[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest Question: How many towns from Gen 6 can you name?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 559x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 559x384
How many can you name without looking at comments etc.? I can remember about 3 or 4 and I'm obsessed with Pokemon. Is it just me? The towns were forgettable.
>>
This is true, they weren't very memorable.

Then again I can recall every town from Gen V, which apparently some people find unmemorable also, so who knows.
>>
>>25550657
Only Lumiose and Anistar if I'm being honest. I think that has more to do with how fast the game was paced and how it zipped you through the entire region than the designs though, since I think the towns were really pretty and unique.
>>
>>25550657
The towns themselves weren't forgettable, it was the names that were forgettable.
That said, Camphrier, Snowbelle, Santalune, Lumiose, Anistar, Cyllage, Geosenge, Ambrette and Dendemille are all names I remember. I think that's at least half of the towns/cities.
>>
I feel like the 3d environment of gen 6 makes it kind of disorienting, and the dynamic camera angles stop you from ever getting to take in a large portion of a town at once. Definitely lends to the idea that they're a little forgettable.
>>
The towns were nice, but the pacing wasn't. Many looked good but lacked substance. Wasted potential.
>>
Vaniville Town, Coumarine City, Kiloude City, Lumiose City, Santalune City, Valour City, Geosenge Town, Anistar City, Laverre City

Gen 6 actually had some pretty nice-looking towns and cities when it comes to their design. The problems were the washed-out colour palette and the 3DS's shit-tier resolution. Also the main reason I can't remember them all is because I haven't played gen 6 as much as I've played the others. I can barely remember the gen 5 towns/cities either.
>>
>>25550712
In addition, I can't remember ANY of the names of the towns from Generation V. I only remember that their naming theme was cloud types.
>>
Snowbelle and Lavvere are the only ones I know on the top of my head. Mainly because they have my favorite in game sound tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYASGXzBTfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95a6lAjFVvQ
>>
Celadon City, Saffron City, Cerulean City, Lavernder City. I forget the rest
>>
none honestly
>>
>>25550657
Besides the obvious ones, I really liked Aquacorde, Camphrier, and the one with the aquarium. It was a nice addition to the pace, since they could just be excluded and nothing would change much. It added that "comfy" atmosphere of realism and laid-backness you don't often get to see in pokemon. The map even says for the aquarium one that it was only made popular recently, which made me think even more how I'd like small towns dotted around the map.
>tfw the main games will never have as much world building unless it drastically changes its formula
>>
The first three generations had pretty simple names that were easy to remember. Sinnoh was a bit mixed.

Unova uses a bunch of weird cloud terminology that isn't as easy to remember and fuck if I even know what meaning there is behind the names of most Kalos towns.
>>
>>25550657
ok here we go: Vaniville, Santalune, Ambrette, Lumiose, Snowbelle, Aquacorde, Anistar, Cyllage, Stonehedge... Mushroom City with the Big Tree... I'm out.
>>
>>25550657
Vaniville, Aquacorde, Santalune, Lumiose, Cyllage, Dendemille, Anistar, Snowbelle

Isn't pretty ironic tgat even when I don't have those games I can remember the towns?
>>
>>25550755
BW: Nuvema, Accumula, Striaton, Nacrene, Castelia, Nimbasa, Driftveil, Mistralton, Icirrus, Opelucid, Lacunosa, Undella, Black City

BW2: Aspertia, Floccesy, Virbank, that town in the desert, Humilau

Also, Nice Gen V meme :^)
>>
Santalune, Snowbelle, that's pretty much it.
>>
I remember lumiose and that's it. Even with the gym leaders, I can only remember wulfric and korrina

I saw a picture of Ramos the other day and said out loud 'who the fuck is that'
>>
>>25550657
Vaniville
Lumiose
Aquacorde
Coumarine
Dendemille
Anistar
Kiloude
Potato
>>
>>25550687
Wtf?! I literally could only name Lumiose! And I fucking clocked in 750+ hours on my Y version already! Wow
>>
+1 in remembering the towns themselves, just can't remember the names.
>>
>>25552797
Oh hang on, was geosenge the name of a town or a village or something?
>>
>>25552854
It was the town with Stonehenge.
>>
Anistar, Snowbelle, Kiloude, Lumiose, Laverre, Coumarine, Shalour...not gonna list them all. I didn't even play the games. Then again, I can remember almost every Pokemon town name easily, and I've only played through Gens at max 2 times. I either have a very good memory or you faggots just rush through games.

Then again, this just looks like another 'HURR GEN 6 AND XY WAS BAD' thread, so I doubt it's either.
>>
>>25550657
Lumiose
Ambrette
Anistar
Snowbelle
Geosenge
Chalour
Santalune
Courmarine

these are the ones i remember from the head
>>
>>25552751
You only missed Anville (and you didn't name Lentimas).
To be fair I keep forgetting Floccesy,
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.