[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which games brought the most hype before their release?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: bw corocoro.jpg (464 KB, 1400x1015) Image search: [Google]
bw corocoro.jpg
464 KB, 1400x1015
Which games brought the most hype before their release?
>>
Gold and silver.
>>
RZ for me. And FRLG
>>
>>25567796

HGSS
>>
>>25567796
XY no doubt
>>
>>25567809
This. If you believe otherwise you must be a hoennbaby or worse.
>>
I would say BW but XY was also really hype.
>>
Probably BW
>>
XY and look where they got us...
>>
File: b95.jpg (21 KB, 300x314) Image search: [Google]
b95.jpg
21 KB, 300x314
>>25567850
>A already seen thing with revamp VS A entire new generation
Nah, a new pair that starts a generation should be the answer, not a remake.
>>
>>25567809
>>25567858
definitely one of these. quality vs. quantity imo. gs caused more hype just among the people that loved rby, but xy was getting people whod never even played pokemon hype.
>>
>>25567899
2012 was a great year on /vp/ i hadn't played a pokemon game since ruby before that, my hype for gen six was so great hung out here and studied pokemon with out even having a ds.
>>
>>25567796
BW, with ease.
>>
I'm so hype for every game that comes out. My top 3 were probably

>X and Y
>Diamond and Pearl
>Emerald (weirdly)
>>
I don't think I've ever seen as much hype across the board as I have with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

That being said, the first ORIGINAL game I've seen the most hype for was Black and White, but that's most likely because I wasn't online so much when Gen IV was new.
>>
>>25567959
The HG/SS hype was the cause why /vp/ excists.
>>
File: 1446905114071.png (247 KB, 539x500) Image search: [Google]
1446905114071.png
247 KB, 539x500
>>25568015
X/Y were announced early 2013.
>>
>>25567982
>xy was getting people whod never even played pokemon hype
>[citation needed]

XY, like just about every pokemon game after gen II, was largely ignored by non-pokemon fans. You must be extremely underage to believe otherwise. Again, please refer back to >>25567869 if you want to avoid looking like an idiot.
>>
>>25567869

Goodbye please.
>>
>>25567796
I never noticed how hot the BW female Plasma Grunts were
>>
X and Y followed by Diamond/Pearl
>>
>>25569533
No, it was the /v/ generals.
>>
Gen 6 games for me. The Hoenn remakes gave me the most hype because I'm a Hoennbaby who had given up hope on them a long, long time ago. But if remakes don't count, then XY definitely. Me and all my friends losing our shit about how you could sit on benches.
>>
As tempted as I am to say BW or XY, DP had a fucking hype development cycle. Even though the games ended up being pretty bleh, the physical/special split and online play made people crazy.
>>
>>25569533
No, it was people gorespamming the generals on /v/ you history-rewriting dunce.
>>
>>25567809
This. Pokemon was still at the height of its mainstream pop cultural relevance. Simply the idea of new Pokemon was huge, whereas now it's just routine.
>>
>>25570314
DP definitely did it for me but Platinum and B2W2 was when my hype thrusters went into full force maximum overdrive. Damn were those games crazy.
>>
File: 1454981184324.jpg (14 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
1454981184324.jpg
14 KB, 198x198
>having to wait all those months for Platinum

Platinum was mine. I liked Gen 4 well enough, but even reading the improvements that they had made just threw me over the top. I am glad they do the global release now instead of "America and everyone else waits 6 months."
>>
D/P was what got me back into Pokemon. B/W was pretty hyped up though. I'm going with D/P based on my experience.
>>
File: hype rockets.webm (873 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hype rockets.webm
873 KB, 640x360
IMO Black/White was the most hyped by far at least so far as "games released since 4chan existed" goes.

>it's America
>the protagonists have been aged up
>the story looks more serious
>/vp/'s reaction
>>
The biggest pokemon hype I've experienced was by far in '98 when the franchise as a whole was being brought to the west. All the advertisement made sure everyone and your grandma had heard of Pokemon and Pikachu before the anime even started.
Though that's just from my perspective anyways, it makes more sense that G/S caused more hype as far as games are concerned, both here and in Japan.
>>
>>25569890
>largely ignored by non-Pokemon players
>[citation needed]

Quit spouting bullshit
Also,

>implying that everyone who didn't play Pokemon when it was released is underage

Me and a few people I know didn't show interest until ruby and sapphire, some even at black and white
>>
>>25569890

Are you retarded, or?
>>
Black and White

PETA even tried to make a spoof game of it about how cruel it was for people to own and battle with pokemon but were blown the fuck out when it was addressed in the game
>>
Living in England and getting the games fucking late, we got all the hype from Japan and then another year of it from America for RB

Plus the anime was on TV long before it even released
>>
XY because of worldwide release
>>
RS.

Couldn't really get hyped for GS because they were released before I even got Blue. By the time Gen III was announced I was online regularly and could get the news as it broke alongside everyone else.
>>
>>25567796
Definitely Gold and Silver.

Possibly because of the time they were released; the internet wasn't as robust as it is these days and information felt few and far between, so even the smallest piece of information sent forums and fansites into an explosive hype.

Speculation was great back then too, because R/B/Y had so much to build upon and once it was revealed that the day/night cycle was going to affect what Pokémon appeared, people become really optimistic and excited over what other new features would be implemented.

I kinda miss those days, or wish I could re-live them, or find any of the old scans and shit from back then.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.