[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Mega evolutions so overly designed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (21 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21 KB, 150x150
Why are Mega evolutions so overly designed?
>>
>>25556964
Cause its mega
>>
Why are you such a faggot?
>>
File: mega_venusaur.png (4 MB, 2394x1832) Image search: [Google]
mega_venusaur.png
4 MB, 2394x1832
>>25556964
To show how extreme and edgy they've become!

No, but I think most of the designs are awful. Mega Venusaur is the only one that's close to perfect for an evolution.
>>
>>25556964
Most megas are literally overdesigned versions of a Pokemon.

The exceptions are Slowbrow and MegaMom
>>
>make the arms grow into scythes
>a two more spikes
>overly designed
>>
I like a couple. Mega Charizard Y is nice, and so is mega venusaur.

>>25557004
>attempting to defend a shitty gimmick idea.
>>
>>25557016
>attempting to defend OP's retarded underageb8
>>
>>25556993
>Mega Venusaur is the only one that's close to perfect for an evolution.
>literally a Venusaur with a flower on its head
No. Pokemon evolution changes the body much more.
Megas are just an "amplification" of the same Pokemon.

>>25557016
Evolution ruined the look of more Pokemon than Mega Evolution did.
>>
If you can remove something from the design and it doesn't make the pokemon look weird then it's unneccesary.
All of the megas are a mess design wise
>>
>>25556964
Because they are supposed to make already fully evolved pokemon look stronger while also looking sort of the same, which is not easy to do.
So the easy thing is just make it more detailed most of the time.
>>
because the whole point of them is to just take a current pokemon but exaggerate its features and add extra accessories.

Mega Kanga is my favorite mega design wise, because it's a simple and clever progression that makes sense instead of needlessly adding shit everywhere.
>>
>>25557147
MegaChomp would look fine if the ridges outlining its stomach was removed.
>>
>>25557051
>Evolution ruined the look of more Pokemon than Mega Evolution did.
Thos are different pokemon tho.
>>
File: 8210039204356.png (701 KB, 1336x604) Image search: [Google]
8210039204356.png
701 KB, 1336x604
>>25556993
Mega Sceptile looks better.
>>
>>25556964
that jaw is godawful, jesus christ
>>
>>25556964
itt: the biggest losers of the pokemon community
>>
>>25557171
said no one ever
>>
Because they aren't natural evolutions but pokemon with their combat traits grossly exaggerated. That's the whole point
>>
>>25557147
>tigers are so fucking overdesigned holy shit
>fucking natural selection
>>
>>25557194
It's better than an ugly Toad with a flower stuck on its forehead.
>>
>>25557180
Nice b8

But seriously i hate gf for doing this. This is what ruined gen 6 for me. the simpler designs of pokemon are a lot better. now theyre all cluster fuck How is adding extra patterns make them more piwerful?
>>
>>25557229
You know real animals can have odd patterns and shit too, right? This is why I can't take any of these "overdesigned" complaints seriously.
>>
>>25557214
No.
The only mega it's better than is Swampert's and Sharpedo's
>>
>>25557276
Yes, but it's the 1 gen that had Pokemon with the fewest random-colored stripes and spikes.

And we're asking why that is.
>>
>>25557315
Gen 1 designs were also fucking terrible for the most part. There were a few gems but a lot of them are either horrible or extremely forgettable (or they would be, if it weren't for the fact they happened to be one of the first).

Anyway, the real reason most of the gen 1 (and 2) designs are so bland is due to the limited technology of the game boy; pokemon were designed with this in mind which is why a lot of gen 1 mons tend to to just be two or three colours without many patterns or other details, so they would look better with the limited resources Game Freak had to make sprites.
>>
>>25556964
I always give garchomp a pass on spikes and edge because that's what garchomp embodies. Also he's got a black beard motif going on that is subtle and works
>>
>>25556964
not all megas look bad, and just because it has more detail mean they are bad. the only problem is that they might give a mega version to a pokemon to one that needs an evolution.
>>
>>25557388
>just because it has more detail mean they are bad
meant to say it doesnt mean they are bad
>>
File: Mega Altaria.jpg (769 KB, 2081x2333) Image search: [Google]
Mega Altaria.jpg
769 KB, 2081x2333
>>25556964

Because a lot of Pokemon with designs that are already essentially "complete" as a concept have been given Megas, which often seems to manifest as adding a bunch of unnecessary shit on top or wildly exaggerating proportions (see: M-Steelix, M-Aerodactyl, M-Manectric).

The best Megas are those that highlight the best parts of a Pokemon's design instead of attempting to reinvent the wheel, such as M-Altaria, M-Beedrill, M-Abomasnow.
>>
File: 1457391025407.jpg (13 KB, 269x292) Image search: [Google]
1457391025407.jpg
13 KB, 269x292
>>25556993
This.

Megas don't need to be so unnecessarily detailed. It's only evolving once during a battle then reverting to it's normal form. Megas ought to be simple aand should at least remotely resemble the pokemon they evolved from.

>mfw everyone thinks mega venusaur is the worst mega
>>
>>25556993
I hate the three spot pattern on the head...it would look better if it was still "random" like regular Venusaur.
>>
>>25557961
>It's only evolving once during a battle then reverting to it's normal form
If it's that, why can't they be more detailed? It's a one time thing, after all.

>aand should at least remotely resemble the pokemon they evolved from.
They all do.
>>
>>25557961
they all resemble the pokemon they come from. Also why does everyone lust over simple designs. I think a lot of megas look pretty neat.
>>
Because it makes you cry.
>>
>>25557147
>If you can remove something from the design and it doesn't make the pokemon look weird then it's unneccesary.
Define "weird" because removing anything from any of the megas would look weird.
>>
>>25557315
>Yes, but it's the 1 gen that had Pokemon with the fewest random-colored stripes and spikes.
Because of the limitations of the Gameboy rather than being what they actually wanted.
>>
File: suicune.png (9 KB, 418x312) Image search: [Google]
suicune.png
9 KB, 418x312
>>25558339
No anon! What are you saying? That isn't true. Look at this example i made!
>>
>>25558470
What point are you trying to make exactly?
>>
File: rhydon.png (12 KB, 560x439) Image search: [Google]
rhydon.png
12 KB, 560x439
>>25558497
Unnecessary thing must be removed. Pokemon should be simpler. That is what we like.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.