[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sucker punch >knock off >foul play >pursuit Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 11
File: sable.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
sable.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>sucker punch
>knock off
>foul play
>pursuit

Why are dark type moves so good and unique? Why can't other types get good moves?

Also make up a cool unique move for your favorite type, but I doubt it will be as good as a dark move.
>>
>>25583181
butthole: you shit all over the enemy and it lowers accuracy and defense plus making them go back into thier pokeball
>>
>>25583181
Dark is based on edgy shit.
>>
dark type is about fighting dirty, everything they do is unconventional by default

heat press
>fire
>physical
>bp 80
>acc 100%
this move has a 10% chance to burn. if this move is not very effective it has a 10% chance to put the target to sleep instead.
>>
>>25583249
It's also about darkness, being evil, etc

>dark pulse
>dark void
>night daze
>ominous dex entries
>ominous appearance
>>
>>25583249
>literally heat crash's nip name
>>
>>25583459
it's japanese name would be fukushima no bushi
>>
>>25583181
Dark types must be really pragmatic fighters meaning they will do anything to win.

Bite and Crunch means they arent above biting you up.

Pursuit means they will attack you while your trainer tries to call you back

Beat Up is just a gang beating.

Sucker Punch is hitting you before you can execute your attack

Night Slash in japanese is called blade testing meaning they willl slice you with their darkness blade while you are completely offguard.

Knock Off it just bitch slapping the held item away.

Feint Attack is pretending to be dead then sucker hitting the foe.

Foul Play is basically beating the shit out of th foe in a dirty manner.

Payback is petty vengeance.

In a wild pokemon battle the dark types would attack you the moment you turn your back.
>>
My favorite type is fighting and I really juat want Focus Blast changed to be able to hit ghosts types. Wouldn't be too bad if it ignored evasion as well.

We need more special based fighting moves anyways. How about this:

Quiver Palm
Special
BP 65
Acc 100%
Paralyzes the opponent.

I would even concede to that being a 30 or 50% chance for paralysis.
>>
File: Cachorro use nutcrunch.gif (2 MB, 419x274) Image search: [Google]
Cachorro use nutcrunch.gif
2 MB, 419x274
>>25583481

>Foul Play is basically beating the shit out of th foe in a dirty manner.
>>
>>25583481
>Feint Attack is pretending to be dead then sucker hitting the foe.

Nigga you need to check your dictionary
>>
>>25583481
All in all, nigger moves
>>
The aesthetic of dark type just mixes really well with the game's mechanics, is all. It gives the developers an easier time coming up with interesting attacks

Dark type's main aesthetic is "fighting dirty" which usually involves things like acting when the opponent doesn't expect you to, cutting in on the "order", etc. They "break the rules" while still being within the mechanical rules

Foul Play could definitely be a fighting type move, though - the idea of "using your opponent's strenght against them" is very much a cornerstone of many martial arts.
>>
>>25583181
My favorite Type is Psychic, and I'm already pretty satisfied with their status moves. The Rooms, the Screens, all that good stuff.

Here's a new one.
Screen Room
Psychic
Status
100 Acc.
However many PP the other Rooms have.
Sets up both screens for both sides in one turn. Guaranteed to last 5 turns. Add an item that extends that to 8 for all Room moves.

Also, here's an offensive one.
Hitting Yourself
Psychic
Special
20 BP
100% Acc.
10 PP
Makes the opponent hit itself with its higher attack stat and stops their attack. Cannot be used twice in a row or in conjunction with Protect or its variants.

Another
Fate
Psychic
Special
10 PP
Cannot be stopped
Is guaranteed to do a set 10 HP of damage. Cannot be stopped by missing, Protect, Substitute, Dark Type immunity, switching, fainting the user, anything. Once it is selected, the opponent is guaranteed to lose 10 HP that cannot be recovered.

Another!
Patience
Status
100% Acc.
10 PP
The user is granted immunity to Taunt, confusion damage, Attract, Etc.

Again!
Forget
Psychic
Status
100% Acc.
10 PP
Makes the opponent forget its Type and lose STAB

Patience and Fate should be given to Wobbufett. Forget should be Beheeyem's signature move.
>>
>>25583574
Aura Sphere already ignores evasion and accuracy, it's distribution is pretty limited but it exists. It'd be silly if Focus Blast hit Ghost types since there's no real reason for it to.
>>
>>25583574
Force Palm already takes that idea.
>>
>Headlock
>Physical
>Fighting
>BP 30
>20 PP

Makes contact, naturally. Basically a fighting type wrap/infestation/sand tomb, doing damage over time.
>>
delicious cookie
>fairy
heals the target 1/8 but lowers their defense and special defense
>>
>>25584357
Harshly.
>>
File: jjokbari shits.jpg (512 KB, 1232x1110) Image search: [Google]
jjokbari shits.jpg
512 KB, 1232x1110
>>25583459
JAP FAGGOT
>>
File: 1407075844884.png (389 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
1407075844884.png
389 KB, 890x890
>>25583929
jesus christ.

you need your autism checked out ASAP
>>
>>25584468
Why? I was just feeling a bout of creativity and wanted to make some shitty moves.
>>
>>25583181
Parasite
>bug
>special
an opponent is latched on to, damaged taken by your Pokemon is also inflicted upon the "infested" opponent to a lesser percentage even if they are switched out.
>>
>>25584798
Sounds more like a Leech-Seed clone.
>>
>>25585612
I think it is supposed to be more of a destiny bond, If you take damage your opponent does too. Call it fates entwined or something am it would be ghost move.
>>
>>25586254
I just meant the name.
>>
File: 3 hit combo.gif (468 KB, 317x178) Image search: [Google]
3 hit combo.gif
468 KB, 317x178
I'd like for fighting types to get some actual combo attacks, i.e. Attack A causes Attack B to do more damage if it hits, which in turn causes Attack C to do more damage, and so on leading into each other smoothly

The closest we have are attack moves that increase stats or increase their own individual attack power
>>
Expunge
Poison Physical (or special? idk)
BP: 50 ACC: 100
The Pokemon drains the toxins out of its target, if the target is poisoned, the attack deals double damage and heals half of the user's health, but also cures the target's poison status.
>>
>>25586369
There's stuff like Charge -> Electric attack or Defense Curl -> Rollout.
We need more like it, though.
>>
>>25586384
There's already a move like that that doesn't heal the target.
>>
>>25586389
yeah but that's status into physical attack, I mean physical attacks that lead into other physical attacks.

charge moves aren't combos no matter how many steps you separate them into, because they only hit once.
>>
>>25586410
Last Resort and Rage come to mind.
>>
Okay hear me out:
Crow/loud crow or something.
Flying type move.
Does almost nothing against normal foes. Maybe lowers a stat or something.
Does a SHITton of damage on sleeping foes, wakes them with a high chance to confuse.

Thoughts?
>>
>>25586452
Also Bide and Fury Cutter
>>
>>25586452
>>25586462
those aren't combo attacks and they don't lead into each other
>>
>>25584312
Even better
>Sleeper Hold
>Physical
>Fighting
>BP 30 or lower
>10 PP
>Accuracy 70

Makes contact, puts the foe to sleep but for only 2 turns, like Rest.
>>
>>25586612
How about user can't move during it, either?
It's not unfair, but it's still useful when stalling.
>>
>>25584312
Ahh yes! I see you know your judo well!
>>
>>25583481
Blase Testing refers to Samurai who would roam the streets at night and "test" their new katanas on unsuspecting villagers.
>>
Hammer Smash
Steel/Physical
60 BP/10 PP/90 Acc
Breaks Protect and screens, but does not have priority unlike Feint.

Fey Step
Fairy/Physical
100 BP/10 PP/-- Acc
Two-turn attack. Never misses. Hits through Protect, but not Detect.

Mental Focus
Fighting/Status
10 PP
Renders the user immune to Psychic-type moves for three turns, and lifts Confusion.
>>
Sleepwalk
Psychic/Physical
75BP whatever else idgaf
Can only be used while the user is asleep
>>
Ethereal Shift
Ghost/Status
PP 10
The user of this move will shift into the ethereal plane for a few turns, causing any physical moves by the enemy or the user to be completely ignored.
>>
Chicxulub
>rock
>special
>bp 90
>acc 90%
>Deals 1/8 dmg to 2 random pokemon in enemy team
>>
>>25586942
Reanimation
Ghost/Status
PP 5
Any pokemon on the foe's team that faints can be controlled by the user to attack the foe if any pokemon on the users team faints. Basically if your garchomp fainted then the moment you faint a mon on the opponent's team. He can now bring your Garchomp back from the dead and use it against you. This can be used on multiple pokemon in doubles or triples.

Mind Control
Psychic/Status
PP 12
User can select on pokemon on the foes side of the field to attack its ally.
>>
Carapace
Bug/Status
20PP
Raises Defense and Special Defense by 1 stage.

Scuttle
Bug/Physical
100BP/5BP/100 Acc
1st turn: Raises Speed by 1 stage and charges, attacks 2nd turn.

Morning Dew
Grass/Status
30BP
All grass type pokemon on both sides gain the Water type for 5 turns. All bug type pokemon on both sides gain passive healing at the end of each turn (1/16th).

Requiem
Ghost/Status
5BP
Lowers the user's and the target's HP to 1. Blocked by protect/detect etc.

Winter's Advance
Ice/Special
80BP/10PP/70 Acc
Hits adjacent foes on both sides of the field, lowers speed by one stage if it hits.

Maim
Dark/Physical
65BP/10PP/95 Acc
Lowers attack by 1 stage, makes contact.

Earthing
Electric/Status
20PP
Ground type targets lose their immunity to electric type attacks until switched out. Blocked by protect/detect etc.

Firefly
Bug/Physical
90BP/10PP/95 Acc
Also has the Fire typing, with all weakness and resistances associated.
>>
>>25586891
Would be better as an ability.
>>
Squalor
Poison/weather
10PP
"The conditions are unsanitary!"
Reduces a random stat for all pokemon that aren't poison type every turn, makes poison attacks stronger.

Sharkbite
Water/Physical
60BP/25PP/80 Acc
Attack the foe 1 to 3 times.

Vaporize
Normal/Special
60BP/30PP/70Acc
Breaks through barriers if it hits and returns status to normal.

Starry Sky
Normal/weather
10PP
"The stars are twinkling!"
Normal type moves don't need to charge, accuracy boosted 50%.

Atomsmasher
Normal/special
5PP/200BP/100 acc
This move damages both pokemon, damage reduced by reflect, mirror coat, etc.

Southern Cross
Dragon/special
20PP/30BP/80 Acc
Traps the opponent in a draconic flame for a few turns, trapping them.

Assist
Normal/special
5PP/varies/varies
Calls one random pokemon from your team to use one random move from their move pool without using PP.
>>
>>25587490
Sharkbite should be 45 BP, maybe 50.
I love Vaporize, but it should be more accurate and a bit less powerful.
Squalor seems interesting. The others are pretty okay. Also, there's already a move called Assist.
>>
>>25583249
>differing statuses
>>25583929
my god these are all awful
>>25584312
standard and neat
>>25584357
new and somewhat interesting
>>
File: 1390948938224.jpg (490 KB, 1731x1427) Image search: [Google]
1390948938224.jpg
490 KB, 1731x1427
Don't know how unique these are but I just like Ghosts so

>Poltergeist
>15 PP
>30 BP
>Deals double damage if the user or the opponent is holding an item, and triple damage if both are holding an item. 20% chance to do one of the following: swap the user and the opponent's item, knock off the user's item, or knock off the opponent's item.

>Possession
>10 PP
>Status Move
>The user possesses the target, allowing them to pick what move they use next.

>Exorcism
>10 PP
>Status
>If used on an ally, cures any status (including Taunt, Wrap, Outrage lock, etc.); if used on an opponent, removes any stat changes.

>Medium
>10 PP
>N/A
>Allows the user to use any move of a Pokemon in the trainer's party, provided they are fainted

>Toll (Hell Money in Japan)
>20 PP
>Varies
>Its Base Power varies depending on how many fainted Pokemon are in the user's party: 20 for 1, 40 for 2, 60 for 3, 80 for 4, and 100 for 5. Additionally, the move works like a variable Pay Day, increasing winnings earned by x0.5, x2, x3, x4, and x5 respectively.
>>
>>25588075
>my god these are all awful
All of them? Patience seems pretty reasonable.
>>
>>25588153
Patience would hardly be viable, most things that would use it are either setup, which thus only get their setup move and a STAB+Coverage or 2 STABs, or something like a resttalker, which ends up even worse
Being immune to confusion damage just isn't useful, nor is immunity to attract.
>>
>>25583181
>Chill Out
Ice, Status move. On the next turn, any secondary effects your attack has are guaranteed to happed. So if you use Chill Out and then Ice beam next turn you freeze them for sure!

Works with other secondary effects just for other potential funny shenanigans.
>>
>>25588168
Also immunity to Taunt. It's just a move to help out guys that want to setup Rocks, Screens, Etc. without being stopped by Taunt.
>>
>Pollution
>10 PP
>Status
>A Poison weather, but instead of summoning new weather, it converts the existing one. Rain becomes Acid Rain, which damages non-Poison types while healing Poison-types. Sun becomes Radiation, which burns all non Poison and Fire types and boosts the Speed of Poison-types. Sandstorm becomes Smog, which poisons all non Poison and Steel types while raising the Special Defense of Poison types. And Hail becomes Black Snow (I would make it Nuclear Winter but that's too edgy for a kids game) which reduces the Attack stat of all non Poison and Ice types and boosts the Attack of all Poison types.

This would be best as an ability, but that's not the point of this thread.
>>
>>25588179
At that point you've lost a critical turn.
If you outspeed the Taunter, the turn would be better spent setting up.
If you don't, Patience is a status move and thus you wouldn't be able to use it.
If your opponent has Taunt and doesn't use it when they see a likely setup then you're facing an idiot and using this doesn't help.
>>
>>25588208
Okay, maybe it's immune to Taunt? I don't know. Tons of moves are worthless, but are flavor moves. It wouldn't be a horrible idea.
>>
>>25583207
Literally just a regular force-switch move
>>
A really simple one but:

>Corrosion
>20 PP
>70 BP
>Super effective against Steel, 10% chance to lower Defense and Speed
>>
Poison has some nice moves like Venom Drench/Venoshock, but they're a bit too situational. I still think any poison afflicting moves should cause Toxic when used by a poison type, and Toxic should have 75-85 accuracy, 100 for Poison types.
>>
>>25588235
Just 1x effective would be enough IMO, like Scrappy in move form. Still shits on Ferrothorn/Mawile nicely.
>>
>>25588267
It's just one move, though. It'd be better as SE.
>>
Feather Darts
Flying
35 BP
5 PP
Can only be used in the semi invunerable state after using fly. User remains in semi invunerable state. Ignores Protect and Substitute.

Tremor
Ground
same as above but with Dig

Barnacle Torpedo
Water
Same as above but with dive.

Charge Up
Double/Tripple battle move.
PP 8
Allied pokemon does not use a turn to charge a move.

Flutter
Flying
PP 10
Pokemon flaps its wings or other appendages to become air born. Grants immunity from Ground type moves.

Initial Charge
Fighting
BP 75
+3 Priority. Attack during the first turn a pokemon is sent out. No secondary effect.
(it's a sumo reference)

Terrify
Ghost
Scares an opponent and lowers their Defense. If used by a Ghost type, lowers SpD and confuses the target.

Recovery Steal
Psychic.
+2 Priority. Negates an opponent's recovery and heals the user instead.

Carnival
Fairy
basically fairy type Beat Up.
>>
>>25588178
>Sheer Cold
>Flinching
>>25588235
What type? Poison seems like a good fit, however, Steel Types are so rare it's not worth it. Maybe make it a signature for a Fairy/Poison type or something.
>>
>>25583929
Fate sound like the most useless shit ever as well as not being unique because there are other guaranteed hit moves and set damage moves

Addding "hits through protect" isn't creative
>>
>>25588307
It's just a little extra for Wobbufett. No need to be so aggressive.
>>
>>garlic breath
>>70 or 80bp
>>grass
>>special
>>deals SE damage on dark and ghost types
>>
Fireworks
Fire
Special/Physical with no contact
25 BP
Hits 2-5 times
Given to all especially American or Chinese Pokemon.
>>
>>25588267
It's meant to be like Freeze Dry
>>25588294
Yeah it was supposed to be Poison

You could easily do that for other types too
>Skeptical
>Normal
>Super effective against Ghost, doesn't effect Fighting

>Ghost Buster
>Fighting
>Super effective against Ghost, doesn't effect Normal

>Soul Power
>Ghost
>Hits Fighting and Normal neutrally (since you're hitting two types I think making it super effective would be unfair), doesn't effect Ghost types.
>>
>>25588320
I think just keep it super effective against Ghost.

Following that line of logic though
>Silver Cross
>Steel
>Physical
>SE against Ghost

Also
>Guilt Trip
>Psychic
>Special
>SE against Dark types.
>>
>>25588330
I like a move like Skeptical. Makes Normal Type moves SE on Dragon/Ghost/Fairy/Psychic for the next few turns.
>>
>>25588351
I was going to say that might be a little overpowered, but since Normal has no advantages I actually think that's fine.
>>
>>25588363
Maybe it makes it NVE on more natural types?
>>
>>25588370
Hmm, that could work, but the most appropriate would be NVE on Steel which it is already not effective against.

I guess just making it not very effective against the four main elemental types (Grass/Fire/Water/Electric) is a fair trade off for being effective against the four supernatural types.
>>
>>25588396
Reasonable enough.
>>
>>25588307
>not being unique because there are other guaranteed hit moves and set damage moves
Yes, and this combines those, you fucking retard. It also takes it a step further, by going through Protect, switches, and all that other stuff. It certainly isn't the best idea, but you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>25588184
The extra effects are a little complex maybe, but I love it. Maybe Black Ice for the last one?

Wasteland
Basically a Poison Terrain, does 1/16th damage per turn to all grounded non-Poison types for 5 turns, Poison type moves do an extra 50% damage, Fairy damage is halved.

Scorched Terrain
Fire type terrain move, lasting 5 turns, reduces physical attacks by 1 stage for grounded pokemon. Fire type moves are boosted by 50%, Grass moves reduced by half. Prevents sleep.
>>
>>25583929
I liked your moves anon :)
Better than anything the people criticizing can come up with. They haven't even contributed.
>>
File: hexxus-o.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
hexxus-o.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>25588428
>Wasteland

I love the way you think.
>>
>>25583929
>Use forget on Shedinja twice
Please no.
>>
>>25588536
>>Use forget on Shedinja twice
>Please no.
What? It says STAB.
>>
>>25588542
Ah nevermind
>>
Glassmaker
Electric
75BP, Special
Super Effective on Ground type
>>
>>25583181
Because you are a sneaky little bastard.
>>
How about a move or ability that makes a Pokemon take 1 extra turn to faint? I could see it on Slowpoke's line.
Needs to not work with Destiny Bond, though.
>>
Rebuild
Rock Type
Status
Recovers half of the pokemon's health.
>>
Cursed Brambles
Fairy
20 PP
Sets up thorny branches as an entry hazard that doesn't affect Fairy or Grass types.
>>
Clear Wing
Bug | Physical
100 Base Power | 100 Accuracy | 10 PP
Deals inverse damage (Everything that resists it is weak instead, weak to resists)

Collapse
Rock | Physical
125 Base Power | 100 Accuracy | 5 PP
+2 Priority | Hits before opponent can switch out. User faints.

Inflame
Fire | Status
No Accuracy Check | 5 PP
Works before opponent switches out. As long as this Pokemon is out, your opponents switched in Pokemon automatically become burned.

^ 2 more for PSN and maybe PAR

Grumpy
Normal | Physical
140 Base Power | 70 Accuracy | 5 PP
Only works while user is asleep. If the user successfully hits, then the user wakes up. Won't wake up if opponent is unaffected by move.

Reversal Box
Psychic | Status
100 Accuracy | 5 PP
Priority +4 | For the next 3 turns, switches all opponents Pokemon Attack with their Sp. Atk. And switches their Defense with their Sp. Def. (Only works on 1 of the opponents spots during double and triple battles.)

Weightless Punch
Fighting | Physical
140 Base Power | 100 Accuracy | 5 PP
+1 Priority | Can only be used if user is holding an item. After this move is used, user loses it's item, ability, and all stat increases.

Focus
Fighting | Status
No Accuracy Check | 10 PP
If you select this move 3 times (doesn't have to be in a row): After that, all your damaging moves will OHKO your opponent and break through Protection moves. Counter resets if switched out.

Necro Spray
Ghost | Status
30 Base Power | 100 Accuracy | 10 PP
+1 Priority | A Pokemon hit by this move, as long as they are out, whenever they would be healed by anything (including items), they instead take damage equal to how much they should have been healed by.

Heart Strike
Fairy | Special
80 Accuracy | 5 PP
Deal damage to opposing Pokemon equal to the difference between their current HP and maximum HP.

Sweet Dreams
Fairy | Status
No Accuracy Check | 5 PP
Can only be used while asleep. At the end of each turn while this Pokemon is asleep, it heals by 30%.
>>
Mass Heal
Normal
Heals your entire team by 15%. Except the Pokemon that used this.
>>
>>25588294
It's not a permanent effect, IT's like Lock On, it goes away next turn. The move is really bad since you'd have to waste every other turn to get it to go off consistently, but would be fun since you get to Freeze stuff more often. Flinching would be pointless, since again, you'd have to use it every other turn.

I mean, how often have you just wanted to surf around Freezing Tentacools and Wingulls for laughs? That's something I wish I could do.
>>
>Weightless Punch
>Fighting | Physical
>140 Base Power | 100 Accuracy | 5 PP
>+1 Priority | Can only be used if user is holding an item. After this move is used, user loses it's item, ability, and all stat increases.

I don't even play pokemon competitively and I can tell this would be completely fucking retarded and broken.
>>
>>25583929
Those are awful. Thankfully you will never get out of your mom's house and work at gamefreak.
>>
>>25590811
It says user loses all those, not the pokemon hit by the move. Its probably underpowered.
>>
>>25590811
You just made a shittier version of Gale Wings Brave Bird that you can only use once.
>>
>>25588208
Exactly. Patience would be trash.
>>
>>25590889
Could be decent on Slaking.
>>
Crystal Lattice
Rock/Special
40 base power

User summons a gem in the air to shoot a laser at their opponent, this gem stays in the air across the battle and another attack is added up to the number of gems, up to a maximum of 5. Can be removed by Defog.

Think Echoed Voice but good. It also makes another take on multi hit moves.

Then we give Diancie or something a hidden ability that summons 2 gems when it enters battle for the first time, so it starts out with 3 hits on a 40 power move, effectively 120.
>>
>>25583181
>Digest
>Poison-type
>Status
User consumes their held item to passively gain its effects (For example, using it while holding Leftovers consumes them, but keeps the health regeneration, using it while holding a Chesto berry prevents the user from sleeping). Only works on food items like berries and Leftovers.
>>
Zone Darkness
Dark
Special
150 BP
5 PP
100 accuracy

User attacks the foe with an immense concentration of pitch black energy but must recharge after use.

Shade Blaster
Dark
Special
95BP
15 PP
100 accuracy

User shoots the foe with a destructive blast of dark energy. Has a 30% chance of flinching.
>>
>>25590942
>no item
252+ Atk Slaking Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 214-253 (62.7 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236+ Atk Choice Band Krabby Crabhammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 229-270 (67.1 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
>>25590991
It loses it's ability.
>>
>>25591012
Yeah, and an itemless abilityless Slaking is worse than a Krabby with an item and a useless ability.
>>
Freeloader(another name would prne better)
Dark Type
Status

If used before the opponent uses a recovery move or healing status move, this pokemon and its team receives the effect too.

If it uses Recover or Wish, the pokemon that used Freeloader will receive the effect(your opponent still heals itself/the wish will be successful). If it uses Heal Bell or Aromatherapy, your entire team is affected as well.

This works on heal draining moves like Giga Drain or Drain Punch too, the pokemon takes the damage then receives the healing equal to that the foe got off the attack.
>>
>>25591042
>Obamacare
>>
File: Iv7127o.jpg (71 KB, 493x371) Image search: [Google]
Iv7127o.jpg
71 KB, 493x371
>>25586460
So i slept since o posted this and i think i figured it out.
>Wake up call
>flying type
>special damage 120bp (if target is asleep)
>instantly wakes target with a 30% to confuse
>raises the attack stat of an awake target.
>5 bp
>sound based
Would make since if their was ever a rooster themed mon.
Might come with yawn and nasty plot in its kit for mind games. You'd have to read your opponents switch outs well.
>>
>>25591261
*5pp
>>
>>25588485
I forgot that song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr4knvNNgtU
>>
>>25591034
Do you know what Slaking's ability is?
>>
>>25590976
Shade Buster is literally just a superior Dark Pulse. Be more Creative.
>>
>>25583929
I like Patience and Forget, but the others could use some work. A psychic type clone for Spiky Shield would be better for Hitting Yourself. Fate could be useful, but would really only be used on Wobbufett, probably. Screen Room is a bit useless, but could be better with another effect.
>>
Panic
Dark type move exactly like u turn but makes the opponent's Pokémon to switch out instead of yours
>>
>>25591473
dragon tail and circle throw
>>
>>25584798
Perhaps call it simbiosis? I like it
>>
>>25586369
The pledges exist
>>
The easiest ones to make that thematicalky make any sense are probably stat ones so h-here I go

Reforge
Steel, self status
Removes part of current hp (20%?), heals for some slightly lower percent of total hp (maybe 15% in this example) and increases a stat, maybe defense

Or alternatively:

Reforge
Steel, self
Removes any status conditions or stay increase/decreases, damages the user for 1/4 of it's hp, increases ev, att, def, spdef
>>
Witness
Normal
10pp
Status tag move
Using witness on the same turn as a tag partner dies gives you all of their stat buffs (or maybe some other buff)

Awaited
Normal
10pp
Status, self, tag
Essentially a self destruct that activates when you die, does no damage to a tag partner with active witness
>>
Certain moves should get tons of variations.
75 BP, 100 accuracy, 20 PP, increased critical hit chance move with both special and physical versions for all types would be a good start. 95 BP, 100 accuracy, 20 PP moves for special and physical of all types would also be nice.
What other moves should get this treatment?
>>
>>25593114
Quick Attack already has so many variants, what's a few more? Also, Aerial Ace.
>>
>>25591261
Wake-Up Slap already exists.
>>
>>25593114
>>25593260
Change Take Down and make more moves like this.
115 BP
100 accuracy
20 PP
Recoil
>>
This seems like a decent thread to ask this. If you get a critical hit on a move with 60 base power used by a Pokemon with Technician, does Technician factor first, then the increased BP is multiplied by 1.5, or does the critical hit factor first, making the move ineligible for the Technician boost?
>>
>>25593730
Also, does the critical hit multiply the increased BP, 90, by 1.5, or just add another 30 BP?
>>
>>25588142
Medium looks good
>>
>>25588142
poltergeist is a little weird but the rest of them are pretty neat senpai
>>
>>25593560
>>25593114
Slash and its new variants should be 60-65 BP, the 95 BP moves should be 85 BP, and the new Take Down and friends should be 105 BP.
>>
>>25593294
Dammit.
>>
>>25586410
>>25586478
>>25586389

Serial Block
Fighting
10pp Status
90 Accuracy, 30 if twice in a row
Works basically like Protect and stuffs, only for physical moves. Moreover, upgrade a random stat between speed, attack and defense for each 2 combo points (see below) the launcher has, and reset this counter to 1.

Serial punch
Fighting
15pp Physical
90 Accuracy, -10 for each use in a row
see (*) for BP
if successful, add 1 combo point to the counter.

Serial kick
Fighting
15pp Physical
90 Accuracy, -10 for each use in a row
see (*) for BP
if successful, add 1 combo point.

Any other move used, or failure, reset the combo counter.

BP is calculated as follow :
80 is the last move was a successful (i.e, actually blocked a physical attack) Serial Block,
15 + BP of last move if it was a successful (actually dealed damage, ect), bounded by 180
60 otherwise.

Basically, it forces you to switch back and forth w/ kick/punch and/or protect and gain bonuses with the more combo you do and the more well executed they are. There is no competitive interst in these attacks, they're just for fun.
>>
Bees Dance
Insect
5pp
Physical
80 acc
100 BP
Attack enemies with a swarm of bees. Can either flinch, poison, decrease speed or force retreat.

Yes it is OP, but no insect moves are.
>>
White Rapids
Water
60 BP, Special
Always results in a critical hit. Given to Kingdra, Octillery, and a few other mons.
>>
>>25595115
>Insect
>>25595089
This is good. I like this.
>>
>>25595089
Maybe make them 100 accuracy for the first move, and 95 BP if used after a successful Serial Block. Also, would you say the 15+last move's BP counts the +15 of the last move, if it was the other Serial attack?
Also, what other types could have something like this?
>>
>>25595089
Serial Blast and Serial Sphere as special ones.
I could see Psychic having some, too.
>>
File: tumblr_mztchcbchq1rqooouo8_250.png (69 KB, 250x143) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mztchcbchq1rqooouo8_250.png
69 KB, 250x143
>>25583207
>Lowers stats
>Then switches them out, removing the stat changes
Whats the point
>>
File: menacing aura.gif (652 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
menacing aura.gif
652 KB, 500x281
>>25583301
It seems to be more based on "dark aura", which is usually depicted as an energy in Japan, both bodily and mental. Almost like an anti-Chi.
>>
>>25583647
I'd imagine a Fighting type Foul Play would be a counter, using the opponents momentum and throwing them to the floor as they try to attack, Aikido style.
Actual Foul Play is probably "stop hitting yourself hahaha"

Anycase, all in all you're basically spot on about Dark type's theme mechanics.
>>
>>25591042
Mooch
>>
>>25583481
>Bite and Crunch means they arent above biting you up.
Then why aren't Hyper Fang, Super Fang, Bug Bite, Poison Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, and Ice Fang Dark type moves as well?
>>
Congeal
Poison
20pp
50bp
Slows down oppendent with a 10% of inflicting poison
>>
How would you make Barrier decent and unique?
>>
Hyper Wind
Flying | Status
No Accuracy Check | 5 PP
+1 Priority | Forces opponent's Pokemon to switch out. Deals 25% damage on the user.
>>
>>25598038
Maybe it adds a few turns to any screens that are up.
>>
Leekmerang
Grass/Physical/50 BP/100 Accuracy/15 PP
Hits twice normally, but will hit only once as well as return the item if it has been lost and was a Stick.
Change Bonemerang to this, except it's Ground, returns Thick Club, and hits through Ground immunities.
Leekmerang would be the signature move of Farfetch'd. Got the idea from another guy.
>>
>>25599241
I forgot to mention that it doesn't make contact.
>>
>>25597481

>All the moves except the two normal moves literally start with different types in their name

Hmm I wonder why dipshit.
>>
>>25597410
That's pretty fitting but would Gamefreak put that word in their games?
>>
>>25599382
Mooch isn't a bad word.
>>
>>25595115
Do you mean combees and beedrills?

Do normal bees and other animals exist in the pokemon universe.
>>
>>25599468
Not anymore. Honestly, you shouldn't have asked this question. It'll only attract you-know-who.
>>
Favourite types are poison and grass.

Corrode:
Poison
20PP, 100 acc
60BP special
Hits steel types super-effectively.

Leech tree:
Grass
10 BP, 100 acc
Entry hazard that leech seeds incoming pokemon. Swapping into a grass type clears it away.
>>
>>25599503
>Leech tree:
It'd be better as Leech Bush. I assume Flying types and Levitators would be immune, and maybe Fire types burn it away.
>>
>>25593560
>>25593260
>>25593114
Rollout.
>>
>>25593986
No, Slashes at 80 BP, others at 90, Take Downs at 110.
>>
>>25599392
Yes but I can't see "mooch" in a pokemon game, especially if it's a move's name. It just doesn't fit.
>>
>>25599842
Why not? I don't see an issue.
>>
>>25586369
We also have stockpile and spitup/swallow but I get what you're saying
>>
Defense Curl now ups defense and special defense by one each, as well as doubling Rollout and Ice Ball's power.
Rollout and Ice Ball now increase like this: 40-60-90-135-202.5/80-120-180-270-405; the slash separates default from Defense Curl one.
>>
>>25603170
We need a Defense Curl-like thing for Fury Cutter and friends, too.

Offense Prep- Raises Attack or Special Attack based on the moves whether there are more Special or Physical moves in the Pokemon's moveset. Also raises Critical Hit chance by one and doubles Fury Cutter's power.
>>
Quake Punch
65BP, 100% accuracy
Fighting type knock-off. Given to Toxicroak exclusively.
>>
Bu
>>
Poison types are supposed to be the crippling type, so it needs more moves that work with that theme.

>Venom: Toxic variation that overwrites existing status conditions

>Infect: A move similar to Fire Spin, except instead of doing damage each turn, it randomly drops two of the opponent's stats every time the turn ends

>Hurt: A +1 priority move that inverts any damage healed by the opponent this turn

>Smoke Wall: For 5 turns, switching doesn't cure status drops
>>
>>25606622
Could be good.
>>
>>25603267
>Given to Toxicroak exclusively.
Why?
>>
>>25610381
It's a reference to the most underhanded and evil move in TCG
>>
Snap Freeze
Ice/Status
Priority move with 100% chance to freeze but only 60% accuracy.
Conversely get rid of the priority and add a speed reduction to the target.
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.