[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there been a single gym battle better than this yet? I stopped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9
File: magmar.png (256 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
magmar.png
256 KB, 500x375
Has there been a single gym battle better than this yet? I stopped watching during hoenn
>>
File: 250px-Thunder_Armor.png (86 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
250px-Thunder_Armor.png
86 KB, 250x188
>>
>>25580086

Some of the ones in the Diamond & Pearl series were excellent.
>>
>>25580086
Ash vs Clemont and Ash vs Olympia from last year.
>>
File: vs Korrina 1.webm (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
vs Korrina 1.webm
2 MB, 480x270
>>25580086
>>
File: vs Korrina 2.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
vs Korrina 2.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>25580140
>>
>>25580140
>using a mega in a gym battle
Korrina plz
>>
File: yoshi.jpg (115 KB, 702x558) Image search: [Google]
yoshi.jpg
115 KB, 702x558
>Pikachu beating a Mega Lucario

I can't.
>>
File: wrekt.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
wrekt.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>25581718

pikachu is anime strong
>>
I would totally bone Korrina but she fucking sucked as a Gym leader, she was the literal embodiment of people who overlevel one Pokémon while the other ones are weak as fuck
She was already 3 - 1 by the time it was Lucario's turn, had she bothered training Machoke and that other faggot Ash would've lost
>>
File: ash_vs_clemont.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ash_vs_clemont.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>25580135
this
>>
File: pokemon_bonemerang.png (289 KB, 881x400) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_bonemerang.png
289 KB, 881x400
>>25581718
anime logic is better than game logic
>>
Post that mad mega lucario killing pikachu fight pls
>>
>>25581823
Whoa, what the fuck? Are the animations for gym battles actually good now? This and the Lucario fight looked really cool.
>>
>>25580170
>using a mega in a gym battle
i wish it was like that in XY
>>
Also, the amount of hype that Magmar v Charizard had was unreal. I haven't really watched much of the series beyond Johto but do they ever do big, nasty 2-part episodes and shit with gym leaders anymore?
>>
>>25580086
Gym battle? Probably not, at least as far as I've watched. Currently watching XY.

Best battles overall though were definitely the Ash vs Paul ones in the DP series and the final showdown was great.
>>
File: trick_room_btfo.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
trick_room_btfo.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>25582347
Yeah the XY series actually got a budget.
>>
>>25581718
Are you new to the anime? Pikachu has defeated a bunch of ground pokemon by using electric moves. Defeating Mega Lucario is nothing. At least that's actually possible.
>>
>>25582715
Fug that looks so much better than that old shit.
>>
>>25581753
When he doesnt lose to a lv5 Snivy that is
>>
>>25581805

The anime if I recall stresses the bond between pokemon and trainer being one of the factors in mega evolution so that is likely why there was such a big focus on Lucario.

>>25581838

Could make the argument that it'd be easier for a flying pokemon to avoid such an attack.

Allowing Bonemerang to hit flying types could be interesting assuming it wouldn't open up the possibility of tons of other what if moves.
>>
I haven't been able to even remember most of what's happened after the OS anime, that may be due in part to only having seen post OS episodes once or twice as opposed to religeously rewatching it as a kid.

That being said, the Cinnabar Island arc was hype as shit. It was the only time besides Sabrina's arc that I was so eager to see what happens next.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.