[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poison is the most shit on type by gamefreak. They don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: poison.jpg (158 KB, 658x465) Image search: [Google]
poison.jpg
158 KB, 658x465
Poison is the most shit on type by gamefreak. They don't even have a legendary to this day. There are no strong poison types at all except for gengar which is great primarily because it's a ghost. Its only gimmick is toxic. It needs an overhaul.

ITT - make poison great again
>>
>what is Ice
>>
>>25580284
No Pokémon (type) is carp.
However, a Poison (type) legendary Pokémon is needed.
>>
>>25580302
>no pokemon is carp
>what is magikarp
>>
>>25580301
ice
īs/Submit
noun
frozen water, a brittle, transparent crystalline solid.
"the pipes were blocked with ice"
synonyms: frozen water, icicles; black ice, frost, rime, glaze
"a roof covered with ice"
>>
>>25580301
A type with multiple legendaries and one of the best offensive types in the game?
>>
>>25580307
Rare kek
>>
>>25580307
mild but audible kek
>>
>>25580307
You are not Pokémon battle wise and not Pokémon species wise.
>>
>>25580284
Make poison resist water and supereffect water that should really help poison types big time and also end scald spam.
>>
>>25580359
what did he mean by this
>>
>>25580307
A Pokémon that can survive in any body of water no matter how polluted it is.
>>
>>25580284
You have mega venusaur and Mega gengar. Poison is fine.
>>
>>25580384
>neither of which are primarily poison or use poison
>>
>>25580415
Gengar uses sludge bomb all day. One just killed me Jolteon with it the other day
>>
"hey we're going to make this new type weak to this rarely used type"

"oh wow thats cool, thanks gf"

"but we're going to give most of the pokemon with this type psychic moves, and the most competitively viable pokemon of this type is still part psychic"

"wait what"

"au revoir"
>>
>>25580331
>one of the best offensive types in the game?
That's like saying Poison-types are good because Toxic is one of the most useful status moves in the game.

Pretty much every single Water-type Pokemon can learn Ice-type moves and it renders Ice-type Pokemon themselves obsolete. It doesn't help that Game Freak make tons of defensive Ice-types despite being a shitty defensive type.
>>
Poison STAB is now 2x instead of 1.5x.
Smog (or sumthin) becomes a lingering move like Sandstorm or w.e, Poison-types get their SpA boosted by x% while in this condition.

Poison is now a legit offensive typing and Gengar needs to be banned to Fug-Tier.
>>
>>25580331
And poison is one of the best defensive type in the game and get defensive pokemon, meanwhile ice is one of the best offensive type in the game but only get defensive pokemon.

Just look at gen VI poison got Dragalge ice got Avalugg and Aurorus. One is considered just below OU by smogon the two other are in the shittiest tier.
>>
>>25580569
Poison types get killed for free by alakazam, and Mega metagross. Their aren't even any great poison attacks with high base power
>>
Is taking away water's resistance to ice and giving it a weakness to poison a fair to two weaker types or too much of a nerf on water?
>>
>>25580618
Why does everyone want a nerf to water? It's not even that great.
>>
>>25580284
Ice is far worse off. GF threw Poison a bone with Fairy and it actually did help.

>b-but Ice is great offensively!
So is Poison defensively. Problem with Ice though is that every Water pokémon and their mother learns Ice Beam and it's much better to sacrifice STAB for a non-horrendous defensive type.
>>
File: toxicroakfinger.gif (210 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
toxicroakfinger.gif
210 KB, 192x192
but poison type get all the best designs so it evens out.
>>
>700+ Pokemon, probably going to be 800 or so come Sun/Moon
>Can't spare a single slot to give Poison a Legendary

I just want there to be one, damn it. It doesn't even need to be all that great, just exist.
>>
>>25580638
Because it's a type that doesn't really have any weakness, 3 type resist water: itself, dragon and grass and surprise two of this type are weak to ice and water type can nearly all learn ice move. Water/ice is nearly a perfect coverage, it hit every pokemon for at least neutral damage except some water pokemon and shedinja
Also water only have two weakness grass and electric, like said before grass is weak to ice and is also a type with a lot of weakness and electric doesn't have a lot of good pokemon because half of them are pika clone with shitty bst.
It also resist two common offensive type: fire and ice.
Oh and also water is super-effective against three of the more commonly used offensive type and is one of the few type not resisted by steel.

tl;dr: water is an ok type but making nearly every water pokemon able to learn ice type and so negating most of their weakness make it borderline over powered.
>>
>poison types are bad
Gengar, Scolipede, Toxicroak, Skuntank, and Nidoking say hello.
>>
>>25580284
>>25580284
They got quite a few megas, and super effective to fairy. Is that not enough of an overhaul? I think they should get a pseudo dragon to compensate for "no legendary" though. Dragalge is a badass, but i don't think its pseudo
>>
>>25580284
>There are no strong poison types at all
I count a couple strong primarily poison types in the image you posted.
>>
I don't like that attitude of "X-type should get a competitively viable mon regardless of design" tb h.
Not only it reeks of Smogon, it also disregards that most things/creature/themes that can be associated with ice are also associated with being comfy or defensive/passive. You can't just put out a fucking iceberg with feet and make it an offensive mon, it makes no sense.

Really the best you can do to design a purely offensive ice pokemon is a glass cannon like Frosslass or lazy shits like Abomasnow and Beartic.
>>
>>25580284
At least we had Gen 1.
R-Right guys?
Oh, wait. We were weak to the most powerful type. And now over half of us still originate from Gen 1.
>>
>>25580550
Fuck making poison type stab comparable to adaptability, but i like this smog hazard idea. Especially when there becomes an ability like drought or drizzle. Infact that'd become a great second ability for weezing. I also like the s atk boost in said condition. That could be a lot of fun.
>>
>>25580284
Lower toxic accuracy to 70% or even lower. It already never misses for poison types and there's no reason for it to have such great accuracy for everything else.

That and make it super effective against water.
>>
>>25580777
It's mostly only psychic, flying, and dragon who get legendaries. Everything else almost is just a secondary typing. There's a few exceptions
>>
>>25582101
No we are never making poison seal SE vs water types. That's fucking retarded.

Already deal super vs grass. Next you will want to deal SE vs fire too
>>
>>25580569
The fuck? Avalugg is good though.
>>
>>25580284

REGIGIGAS
YOU DUMB FUCK!
>>
>whining about Poison
>the most effective type at taking down fairys

ye never lie
>>
>>25580331
>best offensive types in the game

Only makes water types better, ice barely benefits from this at all.
>>
>>25580284
>there are no strong poison types except Gengar
why did person who has no idea what they're talking about get replies? Piss off
>>
>>25582701
Am I being trolled here?
>>
>>25582718
>UU
>>
>>25582713
>implying Fairy couldnt be taken down by a type with better offensive coverage like Psychic or Grass
>>
Best girl tho
>>
File: Dragalge_XY.gif (302 KB, 139x137) Image search: [Google]
Dragalge_XY.gif
302 KB, 139x137
>>25580740
This

Dragalge, Toxicroak and Skuntank are amazing
>>
>>25580740
Best set for Rogue Frog?
>>
>>25582746
>smogon
>>
>>25582794
I would also like to know
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.