[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I miss these games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Pokemonstadiumbox.jpg (93 KB, 256x176) Image search: [Google]
Pokemonstadiumbox.jpg
93 KB, 256x176
I miss these games.
>>
>>25582448

There was never anything special about them, other than seeing your Pokemon in 3D.

Now that the main series is 3D, "Stadium" games serve no purpose.
>>
>>25582517
I bet you only played them on emulator.
>>
>>25582517
the animations doe
the cries doe
the announcer doe
>>
>>25582517
I liked the battle cups specifically for NFE Pokemon. I think Yellow version also had the option to link battle with those rules.
>>
>>25582517
>Now that the main series is 3D
And runs at like 2fps on a tiny screen.

And requires you to own 2 3DSes and 2 games in order to play with anyone.
>>
>>25582517
>There was never anything special about them, other than seeing your Pokemon in 3D
this faggot never had all his friends over to play the mini games.

the log cut was fun, and i could get every egg in the chansey catch on hard mode.
>>
>>25582576
Fucking this, you can make a huge tournament with the shit ton of friends in your house with a pair of controllers and this sweet cassette in a pair of minutes
>>
>>25582448
go play them then you nostalgia faggot ass baby
>>
>>25582517
Except you can't legally play 3DS on your TV
Except the main games don't have the same tournaments as in stadium games
Except the stadium games had better animations and (before collosseum) better cries than the main games
Except the main games don't have the fun as fuck minigames stadium 1&2 had
>>
>>25582598
Still can for free just use 2 wired 360 controllers and an emulator
>>
>>25582625
Not with the new games.
>>
>>25582517
>>25582622
Oh, and I forgot about the announcer >>25582569
>>
File: pidgeot-mega[1].gif (66 KB, 175x60) Image search: [Google]
pidgeot-mega[1].gif
66 KB, 175x60
>>25582517
>detailed animation for every move and action vs pic related
>different modes to play with varying difficulty vs beating the entire game in a few hours
>can play with your friends locally vs shit network online
>fun minigames like the digging game, or sushi line vs flash tier shitgames

just because you had no friends and couldn't get the most out of the game because of your omega level autism doesn't mean others didn't thoroughly enjoy a staple N64 game you dumb faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 732x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 732x628
I feel bad for Gen V and VI pokemon.
They've missed out on being in Stadium clones, which have done a good job fleshing out pokemon in the past.
>>
>>25582638
And you forgot the subtle color changes when you gave nicknames to Pokemon.
>>
>>25582682
Does anyone remember how that worked? Was it just random?
>>
>>25582517
This anon is wrong about seeing your Pokemon in 3D being the ONLY point of the Stadium games, but you have to admit it was a big point that is lost these days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRfTvQOi_P0
>>
>>25582632
First you need to learn how to read. Second, what is wireless play?
>>
>>25582448
I hooked up my old n64 the other day to play this and original smash. Fun sat night
>>
>>25582736
Dude those cost a fortune. How did u manage to get one? R u rich?
>>
>>25582730
Obviously I can read better than you because you missed my initial post with >>25582576

I keep forgetting that /vp/ wasn't old enough to have played any of the Stadium games.
>>
>>25582740
No fuck u
>>
>>25582740
Hey doofus, he was talking about playing stadium on your pc
>Still can for free just use 2 wired 360 controllers and an emulator
again you really need to learn how to read.
>>
>>25582740
I feel you on the shitty screen and framerate, but complaining you need two games and systems to play multiplayer on a handheld is kinda retarded.
At least they cut the link cable out.
>>
>>25582448
The announcer is the only part I really miss, but I understand why they wouldn't bring him back with how much the pokemon and moves roster has grown.

Other than that, I guess something like the academy from the second game would be useful for new players.
>>
>>25582756
With Stadium, Colosseum, and PBR you didn't need any of that. You could play with 0-1 games and just needed a pair of controllers.

>>25582752
And miss out on all the new Pokemon and mechanics.
>>
>>25582752
>no with the new game
>with the new games
>THE NEW GAMES
cĀ“mon anon
>>
>>25582758
God, an updated academy with competitive playing in mind would be really nice for newbies and kids.
I remember my friends made fun of me for playing through the academy because that's boring, but it did make me the best of all of them at Stadium.
>>
>>25582772
>Still can for free just use 2 wired 360 controllers and an emulator
yea but ^ was talking about stadium, not the new games bubby :^)
>>
>>25582784
Then i read wrong every post.
>>
>>25582809
you sure did little guy
>>
File: do want.jpg (23 KB, 235x264) Image search: [Google]
do want.jpg
23 KB, 235x264
But I fucking want another pokemon stadium!
My little sister and I used to play Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 nonstop ; we would sometimes pick rental pokemon that had Metronom and just used that until the other team died.
Shit was cash.
Minigames were cash.
Rental pokemons were cash.
Animation was amazing to see back then on something I still love.
The announcer was cash.

Fuck!
>>
File: 1456694945387.jpg (21 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1456694945387.jpg
21 KB, 320x320
We're definitely overdue for another stadium game, folks. PBR was aight; the story mode could have been better though. I was a fan of the copy Pokemon feature, though, that was cool. What did it for me was the DS battle mode; using your in-game team on the big screen from you and your friend's DSes was thie shit.

What would you guys change about PBR for the next stadium-like game, guys?
>>
>>25582517
Exactly this.

There is just no need for another stadium game as of Gen 6.

Nothing justifies paying $50-$60 for 10 minigames, an announcer, and fight background options
>>
>>25583699
better rentals, using a rental team is pretty fun, but in PBR you are forced to use your ds team beacuse rentals are shit
>>
>>25582517
It's not just that, Stadium was essentially the post-game of RBY
>Mini-games
>Stadium modes with enemies with full movesets that were challenging
>Different rulesets for different Stadiums
>Bonus Pokemon for beating the Elite 4
>Emulate the GB games on the big screen with speed up options
It's obvious Maduda wants to do the bare minimum for post-games so he should just stop being a stubborn idiot and let Genius Sonirity give us a Stadium on the Wii U or NX if he's not going to give us a good post game himself.
>>
It's true there is basically no need for them.
But damn if I don't want one anyway. I miss the crazy cups with their different rules, and the actually good battle animations.

At the very least, I'd make a pokemon stadium like post game in Sun and Moon, complete with the hype announcer, and prizes for beating each cup. Maybe nothing like free pokemon, since GTS kinda makes that meaningless, but other neat items.

Also, gamefreak should make a party game to make up for a lack of kids corner. bonus points if it had connectivity to your pokemon game to use your own pokemon, plus earn prizes.
>>
>>25583328
TAKEN DOWN IN

O
N
E

H
I
T
>>
>>25582721
>Kids WB

I didn't come here to feel
>>
>>25586596
>Maybe nothing like free pokemon, since GTS kinda makes that meaningless, but other neat items.
Could always add some new fun moves for existing Pokemon. Like Amnesia Psyduck.
>>
>>25586726

Better be able to breed those moves or what's the point? ( tfw surfing pikachu is always shit since it can't be bred )
>>
>>25586794
Treat it like any other giveaway, and make at least 2 or 3 IVs always be 31.
>>
File: rival2.jpg (15 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
rival2.jpg
15 KB, 300x225
>>25582517
>Not taking your handheld team to greater heights than the E4 and champion by facing off against motherfuckers that spam ubers
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.