[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how do people do the black outline so perfect for designing ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 900x900
So how do people do the black outline so perfect for designing ?
>>
>>25580498
wrong board, faget. also, it's called pen tool.
>>
>>25580506
Pokemon related I mean for designs
>>
>>25580498
With stabilizer. Also, it's kinda futile since Sugimori and Ohmura don't have clean lineart as this.
>>
>>25580517
There's a way to imitate it but damned if I'm gonna teach anyone.
>>
File: 1457683013410.png (70 KB, 172x159) Image search: [Google]
1457683013410.png
70 KB, 172x159
>>25580527

>M-MUH SECRET SAUCE
>>
>>25580527
??? why not
>>
>>25580527
I will.

If you have Sai then use Stabilizer S-3. Then draw something believable. It's not rocket science.

Color's a different story.
>>
File: birb.jpg (24 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
birb.jpg
24 KB, 600x411
>>25580527

You're not gonna teach it because you don't fucking know how, you attention whoring FAGGOT
>>
>>25580498
The problem with fakemon art like this is actually that the outline is TOO perfect, unless they're purposely not trying to imitate Sugi's style. If you zoom in on Sugimori artwork you'll see that the lines are pretty messy and uneven.
>>
>>25580498
I use gimp2
Make paths then stroke path in a new layer
Pretty ez
>>
What are you even asking? It's a round brush, most likely in Photoshop or SAI. Shit, any drawing program that isn't fucking useless will have an equivalent tool. It isn't even an issue of "muh stabilizer", you just have to not be shit at linework.

Unless you think that was done traditionally, in which case, catch up Grandpa, it's 2016.
>>
http://nachtbeirmann.deviantart.com/gallery/47222857/Tutorial-and-Resources

There are tons of tutorials like this. Use them.
>>
File: 1457214328195.jpg (5 KB, 323x294) Image search: [Google]
1457214328195.jpg
5 KB, 323x294
>>25580578
>/vp/ has to argue about stabilizers as well

Fucking hell.
>>
>>25580707
is it a /gd/ maymay?
>>
>>25580707
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply stabilizers were bad or wrong. I use them all the time. I'm just saying they aren't necessary, especially not here.

Like, you can draw a perfectly straight line by hand. It's easier with a ruler, but still totally doable.
>>
>>25580527
You can't teach someone something you don't actually know.
>>
they print out the pokemon, put it over a piece of black card and cut around it
>>
If you use sai, press the "New Linework Layer" button(making sure it creates a layer over your sketch), select the curve tool and trace over your sketch. Once you've got it laid out, adjust the linework using the "edit" tool with "Translate CP" bubbled in. Tweak it until you're happy with it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.