[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does based Dark Dragon feel like it's made of tissue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: qt.png (54 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
54 KB, 250x250
Why does based Dark Dragon feel like it's made of tissue paper despite having more bulk than a lot of other Pokemon that seem to take hits better?

Is it really all in that typing?
>>
>>25564443
Yes, because it's weak to or damaged normally by most of the types that are common in the meta.
>>
>>25564463
So, technically he's fine.
But just happens to be fucked over because things that can hit him are way more common?

That sucks.
>>
>>25564443
I dont really know what you're talking about, it generally bulks things pretty well.

It's biggest issue is that it's weak to a couple common types. But types it resists, or even is neutral to, it can tank well. It's durable despite it's offensive role.
>>
>>25564443
Typing and by today's standards it's slow. Dragonite is bulkier and has multiscale. Garchomp is bulkier and is faster. Hydreigon has it's place though with crazy coverage.
>>
>all EVs in Sp AtK and Spd
>carries a life orb
>why is my pokemon so fragile?

Most pokemon without investments in hp or defense will die in one hit to a sweeper.
>>
>>25564443
Do you like being 4x weak to Fairy?
>>
>>25564515
yes. it's my kink
>>
>>25564443
Typing and the fact that Hydreigon usually don't have a reason to invest in bulk. It barely misses a key speed tier and it has "only" 125 SpA with no good way to boost it so everything always goes into those two stats.
>>
>>25564562
It's such a frustrating pokemon. Such an insane amount of potential, barely held back in every way.

>Very strong attacking stat and amazing coverage and great offensive STAB with no way to boost and blocked hard by Fairies
>2 points away from being in the desired speed tier for a "fast" pokemon, again, with no way to boost
>Great natural bulk hindered by need to invest elsewhere, 4MSS preventing Roost on most sets, and weak to a few key types

A mega would do amazing things to this thing so long as the dont go full retard and lower it's speed. Even a measly 5 points to speed would significantly improve it's performance.
>>
>>25564515
I wouldn't blame the Fairy typing so much as that Fairies usually have great to insane special bulk. It can still damage things like Granbull and Mega Altaria with Flash Cannon.

>>25564592
Yeah. Probably a reason why its so awkward is that Hydreigon is a complete 180° on Zweilous and Deino, who are slow and have massive attack.

I know a lot of people talk about adding Steel on to a possible Mega Evolution. Just know that since Hydreigon is Dark/Dragon and not Dragon/Dark, it would become Dark/Steel by traditional standards.
>>
>>25564649
>I know a lot of people talk about adding Steel on to a possible Mega Evolution. Just know that since Hydreigon is Dark/Dragon and not Dragon/Dark, it would become Dark/Steel by traditional standards.

I think adding Steel as it's typing would be a bad idea for a lot of reasons, that being one of them.

It's entire concept is based off of Orochi. People assume that it's King Ghidorah, but it was straight up confirmed to be Orochi by the man himself. Adding Steel would defy that original intention.

We need more viable Dark types for the sake of diversity. Dark is an amazing offensive type, but there's very little that can properly utilize it.

Not to mention that, while yes Fairies are an issue, it's middling stat spread is a bigger problem. Even if it had no way to deal with Fairies, simply improving its stats would still see its usage rocket. Like you mentioned, Fairies' high special bulk is usually the source of the trouble-- but with a mega, introducing even more potent attacking prowess would go a long way to reduce this issue. All it really needs is to be able to reliably 2HKO any fairy with Flash cannon, and it's good to go.
>>
Well what else could it be if it's not the stats, and not the ability?

do you even logical reasoning?
>>
Just run him bulky, he's really good at taking special hits.

Pick a speed benchmark you want to hit, max your HP and dump the rest into special attack. Add a Modest nature and you've got a hard hitting bulky pivot. I use him to shit on Rotom and it's amazing.
>>
File: tmp_9460-36361330-77265483.jpg (152 KB, 850x600) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9460-36361330-77265483.jpg
152 KB, 850x600
>>25564443
Because it gets bullied by its wife a lot
>>
>>25566356
I like to imagine Hydreigon as the girl
>>
>>25564443
Hydreigon's role isn't really to tank hits, being weak to U-turn, Close Combat/Drain Punch, Outrage, and many other super common moves isn't gonna make him survive much.

Hydreigon's main usefulness is being an absolute nuke with that 125 special attack draco meteor. Slap that thing with a Choice Specs and Draco Meteor is OHKO'ing everything that's not steel or fairy.
>>
give it sludge bomb
>>
>>25564483
Exactly s/he makes as a great choice scarfer.
>>
>>25566389
Draco meteor actually fucks with it's bulk. You are assigning it the role of nuke, bomb once and done, and you said that explosion can be resisted, typically with a decent switch in. Choice scarf dragon pulse allows you to two hit just about anything even those resists while not committing you to diminishing gains. Even if you aren't choice scarfed -2 fire blast, earth power, flash canon, or dark pulse are pretty lame. Also with out the choice scarf you will be the one getting two hit koed.
>>
File: 38384648_big_p1.png (315 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
38384648_big_p1.png
315 KB, 1000x750
>>25566361
good taste senpai
>>
>>25566397
It alreadu has flash cannon, azu is pretty much the only mon that suffers a lot more from the sludge than the cannon.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.