[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your team?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (16 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
16 KB, 192x263
What was your team?
>>
Espeon
Umbreon
Heracross
Skarmory
Tyranitar
Metagross
>>
>>25551062
>Heracross
>Skarmory
>Tyranitar
>Metagross
>literally all end game captures
Fuck is wrong with you?
>>
Magcargo and nothing else
>>
>>25551067
That's what my team looked like when I completed Mt Battle. I probably used some other Pokemon and eventually switched them out for those (it's been a while since I've played it).
>>
Was this game difficult? I remember it being pretty hard but its been awhile so I might just have been shit.
>>
>>25551147
The difficulty of the game stemmed from the fact that it was a lot more difficult to grind levels and every battle being a double battle meant that the trainers could use certain strategies that only work in doubles all the time (EQ spam, Skill Swap Slaking, etc.).
>>
File: Jetsam.gif (6 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Jetsam.gif
6 KB, 150x150
>>25551147
Colosseum requires a bit of grinding if you want to maintain the levels of a full party. The admins are actually semi-challenging because they have at least a base of a strategy. It's a bit of a pain if you're trying to catch every shadow pokemon, but in a good way. The pool of Pokemon to build your team with aren't very good for the most part, so there's some difficulty right there. It's all fun though. I had a good time going through it last year.

Gale of Darkness is piss easy in comparison, I think.
>>
espeon and umbreon
my two goddesses :)
>>
>>25551049
My most recent team is
Plusle
Quagsire
Jumpluff
Typhlosion
Umbreon
Espeon

I remember Plusle is actually pretty useful.
>>
>>25553604
>always male
>>
Typhlosion
Furret
Absol
Quagsire
Amoharos
Houndoom?

It was a really long time ago. That game was fun.
>>
>>25551049

Meganium
Altaria
Mantine
Flygon
Entei
Espeon
>>
>>25551049
Hitmontop
Miltank
Stantler
Heracross
Altaria
Flygon
>>
Espeon
Umbreon
Something with Sing to capture shadows, I can't remember
Whatever shadows i needed to purify
>>
Espeon
Umbreon
Meganium
Quagsire
Forretress
Heracross
Granbull

Man it's been a long time since first playing Collosseum. I didn't even get how to save back then and restarted several times because of this, always choosing Bayleef because I didn't know there were other exits.
>>
>>25551049
medicham, metagross, altaria, meganium, jumpluff, ampharos

damn, i fuckin love this game,
>>
>>25551185
This is true and I agree.

I'd roll with :
esp,
noctowl,
umbreon,
meganium,
quags or octopus,
and hitmontop

We did pretty well
>>
>XD
fuck off
>>
>>25551049
Espeon
Zangoose
Feraligatr
Meganium
Houndoom
Piloswine

honestly I really loved this game and gale of darkness, I wish they did more but the 3D gimmick is gone now so they won't.
>>
>>25554346
Zangoose is not in the game, though.
>>
>>25554396
right that was gale of darkness, i often get them mixed
>>
Why is this game so fucking boring? I haven't played pokemon since BW released, now that SM got announced I decided to play something different, but this is so damn slow. And don't get me started on the snag and purify mechanics. This is truly the worst pokemon spinoff I have played, and I played Dash
>>
>>25554310
You tried so hard
>>
File: xD.gif (246 KB, 240x152) Image search: [Google]
xD.gif
246 KB, 240x152
>>25554310
upvoted
>>
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Altaria
Medicham
Espeon
Flygon
>>
Espeon
Hariyama
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Sudowoodo
Forretress
>>
before hgss i think this was the only non event way to get ho-oh
>>
>>25551185
>It's a bit of a pain if you're trying to catch every shadow pokemon, but in a good way.
>every single shadow Pokemon in the entire game has a recoil move that will kill them if they use it at low health
Hell no.
>>
>>25551049
I remember being very very upset that groudon and kyogre were on the box art despite not being in the game. When I first got the game I was so excited to find them
>>
>>25551081
>>25551185
What makes it "difficult" is that you're usually trying to catch a pokemon, keep it from knocking it self out, and battling its allies at the same time. I mean if you weren't worried about capturing, then you could just knock them out.
>>
My first ever team was

Espeon/Umbreon/Entei/Raikou/Suicune/Flygon

replace Espeon and Umbreon with Tyranitar and Metagross after the credits

I've had other teams that were like

>Misdrevous/Hariyama/Suicune/Plusle/Flygon/Skarmory
>Raikou/Gligar/Quagsire/Foretress/Typlosion/Altaria

and a whole bunch of other shit. I played through colosseum so many times I don't exactly remember all of my teams. I started a shitmon playthrough with NUmons, but didn't finish because of bordem halfway through.

then a romhack of colosseum came out so my team at the end was

Espeon/Umbreon/Blaziken/Sneasel/Jirachi/Rayquaza (with Manetric, Scizor, and Gyarados being temporary members)

http://pastebin.com/isPxG9z8
>>
>>25553654

Plusle had a neat support movepool; Twave, fake tears, helpping hand, encore, growl, and could be taught light screen so it can really tank special hits.

also being the only other electric pokemon in that game.
>>
>>25554901
Also don't you get it from a Trade with the Duking guy? So it gets an exp boost as well.
>>
>>25551185
>Gale of Darkness is piss easy in comparison

mostly because you have a wider variety of Pokemon to use and most of them are actually good and have special moves on top of that, but once you start fightin 2+ shadow pokemon at once, it becomes tougher.

And Orre Colosseum is tougher than anything in Colosseum.
>>
>>25554452

just play on an emulator if you're able to and speed it up.

Yeah, Colosseum is slow and the shadow mechanics are a bit annoying, but it and it's sequel are the only games with a double battle system for its main story. Gale of Darkness does its shadow mechanics better (and the shadow pokemon also have much lower shadow gauges in GoD) and its a bit faster as well (not by much but still noticeable)

What I'm saying is play Play Pokemon Laughing Face: Gale of Darkness because it's better than Colosseum in every way except for characters and difficulty (until Orre Colosseum)
>>
>>25554865

Also the romhack is great, but it's unfinished mechanics wise (as in some moves don't work as intended) Espeon actually has a movepool, and Umbreon gets glare in this romhack as well.
>>
>>25551049
Espeon
Quagsire
Ampharos
Flygon
Mantine
Misdreavus

Most of that team was just chosen so i could spam Earthquake. When I did a run through to get all the shadow mons, i just traded over a Kyogre and spammed Water Spout/Thunder on everything
>>
>>25554865
What rom hack?
>>
>>25554111
oh man look at the fuckin pro with his 7 party team
>>
>>25555224

check out the pastebin in the quoted post.
>>
>>25555014
I will. My autism was preventing me from playing the second game without completing this first, but I can't keep going
I'm playing them on a Wii, my toaster can't run Dolphin
>>
>>25555229
>http://pastebin.com/isPxG9z8
Thanks I will do this right now.
I only dreamed about colosseum Hacked
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.