[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No more free nuggets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: nugget-bridge.png (1017 B, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
nugget-bridge.png
1017 B, 160x144
They fixed the nugget bridge exploit but left in shit like mew glitch? Wtf is the logic behind that?
>>
>>25560948
So you can actually catch mew
>>
>>25560948
The mew Glitch has to do with the very engine of the game. It would require much more than changing a single event - which is all it took to fix the nugget bridge.
>>
>>25560948
It was never in the original game; Firered and Leafgreen had it.
If you loose to the rocket that gives you the nugget, he just disappears.
>>
>>25560948
Has the rom been extracted?
>>
>>25561183
The ROM has been extracted for a while. The ROM itself is untouched, however, the changes in the game are in a patch file built in to the VC emulator.
>>
>>25560948
They didn't fix shit
>>
>>25560948
>nugget bridge exploit
Red pill me on this. I knew about the Missingno stuff vaguely and the mew glitch for cool easy legendaries, but not this one.
>>
>>25562723
Nevermind, did my research.
>shitters lost to the grunts
>now they could jewmode the game for easy items
It's a good thing they got rid of this.
>>
You can still take your one nugget and mew glitch up a missingno on the S.S.Anne to dupe them.
>>
>>25563639
They could even do it as early as Misty. Her Starmie's special stat can trigger Missingno appearing via Mew trick.
This pretty much renders the nugget glitch to be redundant, if not outright useless.
>>
I'm not sure if this is a Yellow thing or a VC thing, but they also fixed the phantom PC in the Celadon Hotel.
>>
>>25560948
What exploit?
>>
I feel like they changed a few things very subtly. For one, it seems that the overall rate of encounters has gone down.
>>
>>25562759
While I agree its a crappy thing to do, why was removing it a good thing? The game is literally locked to single player(local wireless aside) and they're hurting no experience but their own.
>>
File: pongemon.webm (2 MB, 532x480) Image search: [Google]
pongemon.webm
2 MB, 532x480
Can you still do the really game breaking shit like fusing pokemon together with Q / Charizard 'M, or arbitrary code execution?
>>
I know some stuff was fixed in yellow but what exactly? I managed to do the new glitch but if I could have done missingno too then I'm kind of upset because I missed my chance.
>>
File: jynxvc.png (17 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
jynxvc.png
17 KB, 160x144
>>25564047
Yes.

>>25564068
Yellow fixed the Cinnabar Island and other water tiles so that they don't load any encounters. You can still encounter Missingno. using the Mew glitch, but Yellow Missingno. is way more unstable and most of the time the game softlocks upon encountering it.
If you're talking about the VC release, afaik all they did was make Jynx even uglier and let you do the surfing minigame without a surfing Pikachu.
>>
Infinite Nugget glitch is only in FRLG! >>25561098 already pointed this out.

>>25563924
Phantom PCs are still in Blue version, at least.

>>25563962
I think you're right, actually.
>>
>>25564131
>but Yellow Missingno. is way more unstable and most of the time the game softlocks upon encountering it.
Eh I guess I'm fine with not being able to do the glitch anymore then.I already got my two mews and I spawned Gengar in Viridian Forest
>>
>>25564131
Did the purple really have to be to bright? Her hands and face are practically glowing.
>>
>>25564131
>>25564168
You can still encounter missingno. on Yellow, you just have to be more specific about how. If you load one of a couple specific values when doing the mew glitch, you can load up the ghost, aerodactyl fossil, and kabutops fossil missingno.'s which have the same effect but are perfectly stable.
>>
>>25564131
I've never really heard more detail on why missingno is less stable in yellow. Do its behaviors fuck up the game really badly or something if you do transfer one in?
>>
>>25564185
Forgot about those even existing in Yellow, even after I recommended them to another anon earlier as a way of not screwing up your hall of fame. i'm a dumb
>>
>>25564196
It just freezes the game often and can cause some funky overworld shit to happen if you get through the encounter. Probably something to do with the sprite compression data being even more ridiculous than R/B's Missingno.'s.
>>
>>25564196
I dont know about the exact reasoning, but the issue lies with its front sprite data, so if you can manage to get into a battle with one without your game locking, you should be alright, though that relies basically on chance unless you really want to get technical. The annotations in the beginning of this video have a decent explanation for it, as well as showing the advanced way of getting around it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLuUWUeUTg4
>>
>>25561936
So has the patch been extracted and applied to a regular rom?
>>
>>25564415
How on earth do you expect that to work?
>>
>>25564422
Well nittys emu will change the rom data before running it as normal so there is no reason you can't permanently apply those changes to a rom file.
>>
>>25564479
You could, but since it's a patch specifically for VC-related functionality, I don't see the point of trying to recreate it outside of that environment. We already have emulators that can do trading and battling.
>>
>>25564494
>I don't see the point of trying to recreate it outside of that environment

To compare all differences and for fun really.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.