[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pok
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: pencas.jpg (92 KB, 736x151) Image search: [Google]
pencas.jpg
92 KB, 736x151
who of these three have the most saddest back story??
>>
The only one I know is Charmander. A reunion with Damien ought to be fun to watch.
>>
Charmander was gonna die. Not sure about the other 2.

>inb4 genwun
>>
So, does the anime team just hate the fire-type starters or something?
>>
Tepig - literally unable to eat and fucking terrified of people. Would have died if not for Ash.

Charmander at least was free to go somewhere safe and come back later, so it's own stubbornness caused it to nearly die, so it controlled it's own fate, unlike Tepig.
>>
File: 0.jpg (18 KB, 342x192) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
18 KB, 342x192
Tepig had it's fucking mouth tied shut so it could starve to death i think
>>
Probably Chimchar. Charmander's torturing only lasts one episode, and so does Tepig's.

Chimchar spends a good deal of time being treated like shit by his own trainer for being too weak.

Though, Chimchar gets his comeuppance in the end. Probably the most satisfying character arc in the anime, considering they almost never do that. Ash vs. Paul is hype as fuck.
>>
>>25548532

>neglected
>abused
>starving to death

yeah, sorry I think Tepig wins
>>
>>25548590
>Tepig

But that's an umbreon tho
>>
tfw Tepig died and became a Fire/Ghost
>>
>>25548605
>asshole abuses poke
>emotional damage
>worse than almost dying due to starvation

Maybe the story arc for Chimchar might have had more impact, but Tepigs introduction was infinitely more sad.
>>
>>25548575
To be fair, the Charmander was waiting where it was left because it thought Damien was going to return for it so it wasn't just being stubborn but it would have died in the rain. Tepig could have gotten the rope off by rubbing it's snout against a wall or having another pokemon help it.
>>
>>25548532
>releasing a starter because "it's too weak"

How dumb has one to be?
>>
>>25548675
Charmander had plenty of time and opportunity to realise what was going on, and chose to stick around when in mortal peril, and was idiotic enough to go back.

Tepigs salvation essentially relied on a shitton of luck to simply not starve to death.

In short, Tepig had no choice and was lucky to find someone to help in time. Charmander was just stubborn or stupid.
>>
>>25548719
The Tepig story is dumb because the pokemon should have been able to generate enough heat to simply burn the rope of.
>>
>>25548638
Yeah, sorry about that. :D
>>
>>25548532

>Left alone by his trainer in the rain

>Left alone by paul

>Left alone by his trainer and then hogtied his fucking face and left starving

Charmander was close to death in the rain, but tepig was too cruel
>>
>>25548566
Quite the contrary, muh dark past is for maximum appeal.
>>
>>25548663
To be fair, Tepig's trainer simply tied him to a post and walked off. The whole snout getting tied was an accident on Tepig's part.

Still, that IS a horrible thing to happen.
>>
>>25549077
When do Pokemon even eat? Do trainers have to feed them on a regular basis or do they get energy from their Pokeball?
>>
>>25549261
Feed them on a regular basis. If they are from the wild, they tend to eat berries. Of course, only if they grew in an environment where they knew how to get the food.
>>
>>25548551
Chimchar was abuse and mistreated becuase paul saw potential in the Blaze ability

Tepig was abandon and its mouth was tied up practically starving

what the fuck is wrong with ashes fire types
talonflame and quilava seem like the only normal ones
>>
>>25548683
Well for charmander thats not to far from the truth, i mean it was kind of dead weight until it learned decent moves, which took a while back in the day.

But zard was a great pokemon, so it kind was a lot like the games in that sense.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.