[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://gamerant.com/pokemon-go-deta il-gyms/ H A B B E N I N G
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: gogogo.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gogogo.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
http://gamerant.com/pokemon-go-detail-gyms/

H A B B E N I N G
>>
im almost more hyped for GO than i am for Sun/Moon
>>
>>25569482
Same. Live in suburbia, though. hope I don't get crap
>>
>>25569537
now that i think about it, this game is a perfect excuse for a comfy roadtrip with your homies

then after catching mons in the woods you can chill at the nearest McDonalds and battle some faggot kids
>>
>3 months ago
>>
File: shrug.jpg (77 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
77 KB, 384x313
>>25569437
>Excited for the concept of Pokemon Go
>then reality kicks in

>It's a f2p mobile game
>"There's a wild Pokemon in your vicinity!"
>3d model of pokemon animated at 5fps shows on phone
>Click 'Catch' button
>"You don't have any Pokeballs!"
>Have to pay $5 for a set of 10 Pokeballs
>"The wild Pokemon has fled!"
>"You must wait 30 minutes before discovering a new wild Pokemon".
>>
>>25569594
fuck you go thread.
>>
>>25569621
Eh, that's pretty pessimistic. Anyone know how jew-y Ingress is? That should be a benchmark for how bad Go could be.
>>
>>25569641
Not necessarily.
Pokemon Company would be pulling the reins, so something like Pokemon Shuffle would be a better benchmark.
>>
>>25569641
Ingress is free, supported by ads, sponsor brands appearing on in-game items, and selling your travel data to Google for mapping purposes. Specifically, Google uses it to map where sidewalks and shortcuts are.
>>
>>25569641
Ingress isn’t bad at all.
>>
>>25569621
They probably give you five Poke Balls everyday, I'd assume. Then you save up some credit for better/more balls or just buy them with real cash.
>>
>>25569621
>>25569641
>>25569725
It says it right in the goddamn article that you can whip out your Go Plus wrist device, see it beeping/blinking, push the button and you've instantly captured a Pokemon without even touching the phone. If there really are in-app purchases they're not for capturing Pokemon.
>>
>>25569773
The Go Plus thing is a separate purchase, presumably.
It's possibly they use that purchase as a bypass to buying pokeballs.
>>
>>25569773
>push a single button
>intantly captured a pokemon

what's the point of this game?
>>
>>25569827
you have to push the little button in a special pattern or some shit. Also you dont know which pokemon it is until after youve catched it
>>
>>25569773
I think they'll probably make us pay to transfer mons to Sun/Moon or Pokebank, if anything. Who knows, really. They might even pull a TF2 with this.
>>
File: OHNOES.gif (968 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
OHNOES.gif
968 KB, 200x150
>>25569865
If this is true, I will not play GO.
>>
>>25569884
You can always just check your phone.
>>
>>25569884
the thing with not knowing which pokemon youre catching is only for that wristband thing obviously. Catching with your phone will work exactly like in the games
>>
>>25569437
3 months old article.
>>
You know, the way things are looking it's sorta clear that capturing pokemon is not really going to be difficult unless it's an event legendary or something, GO will be a lot more about battling, trading and actually finding the damn things. But once you do it should be fairly easy to catch one, even without the watch thingie. I can't imagine them making it as easy as a few button ticks only for that.

In a way that's actually pretty neat, it's going to stick to what's core to the franchise. In another way I can't help but be a little sad to know it's one less challenge to overcome

Or maybe I'm just being stupid and catch rates will be a thing; maybe the button sequence on the Go Plus will be harder and faster if you come across a particularly rare pokemon. That would actually make a lot of sense.
>>
File: bizarre boner.png (254 KB, 542x248) Image search: [Google]
bizarre boner.png
254 KB, 542x248
>yfw pokemon GO has shinies

>yfw you find one out one day, legitimately, no shiny hunting or fishing or whatever cheesy method exists nowadays

>Just you and a smile from lady luck herself
>>
>>25570215
>yfw pokemon GO has IV
>yfw no method to easy breed
>just you and a smile from lady luck herself
>>
>>25569621
>Have to pay $5 for a set of 10 Pokeballs

You probably get a free pokeball everyday but there would be a max amount you can carry, which you could obviously raise by spending more money.
>>
File: dexdad.jpg (57 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
dexdad.jpg
57 KB, 500x324
>>25570261

>mfw not a shit to be given about IVs
>mfw no one else will actually be able to mess with IVs like nowadays
>mfw they will simply be rendered out of the playerbase's reach and people will be forced to simply use pokemon they like or they know are "pretty strong" but without any eugenics simulation shit

It's the dream come true, anon.
>>
>>25569621
>>25570287

>You get about three pokeballs per day
>You must carefuly choose when to use them, or go on a quest of many days to literally catch them all in the place where you live

Damn nigga that'd be good.

Would you save your first pokeball for a special pokemon, /vp/? Spend an afternoon out in your neighborhood, looking for that one pokemon that you're sure lives near you, but isn't as easy to find?

Will you go on an adventure?
>>
>>25570295
My team will have a Kingler, being it viable or nto.
>>
>>25570321
I'll be sure start posting on /trv/ and /out/.
>>
>>25569437
>3 months ago
>>
>>25570330

Exquisite taste.

I'm gonna be out and about to get myself an Altaria and Leafeon, no matter how far I must travel
>>
>mfw this could give me motivation to leave dorm
>mfw I lose weight and score all the guys.

Please god.
>>
Anyone else here planning on making some silly shit for fun?

I'm getting into wire art. When GO releases, if it's not shit please god let it not be shit I'm more hyped for this than for sun and moon I will use steel wire to craft a few badges and give them out to people that manage to beat me once I have a good team

I remember that months ago in one of these threads an anon working in a theater said he'd do something similar
>>
>>25569537
streets full of trubbish and rattata
>>
>>25570379
I'm planning to buy/make a big Team Rocket flag and raise in in the university's pole.

That and probably travelling the whole state to find boogeymanz.
>>
>>25570379

>fucked up the spoilers

fuck.
>>
As long as they have no micros transactions I'll play it.
>>
>>25570401

Will you do the speech, anon?
>>
>>25570434
Maybe.
>>
While I'm excited for the release of Go, I'm almost sure South America isn't getting shit, like always, so I'm not keeping my hopes up in terms of special events and whatnot
If my phone didn't pop up the "insufficient space on the device" every to days I'd download the shit out of it, hell maybe even buy the wrist thingy too
>>
>>25570562

oi, fuck you, I live in south america too. Don't crush my hopes. I want to believe

I will delete literally every other app I have if I must to download it. Maybe even buy a new memory card, not like I haven't been needing to anyway
>>
>>25570562
>>25570590
Ingress is really compatible with lantin america in general,maybe with legendary events will be have few problem but catching pokemon should be ok.
>>
>>25570407
>No optional microtransactions on a mobilegame.
Yeah I guess you won't play it then.
>>
Has there been a single word about what Pokémon you're gonna start off with? This is really one of the most important things that could be asked but I've never seen any info brought up about it.

I imagine if it's not the Kanto starters it's gonna be something exceedingly common like Rattata or something extra faggy like Riolu
>>
>>25570379
>I will use steel wire to craft a few badges and give them out to people that manage to beat me once I have a good team
Sounds like the perfect thing to wing at your head or toss down a storm drain the second you turn around.
>>
>>25570684

I'm almost sure that there simply won't be any starter pokemon and you're supposed to just go out and catch one. Would be cool.

>>25570727

Eh, it's a possibility. Whatever, it's for fun.

I mean obviously I wouldn't give them out if the other person is a dickbag or just a random passerby, but hey, whatever happens, happens. I know it's silly shit so I'll accept the risks that come with it.
>>
>>25569437
>>25569482
>>25569537
>Live in Hawaii
>Different kinds of environments all over the island
Being able to play Sun and Moon early sure is gonna be great.

>If S&M do take place in Hawaii there will likely be a event there
feels good man
>>
Japan is going to get the best shit. New York and London tier cities will be next. Then suburbs. Then rural.

If you don't live in the first two areas why even bother?
>>
>>25570839

Because despite all that I still want to have an adventure, anon.

I want to be the very best

You can still have fun even if things are not handed to you or if you're not privileged, you know
>>
>>25570839
>tfw Ohio
>mfw only grass types and rodents

I just want Snorlax dammit.
>>
>>25570839
Anywhere you live it'll have at least City and Wild Biomes.

Of course you'll have to travel to get to another wild biomes, but that makes it even better.

>>25570886
You'll have to face myself first.
>>
File: [weed wagon].jpg (22 KB, 391x475) Image search: [Google]
[weed wagon].jpg
22 KB, 391x475
>>25570913

I'll be waiting.

May we meet in battle one day, anon. If luck allows it.
>>
>>25570913
>>25570899

Traveling isn't even on the plans, trading is supposed to be one of the biggest things isn't it?

You can definitely travel but if you can't afford it you'll always be able to look for the mon you want by trade. Just gotta put in the work to get something worthwhile to trade back.
>>
>>25570981

We'll probably have a trading general up soon after GO is released

/vp/ will always have your back, anons, remember that.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.