[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generation 7 will be even easier and more simplified than 6.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
Generation 7 will be even easier and more simplified than 6.

"When asked what the next generation of Pokémon games will be like if such a plan exists, Sugimori commented that they will not add more layers of complexity, but rather revert back to simplicity, in part by using elements found in Pokémon Red and Green. Therefore, there is now speculation that Game Freak may opt for this route in developing Generation VII.

As a side note, not only the number of games, but also the number of Pokémon, moves, abilities, items, etc. increase as each new generation is introduced, to such a degree that is difficult to remember all of them. It is impossible to decrease the amount of Pokémon, and such a move is assumed to be uncalled for, but some fans have claimed that it might be better to significantly organize/trim the moves, abilities, items, etc.

Also, Sugimori thought that other than the content of the game, Pokémon designs could probably be simplified, as well."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707763

Simpler designs might be good but simplyfying the game even more will be just another step backwards. So we can forget about big more challenging postgame aswell since the amount of side games (f2p and console ones) makes post game unnecessary and would only distract fans from those games
>>
fucking zoned out all of that but I'll just get first post and say Sun is better
>>
File: some ice cream guy.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
some ice cream guy.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>25552957

I'd rather have a more complex storyline, and a much more beautiful and aesthetic heavy world, than have loads and loads of features piled on to the game that nobody is going to use desu. Besides, this probably means nothing.
>>
>>25552957
>they will not add more layers of complexity, but rather revert back to simplicity
Maybe this isn't about the game's difficulty though.
>>
File: moon.jpg (56 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
56 KB, 638x479
>>25552964
>Being a sunnigger
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>25552957
>simpler Pokemon designs
>IV and EV finally gone

Fucking yes.
>>
>>25552992
If they think the game or games mechanics are too complicated so that they need to be simplified then that means its too difficult for some people and by simplifying they will make it easier.

Besides
>Masuda says people wouldnt enjoy BF as its to difficult
>Sugimori claims they need to simplify games
Do you really think they will just change their minds overnight and make the games harder?

No, the message is clear
>>
File: 1454967043451.png (637 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1454967043451.png
637 KB, 693x693
>>25552994

take this fucking trash to >>>/r/eddit you stupid faggot
>>
Complexity and difficulty aren't the same thing. The original games were much simpler than the modern ones, but they are more challenging because of it

Having said that, I can't see the games getting harder, because that'll make kids less likely to play
>>
File: magearna2-169990.jpg (158 KB, 550x728) Image search: [Google]
magearna2-169990.jpg
158 KB, 550x728
>>25552957
>Also, Sugimori thought that other than the content of the game, Pokémon designs could probably be simplified, as well.
shit gamefreak says?
>>
>>25552957
>Sugimori commented that they will not add more layers of complexity, but rather revert back to simplicity, in part by using elements found in Pokémon Red and Green.
great, even more genwun pandering

how is any of that shit good at all?
>>
File: 345835473457.jpg (94 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
345835473457.jpg
94 KB, 500x667
>I don't want to add layers of complexity and no ones wants to play a BF because kids have ADHD
>there are competitive pokemon players who litterally dedicate days to raising teams

Fuck you Sugimori and Mesuda. Too lazy because they know they can sell the game regardless of content. Just add in a hard mode, you did it once, you can do it again.
>>
>>25553000

>I want every Pokemon of the same species to play exactly the same
>>
>>25553000
>IVs
yes
>EVs
fuck no
>>
>>25553343
>ability,mooveset and held item aren't more important than IV and as equally important as EV to define a pokemon playstile.
>>
>>25553343
>implying that matters when everyone goes for 5IV Pokémon
>>
>>25553047
To be fair, you can get away with having a Pokémon like Magiarna have a complex design because it's whole gimmick (that we know of) is that it's man made.
>>
>>25553000
I'd be so fucking happy if IVs just made minor visual changes to the pokemon. EVs should exist though, at least getting competitive EVs is more entertaining than this fucking bicycle simulator bullshit.
>>
You choose the difficulty before starting the game and solved all problems... _:_
>>
Given that you can transfer pokemon from gen 1and 6 games it seems to me that there is going to be some overhaul of pokemon stats. I could see them removing IVs or giving us some way to change them instead of just influencing them. EVs will probably be here to stay since it's easier than ever to train for them or erase them and gamefreak has acknowledged them about as much as they ever will. Natures will probably stay the same (so almost all of your RBY pokemon will be completely worthless unless you can influence their nature). If transfer is a one way trip they may just make hidden abilities regular abilities
>>
>>25552957
>Simplifying the mechanics of a game that has become too convoluted at this point means the next games themselves are going to be easy, even easier than last time
To prepare the rocket for launching, you must first spread butter on one side of the bread.

If they happen to be easy it's because Gamefreak deliberately wanted them to be easy, not because they are trying to get rid of all the unnecessary bloat this game has accumulated over the years.
>>
>>25553374

Removing IVs is fine, but EVs determine the role a Pokemon can take, like offensive or defensive. By removing EVs you're basically removing the option to choose what role you want your Pokemon to take.
>>
File: 2056641388.jpg (40 KB, 276x267) Image search: [Google]
2056641388.jpg
40 KB, 276x267
>>25552957
>each stat replaced with pokeathlon style "stars" out of a maximum of 5
>>
>>25553644
god this is actually plausible. fuck just kill me now
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.