[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get Gameboy at age 5 >parents convince me that the batteries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>get Gameboy at age 5
>parents convince me that the batteries die really fast if you play with volume on
>absolutely never play with sound on
>20 years later still play in silence

Anyone else with a serious lack of appreciation for Pokemon music?
>>
>>25555458
I played with headphones to my phone through my first run of Alpha Sapphire because I wanted to listen to my own music library. Probably just fucked myself out of a whole lotta nostalgia.
>>
>>25555458
I enjoy the music, but I get headaches very easily so I rarely play anything with the volume on nowadays.
>>
>>25555458
My parents did the same god damn thing, now I always play games really low out of habit. Its bullshit
>>
I've never played with the sound on either for the same reason. Instead I listen to music or a tv show/movie. On the very rare occasion I've listened to the game's music I didn't enjoy it
>>
>>25555614
>>25555458
Were you to poor to afford batteries
>>
>>25555639
yes ;_;

The irony is that I grew up to work at a battery company, but the DS doesn't run on batteries.
>>
>>25555639
My dad is a lawyer in DC, hes just fucking cheap
>>
>>25555458

Smart parents.
>>
>>25555639
It's not so much that my family couldn't afford them as it was that I never had any money (no allowance and nobody would let me work for them because I was just a kid) and my parents didn't like buying things that wasn't for them.
>>
>>25555458
Nigger get that faggot hair off your screen
>>
>>25555737
They got you a Game Boy, didn't they?
>>
>>25555458
Same thing happened to me. I was taught that the backlight would eat through the battery, so even now I usually play with the brightness all the way down, even in direct sunlight.

I only recently started listening to the music, it's suprisingly good.
>>
>>25555867
>I was taught that the backlight would eat through the battery

That was 100% true. The backlight absolutely killed batteries. That's why the Game Gear didn't have the staying power of the original Game Boy despite being in color and backlit - it would run through six batteries in like three hours.
>>
>>25555763
I saved every penny I found and the birthday money my grandparents gave me to get that Gameboy. My parents bought me a cheap pack of batteries for it once in a while
>>
Not only pokemon. When I play vidya on handhelds and pc, I alway have the sound turned off and when I play on consoles, my brain kinda ignores the music and I forget it's there. I usually only remember the opening and credit themes.
>>
>>25555458
>parents bought you recharchable batteries
>came with a car charger too
while the car charger sucked, it felt godly getting a new pack of batteries at the fuel pomps during holidays abroad
>>
File: smaxl.jpg (35 KB, 658x493) Image search: [Google]
smaxl.jpg
35 KB, 658x493
>>25556269
>parents bought you the madcatz charger
>if it jimmied any little way from being plugged into the bottom of the GBA it died
>Try to play pokemon crystal with that thing

Took me weeks to figure out i wasnt getting anywhere and i just needed to start buying batteries
>>
I play without sound because I dont like pokemon music
>>
>>25556603
Same. It's really toward the bottom of all Nintendo music.
>>
>>25556677
+ the awful AWFUL low health beep gives me headaches. It's so grating.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.