[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does psychic type feel so obsolete?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
Why does psychic type feel so obsolete?
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 546x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 546x749
>>25583614
Not for me
>>
it shares the same relationship with fighting type that fairy does. otherwise it's completely different. thematically they aren't dissimilar though.

it's sort of like rock and steel. and steel is better.
>>
because it used to be op and now it ain't shit
>>
File: 25586423_m.jpg (223 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
25586423_m.jpg
223 KB, 480x600
Because it had a long way to fall after being an unstoppable rape machine in gen 1.

Still my favorite type tho.
>>
Because they are now
>>
>>25583614
It is because Fairy has better offensive coverage compared to Psychic that can only kill Fighting and the irrelevant Poison type. Not mention having dark still having its immunity nerfs psychic big time and GF isnt gonna remove that anytime soon.
>>
>>25583661
>Psychic unstoppable
No anon GF was too mentally retarded to make make strong Bug or Ghost type moves in Gen 1. Also Alakazam is the only OP psychic mon in Gen 1.
>>
>>25583833
Which translates to it being unstoppable.
Also
>what is mewtwo
>>
It's been going downhill ever since Heracross showed up in Gen 2
>>
>>25583833

I think bug attacks sucking in gen 1 was a purposeful choice. Bug was meant to be a grass killer, not a psychic killer.

Venusaur 4x weak to bug
Victreebel 4x weak to bug
Vileplume 4x weak to bug
Exeggutor 4x weak to bug

Making good bug attacks with widespread usage would have made grass types fucking worthless. As for ghost, I think they just fucked up.
>>
>>25583833
slowbro, starmie and exeggutor were all op in gen 1 and besides the latter all three are still in ou
>>
In game, they are dwindling. In TCG, They are every fucking where.
>>
>>25584142
Poison isn't weak to bug, anon.
>>
>>25584240
Yh their psychic type was because of that. Their psychic type added a fuckton of new horrible weaknesses to them.
>>25584142
So just buff grass types by having supereffect electric types or something.
>>
>>25584537
In Gen I it was. You probably don't know because no Bug move was worth using. Or underage, w/e
>>
>>25584537
in gen one poison was weak to bug and bug was weak to poison.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.