[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Everyone says X/Y are piss-easy >I thought it was harder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
File: NGGGHYYAA!.jpg (407 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
NGGGHYYAA!.jpg
407 KB, 1000x1000
>Everyone says X/Y are piss-easy
>I thought it was harder than Black

I lost to the gym leader with the fossil Pokemon and got roughed up by the E4/Diantha badly. I used probably about 20 or so revives/hyper potions. Team was Delphox/Diggersby/Florges/Talonflame/Chesnaught/Dragalge.

Did anyone else feel this way? A-Am I a scrub?
>>
>>25563434
Image sausage please.
>>
How the fuck did you lose a single pokemon?
You should have been at least 10 levels higher than everything.

I bullet punched through 90% of the game with scizor.
>>
>>25563447
You cant even get scyther until after the 8th gym
>>
>>25563434
Dude XY was Pokemon on easy-mode. I mean, Pokemon itself is a game children can beat, but XY was just obscene. It was boring to me how easy it was. Maybe it was harder for you since you intentionally only used new Pokemon on your team, whereas I always use stuff like Gengar and Gyarados every game. I know for sure I used Garchomp to get through Y the first time.
>>
>>25563434
If you turned on exp share then it was piss easy and you were over-levelled. If you didn't turn it on then it would have been as difficult as every other Pokemon game (i.e. not very difficult if you know basic type match-ups).
>>
>>25563460
i wonder traded my starter away and got a level 3 scyther at the start of the game
>>
No you probably just played the game the right way.
>>
different anon but in Alpha Sapphire I got wiped out by Steven post-Delta episode. My Pokémon were in the 60's/70's but his Metagross wiped wreck everything in my team.
>>
>>25563477
This excuse again...
The fact that you have to intentionally gimp yourself to bring the difficulty back to a normal pokemon level is in itself bullshit. You are handed a mega stone with the corresponding pokemon before the 5th gym. "Oh great GF. Take all the challenge away!" Your "rivals" are less competent than anime Team Rocket. One wants to be a dancer, one wants to be your cock sleeve, one is a decoration, and the "real rival" less confidence than a wall flower on prom night. She doesn't even get a mega until post game, whereas you get one before having a majority of the badges. You never have to worry about money because it's thrown at you like candy, so the player can just up and buy maximux everything and never lose a battle because losing makes the player feel bad and GF doesn't want that. Gen 6 is the worst generation and I can't wait for it to end. Hopefully the next one won't be complete shit. Of course it's Game Freak, so it probably will be...
>>
>>25563434
It wasn't any more difficult than the previous few games.

If you used Exp. Share it was very easy. People also tend to forget how easy the event Torchic made things since it leveled up so fast. It was so fast that it actually disobeyed me during the second gym leader battle.
>>
>>25563701
Considering the EXP Share is not the norm if anything using it is a boost rather than not using it being a gimp.

>you never have to worry about money because it's thrown at you like candy

No more than the others, unless you grind the restaurants and such.
>>
File: 1431930422663.jpg (46 KB, 615x464) Image search: [Google]
1431930422663.jpg
46 KB, 615x464
>>25563434
>I used probably about 20 or so revives/hyper potions.
>using items at all
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>25563478
So you were getting trade-boosted exp?

Epic.
>>
>>25563701

I can give you all of that except "gimping" yourself, because if you find a playstyle unfun you just don't need to do it.

Its only gimping yourself when you do crap like mono type or nuzlocke runs. Meanwhile, the exp share was clearly designed with an off switch for players who didn't want to abuse it.
If a kid wants to keep it on all game and ruin the difficulty, more power to them but I often forgot it was there. Loved how it was handled because unlike all the other things on that list it was 100% optional.
By the same logic you'd be gimping yourself by not playing on easy on every single game that offered it.
>>
>>25563796

Yeah, probably made all the difference among the experience share boosted xp and the "I ate a fuckton of macaroons" boosted xp, while being handed a bunch of starters and mega evolutions.

If GF wants to go down that path, they should at least include an intermediate mode. If you're going to recognize that your franchise is 20 years old, maybe recognize that someone over the age of 8 might play your games.
>>
Honestly the only hard fights are Grant if you don't have something with good fighting/ground/steel moves and Korrina's double Lucario
>>
>>25563835

I blame the ease of wifi trading. They should do away with the trade boosted exp because things like the exp share and the like are enough. I'd kind of like to trade for a mon I like early game and not have to deal with it being over leveled.
>>
>>25563861
>intermediate mode

You mean turning the EXP share off?
If turning it on is easy mode, then turning it off should logically be "slightly harder"mode
>>
I thought the fossil gym was a bit hard. my "whatever comes after fennekin" and raichu were taken down easily, yet my seviper stayed put
>>
>>25563907

If you use in-game mons its about your standard mid game gym leader battle.

I find it bizarre that people who import mons with egg moves/grow faster complain about things like the exp share when move balance and trade boosted exp are far more detrimental to game difficulty.
>>
>>25563701
>The fact that you have to intentionally gimp yourself to bring the difficulty back to a normal pokemon level is in itself bullshit.
That's like arguing that not using legendaries is intentionally gimping yourself. Pokemon has always been a series which gives you options in how you play the game. It's not like other RPGs where you're expected to get the best armour/weapons in the game to 100% it. You can use whatever team you like out of a selection of over 700.

And while the rivals are shitty, the rivals have been shit since gen 3 (I guess Barry wasn't too bad but he still sucked your dick a little too much).

Besides, the new Exp Share is great for EV training multiple Pokemon at once. I'd happily take this new version over the old one if you're able to disable it when you don't need it.
>>
I know it sounds like magic to most but if you just turn off the exp share and dont grind at all, just beat the trainers then the game is really hard.

XY is the hardest game to nuzlocke (without exp share OBVIOUSLY)
>>
File: muh bros.png (80 KB, 656x401) Image search: [Google]
muh bros.png
80 KB, 656x401
>>25563434
My Pokémon team was at about 75 each for the Champion battle, except the Farfetch'd which was Level 85 because I grabbed the in-game trade one named Quacklin'. Biggest steamroll I've ever had in the series.
>>
>>25564081
Are you proud you used the exp share
>>
>>25563434

Without using Amie/XPshare/LuckyEgg you get outleveled quickly in XY and there were times where I almost wiped, especially them damn blackbelts/veterans. By the time I got to Victory Road, my team was only around the high 40's or low 50's in level while i was facing pokemon in the low-mid 60's, though I curbstomped the E4 and Champion, even though they had a good 12-16 levels on me (probably because my team was very unbalanced for the trainers, but oddly good enough for the E4)
>>
>>25564095
No, I'm disappointed. I went in blind and didn't know it was going to completely destroy any semblance of challenge.
>>
>>25563434
It's easy IF you use the exp. all item the whole time. I kept it off and actually had a bit of a hard time in the ice caves. Sky trainer battles were also pretty hard since I only had one eligeble Pokemon
>>
Black/White were ridiculous early on, but became very easy around half way in and only got easier from there.

X/Y have like... nothing challenging in them, through the entire game. Diantha is more pathetic than any Elite 4 member, and she's the Champion. Even being under-leveled you have a huge advantage because all of her Pokemon except Goodra are shit, and even Goodra isn't anything scary. The bitch uses a fucking Aurorus.
>>
>>25564113
>Diantha is more pathetic than any Elite 4 member, and she's the Champion

Anon pls. Her gardevoir can be a nightmare if you dont have a good mon for her, just like Cynhtia's Garchomp can be super challenging or die to an ice shard if you have it
>>
>>25563434
Why is Shinx so lewd?
>>
>>25564081
>75

Nigger what? I'm OP and my mons were in their mid-50s. I rarely avoided trainers too.
>>
>>25564197
Amie, Exp. Share, and Exp. from catching Pokémon. Like I said, I went in blind and didn't know having fun with Amie or catching whatever I run into like I do in every game was going to break it so utterly.
>>
>>25563434
>Did anyone else feel this way? A-Am I a scrub?
For the love of God, of course you are. Losing even a single Pokémon in that whole game means you're either blind, dumb, both or simply legitimately retarted. I hope you're just baiting, or you should really consider suicide
>>
>>25563477
>If you didn't turn it on then it would have been as difficult as every other Pokemon game
Bullshit. Have you even tried to play XY turning the exp share off? It still comes way easier than previous Pokémon games. And please stop this "exp share IS the difficulty setting" meme: it is ludicrous
>>
>>25563979
>XY is the hardest game to nuzlocke
My X nuzlocke team was Chesnaught, Furfrou, Wormadam Ground, Swoobat, Exploud, Golem. I only lost a Spewpa and a Fletchling to crits during the early game, and it all went smoothly after that, obviously with no exp share. Wormadam and Swoobat, got it? They also had a fucked up nature.

X is easy as fuck, stop bullshitting.
>>
>>25564157
Yeah, but that's it. So what? She is now a great champion because fights you with a single 'mon that might kill a pair of yours out of the bunch?
>>
I used only mons I caught ingame and switched Exp-Share on and off multiple times
Ended up around Lv 60, difficulty was that of any other Pokemongame
>using non.Kalos mons on your first run
>getting Amie-Boosts
Dream Drop Distance did it better, I had more fun with it - that's why I basically ignored Amie
>>
>>25563434
...i'll take the 0/10 bait here....

if we're all honest with ourselves, the story modes for all of the games are easy as fuck, especially with the introduction of pokemon bank. once you learn the gym types and what pokemon the e4 and champ are using, you just breed accordingly on another game, transfer, and just cruise through the story mode getting exp boosts.
>>
>>25564670
It's actually way harder than the other games if you start with a 6 pokémon team.

Enjoy getting underleveld and sweeped.
>>
>>25563789

ebin
>>
Actually I had a similar experience OP, but maybe I am a scrub as well

But then again I didn't do super training or use amie at all aside turning off the exp. share, so maybe that played a part in it.

It's not that XY are harder than the other games, but I guess it has more variety. Usually I can just slap one pokemon in the front of the party and run with it until it's on the level I want, after which point I put on the next one. XY seemed to have a bigger type variety around so I'd end up getting suckered into a KO
>>
>>25563590
Post-game ORAS league was great
>>
>>25564216
Why didn't you turn off exp share when you noticed your Pokémon were starting to get overleveled?
>>
>>25563434
>I lost to the gym leader with the fossil Pokemon.
This and possibly the first gym leader are the only parts I can understand people having trouble with. The rest of the game is depressingly easy.
>Going through the Power Plant
>Fight a whole bunch of Flare Grunts and then an Admin, about to fight the scientist
>"Shit with all this build up she's going to be a pain in the ass"
>She has a Mightyena and nothing else
At this point I knew the game had already hit the peak of its difficulty back at the second gym and it was never going to be that good again.
>>
>>25563434
I did a monotype fire run, without using items in battle. It was too fucking easy
>>
>>25563478
So how did you evolve it? Is it still metal coat trade?
>someone actually gave it back
>>
>>25564113
The only thing that made BW hard was the fact that you got nothing but shitmon until like the 6th gym.
>>
>>25563434
I didn't use Exp Share on my first run and I had a blast, even though most of the Pokemon I picked for that playthrough were pain in the ass to raise (especially Pyroar and Heliolisk). My most challenging battle was probably with the Inverse trainer, not only because of the sheer mind fuckery but also because he run Maisons sets complete with EVs and items.
>>
>>25563447
Not everyone is a faggot like you who'll activate exp share and then complain about the game being easy
>>
>>25563701
Not using the EXP share isn't gimping, it's playing the game normally.
>>
>>25564739
>using non.Kalos mons on your first run

Maybe it wouldnt happen if lazy ass GF had created more new mon instead of filling Kalos with older gens
It would also have given Kalos an identity

Always hated when a region is full of mon from another generation (anime included, Kanto BF season felt retarded as fuck).
>>
>>25565929
>Always hated when a region is full of mon from another generation
This was one of my biggest gripes with XY. It made the game feel like a romhack.
>>
XY is not easy because you can easy over level. It's easy because trainers have less Pokemon and less (and shit) moves.

I restarted my XY file because it was so easy and I got bored. Played without the Exp Share and it was still easy (I was playing Emerald and Platinum at the time and they were harder) Same with ORAS
>>
File: unlimited power.jpg (159 KB, 791x613) Image search: [Google]
unlimited power.jpg
159 KB, 791x613
>>25565983
This
I miss when trainers had great movesets
>>
>>25566039
>Leer and Tail Whip
I know people like to point out Ember and Exeggutor having three moves but this is what bothers me the most
>>
>>25563434

Yeah, you're bad.
>>
>>25565863

>thinking the EXP share makes a difference

The game is still easy. Also I don't understand this notion that people should have to handicap themselves to make X/Y more difficult. If the games still easy like X/Y then it's not on us.
>>
>>25566078
Personally, Roar triggers me the most (given how it worked in gen 1)
>>
>>25563463
>not using new pokemon every generation
>using the same pokemon every generation
>using very powerful pokemon that you've used many times before instead of trying something new
No fucking wonder you steamrolled the game if you used Gengar, Gyarados and Garchomp.
>>
>>25563866
>have Drifblim
>Lucarios just spam Metal Sound until they die
Ghost Dad MVP
>>
>>25565654
Because I didn't know what "overlevelled" was for this game? I didn't know whether the game had a wonky level curve like GSC, it might have shot up. I probably noticed toward the tail end but by then it was too late and the damage was done.
>>
>>25565554
Dude, I played the fucking game both times with the Exp share off and it was easy as pie. I really don't understand how you can manage to suck at this.
>>
>>25565554
I just nuzlocked Y with exp share off and it was the most ridiculously easy nuzlocke i've ever played
>>
>>25565943
Thank fucking God someone that shares this feeling. My first ecounter ever in X was a fucking Pidgey. It really felt like a damn "all mons packed in one regione" shitty romhack, especially after BW where every first encounter in a route is potentially new. That was great IMO, but then again I didn't find many people with this same view, so maybe I'm the weird one here.

Still, that feeling about XY was really depressing
>>
>>25567215
How many deaths?
>>
>>25565929
>>25565943
>>25567259
Expect this shit to happen on a regular basis now
GF wants to slow down the increase in number of pokemon
SM will probably be the same as XY on that regard, and so on for the following generations
>>
If you don't use the exp share at all, the level curve will get a bit ahead of you. That makes things a bit more difficult. I prefer it that way, personally.
>>
>>25567293
Great. We need to kill Masuda and Sugimori then. Or ourselves.
>>
>>25567303
I did this and by the time I beat the elite four I had a team of level 55s.

It was still easy due to mega abuse, but closer to RBY's level of difficulty. If I didn't use megas I'd probably find it to be as hard as Emerald.
>>
>>25563447
That 90% of the game that came after the 6th badge.
1. You can't get metal coat until Laverre in the Pokeball factory.
2. You can't tutor Bullet Punch onto Scizor until Dendemille, after your 6th badge from Laverre's Fairy gym.
3. If using EXP Share and a traded Pokemon made your game easy, then you are the most scrub little bitch that has ever scrubbed.
>>
>>25567259
Believe it or not, that first pidgey encounter is scripted. It will always be the first pokemon you encounter when you go into the route for the first time.
>>
>>25563701
>The fact that you have to intentionally gimp yourself
Except it's not gimping yourself is it. If you consider it as such by the same logic using the exp share is self inflicted ease.

The reality is that you're playing pokemon, there's no such thing as gimping because you tailor your gameplay yourself, that's the largest point of the game and it's always been easy since day one, hell it was considerably easier in gen one due to the broken and terrible mechanics like the special stat.
>>
>>25567303
I didn't use any megas either. I don't like to use pokemon that are on par with legendaries in strength, so the only mega I've used is a mega sableye in alpha sapphire
>>
>>25563939
>And while the rivals are shitty, the rivals have been shit since gen 3
>implying gen 3 and 4 didn't have the best rivals
Blue was shit and Silver was edgy.
>>
>>25567481
>it was considerably easier in gen one
lel tip kok
>>
>>25567522

He's right, between all the ridiculously broken shit and how utterly terrible the AI was, Gen 1 is a joke for anybody except the young children who first played it back in the day.
>>
>>25567522
>implying it isn't the easiest game
Ai always repeats useless moves.
The movesets are the worst just look at blue
The e4 are a joke that you can sweep with just butterfree and parasect, early route shitmon.
You can finish the entire game in three hours.

It's impossible for anyone to find it hard.
>>
X was the first game where I got bored and stopped playing halfway through. I haven't considered buying any Pokemon games again since so congrats, GF.
>>
>>25567545
>>25567557
I mean, it's pretty clear that's a troll post you're replying to. At least I thought it was. But maybe it isn't.
>>
File: okabe fire2.jpg (202 KB, 1336x768) Image search: [Google]
okabe fire2.jpg
202 KB, 1336x768
>tfw sweeped the champion just with Dunsparce's Strength and Drill Run
>>
>>25567621
You'd think so but there are people who think it's actually hard solely because it's the first game.
>>
>>25567577
This happened to me during Black (boring/bland region, shitty new pokemon design...)
I stopped mid-playthrough and abandoned pokemon for a while
Then I bought Y and it made me love pokemon again
>>
>>25567259
>>25565929
>>25565943

I also hate this shit. I try to make my teams region exclusive, but that shit was basically impossible in Gen IV. It also hurt my autism that there are Gen 2 mons in GSC that only appear in Kanto. Especially Houndour, because there's a serious lack of good Dark AND Fire types in those games.
>>
I nuzlocked it, and had like 2 deaths, which were pretty much bad luck.
>>
>>25567450
This was stupid too.
If they were going to make the first encounter scripted anyway, it should've at least been a Fletchling or a Bunnelby or something. Showcase the new Pokémon. Don't just use the same bird that almost every player has seen already.
>>
>>25567215
really?

I did the same and got absolutely rekt by this random trainer's hawlucha.

he killed 3 mons.
>>
>>25567259
I don't necessarily agree, but I certainly understand you.

Must be very frustrating to have previous gen mons shoved in your face if you want to try out the new ones.
>>
I personally don't mind that they're introducing less Pokemon in newer generations. There's already a huge number of Pokemon and I'd prefer a smaller number of good designs as opposed to lots of poorly-designed dex filler. Maybe they could use the free time they get from not designing Pokemon to make other parts of the game better.
>>
>>25567450
What?! Are you... is this real life? My God, now I AM triggered. How fucking much did they intend to pander to genwunners? Heck, my first game was Red and my first encounter ever was indeed a Pidgey, but seeing it again almost fifteen years later doesn't make me relieve the moment. It just pisses me off. Fuck, I want the name of the faggot at GF who thought this was a good idea. I need to picture myself punching his face.

>inb4 being this mad over a children game
Yeah, fuck you too
>>
>>25567450
It didn't even had a mega in XY. What the fuck were they thinking? This is beyond stupid even by GF standards
>>
>>25563701
To be fair money is thrown at you like candy because clothes are so expensive. Money went back to normal in ORAS
>>
>>25568435
>Fuck, I want the name of the faggot at GF who thought this was a good idea.

Junichi "haha we don't really know" Masuda
>>
File: Doc-Rivers.gif (1 MB, 213x210) Image search: [Google]
Doc-Rivers.gif
1 MB, 213x210
>>25567450
> that first pidgey encounter is scripted

Are you fucking serious? FFS.

GAAAAMMMMEEEEFFREEAAAKKKKKK!!!!
>>
File: colress.gif (31 KB, 277x200) Image search: [Google]
colress.gif
31 KB, 277x200
>>25567450
>Believe it or not, that first pidgey encounter is scripted.
T-this is bullshit, right?
>>
File: 128837387219287.jpg (31 KB, 434x393) Image search: [Google]
128837387219287.jpg
31 KB, 434x393
>>25567450
>>25570935
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kalos_Route_2
>The first Pokémon encountered on this route is always a level 3 Pidgey with Keen Eye, in the second row of tall grass north into the route.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.