[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I literally thought people were joking when they said fairy type...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
I literally thought people were joking when they said fairy type... What have they done to you my old friend...
>>
>>25563208
More likely than not, they've improved its ability in battle. Your image is wrong, though. Several of those aren't actually fairies in spite of how much sense it might or might not make.

This includes at least two actual fairies.
>>
>>25563208
Fuck off.
>>
>>25563221
16 by my count
>>
>>25563208
I don't really see why chimecho should keep its psychic typing

they should've made it pure fairy but didn't
>>
I'm glad Chimecho and Meloetta didn't become Fairy types. They're more of Sound types in disguise than gay ass fairies.
>>
>>25563208
I suspect the reason several of these didn't get Fairy was purely for balance purposes.
>>
>>25563262
I'm sorry, they're WHAT types disguised as fairy types?
>>
>>25563208
The image is inaccurate.
>>
>>25563261
if anything chimecho should just be normal type. I get that the soothing effect of a bellchime kind of resonated with psychic, but normal with access to a few psychic moves would've been acceptable, and STAB uproar would've only been sensible. It doesn't even learn any fair moves, though you'd think it ought to have Disarming voice is absolutely nothing else, though Crafty Shield, Charm, Dazzling Gleam, Fairy Wind, Moonlight and Moonblast all would've been acceptable too.
>>
>>25563208
I have no idea why the fuck Gardevoir is Fairy type besides making it better in the meta.
>>
>>25563283
Ampharos line,Bellossom, Lilligant line, Shaymin, Meloetta, Chimeco line made no sense as fairies anyway
>>
>>25563320
I wish gamefreak was consistent with this shit

If you want to make fairy the cute and gay type, fine

if you want to make fairy the mystical folklore type, fine

don't half ass it by doing some of one and some of the other
>>
>>25563320
It appears very angelic and elf-like on the ears at least. Ralts and Kirlia on the other hand never should've been fairies. Kirlia would've gain two different secondary types from each of it's evolutions, but NOPE.
>>
>>25563363
The real question is why this type called Fairy and not just Magic allowing you to make up a number of creative designs for pokemon and not just HURR DURR ITS CUTE AND PINK.

Gamefreak fucked up not making this the Magic type.
>>
>>25563385
Maybe it's to appeal to girls?

I don't think Pokemon has a big female demographic except for the OMG PICACHU IS SO KAWAIIIII :333 <3 type girls that wear Pokemon backpacks who would probably eat this fairy type shit up.

Am I wrong?
>>
>>25563408
Well its problematic because fairies isnt that broad of a group its almost as stupid as making a type for A SPECIFIC KIND OF FLYING REPTILE BECAUSE HURR DURR DRAGONS ARE COOL AND SHIT.
>>
>>25563408
I always assumed they already had that market with stuff like Eevee and baby Pokemon.
>>
>>25563380
Everything about Gard is psychic as the dex entries are just glimpses into its insane psychokinetic power to collapse the fabric of time and space into a black hole where as Kirlia can distory reality. Nothing LE PINK SPARKLES AND STUFF here at all.
>>
>>25563408
Youre very wrong. about 40% of pokemon players are girls, meaning a larger % of the fanbase is female than it is over 18.

And most females dont care that much about Pikachu, they tend to prefer Eevee, Raichu, or furbait
>>
File: 05l.jpg (41 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
05l.jpg
41 KB, 512x384
>>25563448
Do you have a source. I just briefly looked for one and couldn't find it.

When I was a kid in elementary school. Literally zero girls played Pokemon.
>>
>>25563243
I meant that at least two of the Pokémon in that image are literally fairies, but are not Fairy type.
>>
>>25563441
Nothing about Venusaur's dex entries are associated with poisonous toxins either. Your point?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.