[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder to never evolve your Paras because if you do you are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: yjcfvjutcf.jpg (140 KB, 960x577) Image search: [Google]
yjcfvjutcf.jpg
140 KB, 960x577
Reminder to never evolve your Paras because if you do you are essentially killing it.
>>
Is a Venusaur actually a Bulbasaur or are they two separate ententes?
>>
So? He seems like a fun guy
>>
>>25549241
It's a Venusaur, a Rafflesia doesn't control it's host like the Cordyceps of a Paras does.
>>
>>25549226
>Toad finally takes over.jpg
>>
>>25549241
Same entity, Pokemon is more akin to metamorphosis than actual evolution.
>>
Your Pokemon, Paras, is already the mushroom. The crab is merely it's slave and/or vessel, like the rock that a Dwebble might hide in.
The mushroom is what gains experience and power, and it is what evolves.
>>
>>25549298
Really? That changes a lot.
>>
>>25549298
No the mushroom is a Tochukaso.

>Paras has parasitic mushrooms growing on its back called tochukaso. They grow large by drawing nutrients from this Bug Pokémon host. They are highly valued as a medicine for extending life.

That's why it loses the pupils it has when it evolves, because it's essentially just a corpse after that. The mushroom literally takes the Paras. But yes, you are right that all experience and nutrients and such go straight to the mushroom as opposed to the Paras itself.
>>
>>25549226
Oh wow, I love that they actually referenced this in what I would've assumed would be a bit kiddified version.
>>
>>25549226
Don't worry, I made sure not to evolve any of the Paras that I have caught. When I want a Parasect I just catch an already evolved one.
>>
>>25549251
I refuse to give this any actual acknowledgement.
Take your (you) and go.
>>
Does evolving a pokemon in general kind of kill off what they were before? In the anime they can go through massive personality changes.
>>
>>25549298

but the thing is that they need eachother, together they are strong : )
>>
>>25549475
Kills them the same way it killed you 10 year old personality.
>>
>>25549494
It's Paras and Parasect, not Symbio and Symbosect.
>>
>Mega Parasect
>The soul of Paras gets revenge by possessing the mushroom, overriding the Grass type to become Bug/Ghost
>>
>>25549475
every cell in your body dies and is replaced at some point. Over the course of about seven years, the physical being that was "you" has died and been completely replaced by a newer version.
>>
>>25549671
nah let him RIP in peace. We already have Shedinja as our bug ghost archetype.
>>
>>25549494
The mushroom needs the arthropod because it's a highly specialized species and could not mind control, say, a scyther.
The arthropod needs the mushroom because millenia of mind control has stunted their evolution and adaptation, so they're extremely weak and unintelligent compared to any modern bug type.
>>
>>25549494
>hide all mushroom posts
>>
>>25549977
The bug doesn't need the mushroom at all. They're perfectly capable of surviving and reproducing in their unevolved forms. The mushroom is a parasite. By definition, its host gets no benefit from this.
>>
>>25549226
im sory paras :C
>>
>>25549869
Except nerve cells. Those are forever.
>>
I got a dumb/brilliant idea:
>Freed form of Paras/Parasect - Bug/Ghost (to obtain, have it not hold a Tiny or Big Mushroom
>Possessed form of other Bugs - Bug/Grass (to obtain, have it hold a Tiny or Big Mushroom)
>>
>>25549671
>Parasectite
>The mushroom grows larger, and grows a stalk
>The stalk can be seen "bursting" out of the shell of the Parasect, with several smaller mushrooms on/around the body
>A medium mushroom cap covers the roof of Parasect's head

>It's still shit
>>
>>25550048
fucking kill yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>
>>25550180
don't be rude!
>>
File: worried french anime.png (215 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
worried french anime.png
215 KB, 500x525
>The mushrooms on my back are my friends!
>>
File: deaths-head-hawkmoth.jpg (46 KB, 640x414) Image search: [Google]
deaths-head-hawkmoth.jpg
46 KB, 640x414
>>25549974

>Accepting the 1 HP wonder as our only Bug/Ghost

No.
>>
>>25550305
Never saw it coming.
>>
Reminder that if you evolve snorunt into froslass you are killing it
>>
i always feel kind of bad when i evolve my paras desu
>>
>>25549617
I like your style
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.