[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happening?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1457735758696.png (548 KB, 451x529) Image search: [Google]
1457735758696.png
548 KB, 451x529
>1° Gen = G/R/B and later Yellow
>2° Gen = G/S and later Crystal
>3° Gen = R/S and later Emerald
>4° Gen = D/P and later Platinum
>5° Gen = B/W and later Black2/White2
>6° Gen = X/Y and later ???????

The 6° Gen was so bad not to have a second adventure in Kalos??
>>
File: 0F3.png (613 KB, 612x423) Image search: [Google]
0F3.png
613 KB, 612x423
>>25580287
Learn how to speak english first.
>>
>le 3rd games are same as sequels meme

Kill yourself desu
>>
>XY and Sun/Moon

There you go.
>>
>>25580315
Sun and Moon aren't Gen 6.
>>
File: 1457684256511.jpg (35 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457684256511.jpg
35 KB, 640x640
>>25580315

FUCK OFF
>>
>>25580347
Yes they are.
>>
>>25580308
Sorry, mi burrito se heat, and no queria eat quemado
>>
File: 1457678107341.jpg (16 KB, 204x199) Image search: [Google]
1457678107341.jpg
16 KB, 204x199
>>25580355

I like how you think you can say this despite the fact that the only thing announce, the only fucking thing we know, are the logos of two games.

Very special type of retarded.
>>
>>25580374
I like how you're responding to me and not the people saying it's gen 7 when your post applies just as equally to them.
>>
>>25580315
>>25580347
If there are new starters, they'll be gen 7. If not then they'll be gen 6.
>>
>>25580374
How can you say otherwise, then? Anything is a baseless assumption, so everyone should be depicted as retarded when they talk about the games being either Gen 6.5/Gen 7.
>>
>>25580392

Well, they have some logic behind their reasoning. The time between Diamond and Pearl to Black and White roughly three years. Between Black and White and X and Y was also roughly three years. It's been roughly three years since X and Y. Fuck off.
>>
>>25580405
>Well, they have some logic behind their reasoning

So do the people saying it's gen 6. Number of years don't matter as much as stuff leftover that suggests more gen 6 games.

>>25580399
If it uses the same pentagon system as XYORAS, it's gen 6. If not, it's gen 7. Starters have nothing to do with anything and it's arbitrary as fuck. We already know there are new Pokemon.
>>
File: pokesales.png (39 KB, 693x703) Image search: [Google]
pokesales.png
39 KB, 693x703
>>25580287
It's just business. Look at the sales of the third version in every gen, it's almost always about half the total sales as the other games in the gen.

It only makes sense that they'ld eventually just cut off the rotting third foot. Why was it ever necessary? I wouldn't be surprised if XY is the start of us no longer getting third versions anymore. Fuck, we might not even get remakes this coming gen.

Generations are probably just going to come in faster and faster and have less pokemon in them every time.
>>
>>25580405
>m-muh patterns
Kill yourself.
>>
>>25580422
that steady decline in popularity

mememon is dying
>>
>>25580420

Why would they let the VC RBGY only connect to SM and not XYORAS?

Why would they make a third game when they haven't made a third game since DPPL?

Why would they make a sequel to XY when its already been over three years?

Why would they release any follow up to Kalos after three years when they almost always come out one to at the most two years after?

Why would they call it a "New Core-Series Generation" on their official press release?

Why would they compare RB to GS to RS to DP to BW to XY to SM in the announcement trailer if SM were follow up games? None of those other games are follow ups, they're all their own generation of the series.
>>
>>25580444
It's a sad fact. But they've been toying with ideas in sales and have been trying to be competitive in the market. So we're getting like 2 mobile games and a fighter. apparently, they're trying to diversify the brand. I honestly don't think it's going to work.

I hope it pulls out of it's nose dive, but I hope it does it in a way that doesn't require the series to basically backflip into a shit pile.
>>
>>25580447
>Why would they let the VC RBGY only connect to SM and not XYORAS?
Because it would require patching. Which, evidenced from ORAS megas, GF doesn't like doing. Also >>25575313

>Why would they make a third game when they haven't made a third game since DPPL
If they did BW2 the same gen they can do SM the same gen.

>Why would they make a sequel to XY when its already been over three years?
>Why would they release any follow up to Kalos after three years when they almost always come out one to at the most two years after?
Emerald and RS had the same gap. And if it has as much new content as it's suggested then it doesn't necessarily have to be a direct sequel to XY.

>Why would they call it a "New Core-Series Generation" on their official press release?
Same reason they called M-Mewtwo a new Pokemon and said ORAS is a new world. To market it.

>Why would they compare RB to GS to RS to DP to BW to XY to SM in the announcement trailer if SM were follow up games? None of those other games are follow ups, they're all their own generation of the series.
Because it's the 20th anniversary and the whole fucking announcement trailer is fellating itself over being the 20th anniversary. Hell, it focused on that aspect more than the new games themselves.
>>
>>25580422
>>25580510
I should also add I have a personal market related theory going on about the choice to add RBGY to VC.

I think the diversification of the brand is what pushed them into doing it. As a form of personal market research, I think they released the titles to gauge the percentage of people who play the series for the purpose of nostalgia. Because really, only people who remember the games as kids are really going to buy those games in mass. Which means they can use those sales figures as a basis for figuring out how many Pokemon players are adults in terms of sales. If they're trying to expand the brand, they might be looking into the same venues that the Digimon games did when it tried to do the same thing a few years ago and found relatively good sales. That is to say: How many players are adults, and should we cater more toward adults. The push for more intricate story lines and the destruction of the "No death" style rules (not to mention them being okay with RBGY being rated the Pegi equivalent of T for Teen in Europe, seriously they didn't even try to remove the game corner, they just took it on the chin) could mean they're working on an upheaval. That being said it might take an extra gen to really tally for.

But of course this is really just speculation.
>>
I don't think you can call it a Gen 6 game if there is a new batch of Pokemon, a new Region, and it's own story. There's also the fact that they've implied that the only way to transfer Pokemon from Gen 6 to Sun/Moon is through Bank, as well as the UK press release marketing it as a new Generation entirely. To be honest, anyone still clinging to the idea that it's still a Gen 6 game is just grasping at straws.

I personally believe that Sun/Moon will be a GSC repeat. It will be a new Generation with a new Region and new Pokemon, with Kalos likely being accessible in the post-game.

>hurrdurr dual regions won't ever happen again meme

You don't know that. Not saying it will happen, but don't discourage the possibility that it can still happen. We don't know anything, and they left a lot unanswered in Gen 6. The best possible solution, since this is a new Generation, is that Gen 7 will have it's ties to Gen 6, just like what Gen 2 did to Gen 1.
>>
>>25580422
So? They are getting half of the sales with a game that is not made from scratch, they just write some history and place some items here and there and done, a bunch of money for not even half of the trouble
>>
Third games sell horribly while remakes sell very well. If they have a new engine for Sun/Moon I could see them using that to make the x/y sequel and marketing it as a remake.
>>
>>25580287
Lack of new Pokémon introduced in that generation of Pokémon.
>>
>>25580642
Yeah, easy money
>>
>>25580617
>I don't think you can call it a Gen 6 game if there is a new batch of Pokemon, a new Region, and it's own story.

And I don't think you can call it a Gen 7 game if it has the same mechanics as XYORAS and still uses the pentagon.

>There's also the fact that they've implied that the only way to transfer Pokemon from Gen 6 to Sun/Moon is through Bank

They didn't imply anything. All they said is that it you can send Pokemon from XYORAS to Sun/Moon.

> To be honest, anyone still clinging to the idea that it's still a Gen 6 game is just grasping at straws.
No it isn't.
>>
>>25580287
You are a fast one aren't you
>>
>>25580422
>Pokemon Emerald literally sold the worst out of all the 3rd game sequels
I don't understand. How the fuck did this happen? No wonder they didn't give us BF in ORAS, as it looks like barely one played it in the first place.
>>
Holy fuck.
Why do people want it to be gen 6?

Inb4
>muh zygarde story
>muh unfinished business
>muh southern Kalos
>>
>>25581135
>Why do people want it to be gen 6?

I don't -want- it to be gen 6. In fact, I would prefer it were gen 7 because it would mean more mechanic changes. But I'm not convinced it's gen 7.
>>
>>25581135
At this point it's pretty fucking obvious that it's southern Kalos or maybe just near Kalos like Jotho and Kanto. It's still gen 7 though.
>>
>>25581276
Besides the ambiguous
>pentagon
>souvenir
what else is there?

Inb4 zygarde is red and blue.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.