[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be re-entering the world of Pokemon (post Gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
I'm going to be re-entering the world of Pokemon (post Gen III) tomorrow by getting Pokemon B/W 2.

Should I do the Nuzlocke challenge? I never have before. I think it would force me to use the newer Gen Pokemon and not go out looking for Magikarp and Abra like a nostalgia fag. What do you think?
>>
I did a Nuzlocke in Pokemon Black 2 and it's actually pretty fun. Unlike most games, there's a lot of variety in the different routes so unless you're really unlucky, you should hopefully not encounter the same Pokemon every single route.
That being said, the experience points you gain scales with the level difference of your Pokemon vs the opponent's, and some of the gym leaders can be pretty difficult (Elesa, for example) so good luck.
>>
You're getting back into Pokemon for the first time since Gen 3 and you want to do a Nuzlocke on your first run through a game you know absolutely nothing about? That's definitely not recommended. If you lose the Nuzlocke will you restart the game and do a normal run or just continue the first run after the Nuzlocke ends but use whatever? Because unless you get really lucky with the Pokemon you encounter you could lose the Nuzlocke very early on, if not at the 2nd gym.
>>
File: The hypocrisy.png (253 KB, 970x536) Image search: [Google]
The hypocrisy.png
253 KB, 970x536
No nuzlocke challenge. Take your lumps
>>
File: haxorus.jpg (91 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
haxorus.jpg
91 KB, 900x675
>>25560475
There's many cool new pokémon anon, the "bag of trash, ice cream" meme is cherry picking as fuck.
About nuzlocke, I like to play every game at least once normally, then in a replay playthrough I try nuzlockes, but just play in the style that you will enjoy more.
>>
>>25560475
Why do you come back through the worst gen?
If you really stopped at Gen III, you should start with DP and then skip directly to XY
Unless you're a joingoistic amerifat of course
>>
>>25560584
DP is worst gen, idiot

Gen 5 is best gen
>>
>>25560584
>skip ___ gen because I personally don't like it and you won't either
>>
:`V
>>
>>25560584
I wasn't going to come back until someone told me in Gen V they made experience scales with regards to the levels of the two Pokemon fighting.

That completely changes the game... Hopefully.
>>
>>25560584
Black 2 and White 2 are easily one of the best games (if not the best game) of the series, don't believe this contrarian, OP.
>>
>>25560605
I don't speak Spanish.

Dios mios man. - The Big Lewbowski
>>
You can say what you want about the pokemon, but Unova is easily the best looking region. Game Freak really perfected sprite design by the time BW came out.
>>
>>25560511
>same Pokemon every single route
This is why I implement the dupes clause. If you already caught something, it doesn't count as your encounter for that route.
>>
>>25560722
I just have a hunch I'll resist the new Pokemon.

But I want to force myself to embrace it.
>>
>>25560873
You could also implement that, yeah. My endgame team for my Nuzlocke ended up being Skarmory, Darmanitan, Swanna, Jellicent, Gliscor and Chandelure.

Oh also, if you've never played a game past gen III, the physical and special moves are determined by the move instead of type now.
>>
>>25560612
>in Gen V they made experience scales with regards to the levels of the two Pokemon fighting.

Wut?
>>
>>25560971
From what I was told in this thread >>>25551777

Low level beats high.
You get more experience.

High level beats low.
You get less experience.

Equal levels fight.
Experience is normal.

Which prevents only using one Pokemon the entire game. I didn't know they changed it.
>>
Just saying if Jynx, Mr. Mime, Muk, or Seel were introduced now. They'd be considered garbage. Nostalgia doesn't equal quality.
>>
>>25560684
>implying is hard to understand.
If only, "mierda morada" means purple shit
>>
>>25560584
>telling him to play the worst gen and skip the best
Seriously these sinnohshits need to fucking leave. They're more annoying than hoennbabies.
>>
>>25560475
Nuzlocke challenge is always best way to play. I've used so many new Pokemon by doing this instead of the same tried-and-true favorites. But I do what others have said and run the dupes clause so that I don't end up with 6x Zigzagoon (or in this gen, Patrats).
>>
>>25561463
I'm Canadian, sorry.
>>
>>25561124
I'd take muk over the klink line anyday
>>
>>25561497
4 and 5 are the two best gens. Though he told him to play DP rather than Platinum which is pretty awful advice desu.
>>
>>25561497
Nothing beats hoennfags, no one complains more about other games not meeting their expectations more than them.
>>
File: 1437965267875.jpg (23 KB, 566x521) Image search: [Google]
1437965267875.jpg
23 KB, 566x521
>>25560475
>destroys everything in its path
>except some pebbles lying on the ground
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.