[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why im not excited about Sun and Moon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
Well first of all: i will buy the game and im happy that they announced anything but i cant help but feel underwhelmed as of now

>GF worked 3 and a half years on XY and the game feels severly unfinished, the post game is piss poor
>ORAS was just a remake and yet they still couldnt include any better postgame (though it is slightly better than XY), they couldnt even recreate the damn BF
>GF completely ignores fixing gen 6, skipps Z and creates the first anime exclusive forms

On top of that you have Masuda who say that people wouldnt enjoy the challenge, Sugimori who says they want to simplify gen 7 and we have tons of side games coming out so GF wont even try with postgame or challenge since they dont want you to ignore all the side stuff.

Lets face it GF dont care about making good games anymore, they just care about sales
>>
Shove a thumb up your booty pipe and fuck off you fag. Can't even appreciate that after 20 years, GF is still giving us new games instead of dying off years ago.
>>
File: 1365025175607.jpg (160 KB, 641x720) Image search: [Google]
1365025175607.jpg
160 KB, 641x720
>GF is doing something actually new instead of just rehashing an old game and keeping 95% of the same content
>this means they don't care about making good games anymore

people who want MORE of Emerald/Platinum esque games are retards.
>>
Nice blog, faggot. How do I subscribe?
>>
>>25564345
This. Especially considering how much worse Emerald and Platinum sold than Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl, respectively.
>>
>>25564300
>oras bad postgame meme
>the game where you fly into space on m-rayquaza to fight deoxys
>the game where you fly around the entire region on m-lati@s collecting various regional legendaries

Sure, it doesn't have BF and that's not even really excusable, but the post-game was solid even without that.
>>
>>25564342
>>25564345
>>25564347
>>25564354
The same board who cried for over two years who shit Pokemon has become now are happily waiting for more shit with open arms.

Cant wait to see the shitstormss week after Sun and moon are released and hear how Pokemon "died" again
>>
>>25564366
Are you under the impression /vp/ is all one person? There's always going to be people bitching about anything that comes out. The people who bitch are just the loudest. They're not always the same anons.
>>
I'm a little concerned with the direction they took with gen 6. X/Y was fun mainly because of PSS and the new graphics, and it had a lot of new things. But they went backwards with a lot of things (like not giving a shit about the exp curve, literally handing you everything like legendaries, bland as fuck characters and story).

On the other hand, I'm pretty interested in what new things they'll come up with. And since Gen 5 and 7 are the only "second gen of their platforms", it makes me think it'll have a lot of effort put into it.

Also, it's a bit understandable that X/Y were a bit barebones since they were getting used to new hardware and the shift to 3D models.

That being said, if S/M turn out to be shit, I'll probably be done with pokemon for at least a couple years.
>>
>>25564300
>GF worked 3 and a half years on XY and the game feels severly unfinished
That was the initial jump to 3D though. They have to make all the models
>>
>>25564300
You're right. They should have made a full price 3rd version that reuses 95% of its content then a completely original pair of games.
>>
>>25564345
Oh, so people who LOVED RS and DP are the way to go? Have you even tried replaying those nightmares, you cunt?
>>
File: 1457669815214.gif (497 KB, 302x200) Image search: [Google]
1457669815214.gif
497 KB, 302x200
>all the shitty opinions in this thread
>>
>>25564727
BW were good though. It did broke out of a lot of the usual pokemon conventions and felt unique. Generally the only complaints people have about it is that it forces you to use Unova mons until post game (which is subjective) and the Region is linear (which all pokemon games are to some degree).

Also, it could just be that the first games on a new platform always suck, not a new gen.
>>
>Why im not excited about Sun and Moon
Just link us your tumblr blog next time faggot
>>
>>25564300
>and creates the first anime exclusive forms
Kill yourself.
>>
>>25564771
I don't know why he used plural, but Greninjash definitely is since there's no Ash in the games.
>>
>Well first of all: i will buy the game

And here is why you will never see any positive improvment. Why the fuck would they spend more time and money putting content into the game and improving it when they STILL GET YOUR MONEY?

Your blog posts on a taiwanese basket weaving forum isn't going to change how they make the game, but not having your money fucking will. Seriously, have a backbone. Or if anything buy it used.
>>
>>25564800
The problem is little to no communication between company and consumer. At the current point, if SuMo doesn't sell well, they'll assume that we don't want Pokémon games anymore and just stop releasing them here.
>>
>>25564300
You're so full of shit. Did you even play OR/AS's postgame. This is such an empty accusation it can't even be called that.
>>25564366
Hi welcome to 4chan
>>
>>25564821
One major part of ORAS postgame is great for new players or those who haven't played in a long time, but not for long-time veterans.

Yes, I'm talking about the Legendary hunt thing.
>>
>>25564779
and that's a good thing
>wanting that abomination in the games
>>
>>25564830
I was refurring to Episode Delta
>>
>>25564676
Yeah, Gen 6 was a real mixed bag.

A lot of the convenience and competitive features were great. Mixed it up with Mega's, refined the IV and EV system a shit ton (still needs work but its a step in the right direction), made shinies a touch easier to get, and ORAS gave us a lot of cool features that I think should be fucking mandatory (pretty much everything in the Pokenav, Dexnav in particular), EXP share as a post-game option being god tier. It made the post game and competitive arena much, much better.

But on the other hand, the stories in both games are the weakest theyve ever been, and actually playing through the game was a chore. No challenge. No sense of adventure. Weak characters.

For everything they did right, they did something wrong. I hope they recognize and fix their mistakes. We'll see though. At the very least, there's a good sign that GF is shaking free of that predictable, stale slump theyve been in since Gen 3.
>>
>>25564366
you do realize this exact thing happens every new gen right?

fucking newfag
>>
I dont know but i feel if tehy wont address Kalos and Zygarde in Sun and Moon it'll mean GF just doesnt care about their own mistakes and they just pretend it never existed.

Its fine to surprise people but it sucks when you do the surprise to cover how hard you fucked up.

What also bugs me is the fact that if Sun and Moon is bad/underwhelming then it will stay that way. No more fixes. Just moving on
>>
>>25564914
Not to this extension, specially since no other generation just skipped the last game
>>
>>25564843
Character customization was one of the features I enjoyed immensely. Even playing as a Male, I can't say it wasn't one of my favorite features of X/Y.

And Lumiose city, while confusing and having a crappy camera, was just a fun city to be in and explore. I like how I'd get lost and end up having to open up a map on my computer to find my way.

ORAS did really well showing off what they could do with the cinematics and character expressions. Makes me excited and hoping for a good story in S/M so they could show us that stuff again, even more polished.
>>
XY took 3 years because they had the 3D modeles to do, they started from nothing

they're not starting from nothing for Sun and Moon
that's why i'm confident the years they needed to make it were worth it
>>
>>25564704
>That was the initial jump to 3D though. They have to make all the models

Are you sure we're not gonna get new or at least updated models siince its a new gen? Besides GF was helping out Niantic in creating Pokemon GO (yes GF is involved) so they haave another excuse to fuck up Sun Moon :^)
>>
>>25564943
This.

>>25564952
This also.
>>
>>25564300
>GF dont care about making good games anymore
they never did
>>
>>25564952
>>25564967
They had 3d models ready long before XY launch, remember Pokedex 3D pro?

It wwas released in June 2012, working on models isnt any excuse for anything
>>
>>25564943
Yeah, I agree. Character customization is one of those features that should be in every game. I can't understand why it's not.

Pokemon, especially as of late, is trying to put more emphasis on characters and their reationship to pokemon. Earlier gens the spectacle of the pokemon themselves was enough, but now the pokemon-human relationship is just as important. They even stated that was part of where Mega's came in. AND, as we all know, the protag in pokemon games are meant to be a vessel where we project ourselves.

So why customization isn't commonplace by now is beyond me. Extensive, too, we should be able to change our builds and styles vastly.

I'm really genuinely afraid that GF will use that aspie fucking reasoning of "hurr france is about fashion so we wanted our game to be unique instead of using it as a stepping stone to improve the franchise as a whole :) "
>>
>>25564800
GF never fucking listens, you idiot. Go on hunger strike and you will die for all they care. If they listen to a fanbase, it's only the japa who matter
>>
>>25564300
Just hack your 3DS and stop giving Jewfreak money for unfinished games. Voting with your wallet will get the point across much better than bitching about it on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>25565215
Refer back to >>25564817
>>
>>25564800
If nobody buys the game, Game freak will just brankrupt and we won't see any more pokémon Games ever.
Anon, do you even Economy?
>>
>>25565248
That only happens if the developer in question is owned by some "big name" western company like EA which don't have any qualms about closing studios if the profit margin isn't high enough.

Stuff like this generally doesn't happen with Nintendo games. When Fire Emblem was about to be canned due to poor sales IS was given one last chance to revitalise the series and they mostly succeeded.
>>
>>25564756
>BW were good though.
>>
>>25564300
>GF completely ignores fixing gen 6, skipps Z and creates the first anime exclusive forms

this is a good thing, Kalos was shit and couldn't be fixed in one game, those "forms" were closer to dogshit than anything I'd want in a pokemon game
>>
>>25564300
>creates the first anime exclusive forms
Zygarde forms are neither anime exclusive nor the first of those. Ash-Greninja is also not the first anime-exclusive form.

The first anime exclusive forms date as far back as OS.
>>
>>25564300
now now, let's not get too hasty here anon. Have you played with the idea that Sun Moon will be "Z" in a way? If the new region gets connected with Kalos, that could certainly happen.
In fact, it's what I'd be banking on if I was betting money
>>
>>25565326
This. And I hope S/M don't revisit Zygarde or Kalos, they fucked up hopefully they move past it
>>
>>25564345
>>25564727
>>25564354
Nah, it's people that loved both BW1 and BW2

But keep pretending to be retarded.

I wouldn't be excited because GFs track record has more bad than good. I'll be excited AFTER a good game came out for the next game. But until then I'll have to wait for fangames to make the experience more enjoyable. Though fangames have really limited testers, I ran into a contrary seperior wielder that kept using coil because I picked tepig in my Volt White. This would easily be fixable but the point is that fangames just don't have the amount of testing a normal pokemon game does.

Also how do I improve the fucking AI? Is there literally no way?
>>
>>25564800
I didn't buy ORAS and while it might just be a dent, they are losing sales they DO care about getting
>>
>>25564953
>>25564704
Pokedex 3D had all the 3d models. Fuck off.
Pokemon Stadium, Colloseum, GoD, Battle Revolution etc had all the 3d models.
This isn't an excuse and never has been.
In fact, BW1 would've taken more work, they'd have to make moving fucking sprites for all 650+ mon.
>>
>>25565463
Crystal Onix? or notchy-ear pichu? because pichu got in.
>>
File: image.png (169 KB, 333x429) Image search: [Google]
image.png
169 KB, 333x429
>>25564300
No challenge is good game.
>>
File: 1399853096294.png (364 KB, 554x422) Image search: [Google]
1399853096294.png
364 KB, 554x422
>There are people who thinks the Zygarde forms are Anime Exclusive dispite appearing in Trading Cards and spin-off titles.
>>
zygarde's forms anime exclusive AHAHAHAHAA

Cunt
>>
>>25565512
>notchy-ear pichu
Its in HGSS as well
>>
>>25565805
I know
>>
>>25565505
>games not made by GF
Fuck off.
>>
>>25565834
>moving goal posts
>not realizing this actually makes your point even less valid
If small companies can do it with not even 1% of the budget GF has. GF can do it
>>
>>25564345
This.

I can still hope for a new region, with new pokemon AND a postgame.
I don't need gen 6 to be redeemed or what ever.
>>
>>25565720
>source: my uncle at gamefreak
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.