[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Volcanion is getting its first Japanese distro as the movie pre-booking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: floette-eternal.gif (114 KB, 81x90) Image search: [Google]
floette-eternal.gif
114 KB, 81x90
Volcanion is getting its first Japanese distro as the movie pre-booking gift, rather than during the actual movie in July like usual for the mythicals. This distro starts next month, on April 16.

This means something else "big" will be distributed at the movie in July. The only thing to stand big enough in place of a mythical is AZ's Floette, which in reality is probably technically a mythical itself when you think about it.

It can't be Magearna since SM won't be out until the end of the year.
>>
File: 1455240882282s.jpg (5 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
1455240882282s.jpg
5 KB, 201x250
INB4 Sun&Moon release this summer
>>
Fuck Volcanion and GF's boner with it right now, but I may actually give the Floette a shot.
>>
Not necessarily. For M14 Victini was the pre-order event while the theater event was just a Reshiram or Zekrom.
>>
>>25546824
I hope that's not the case this time. At least those were related, as they started in the movie. I don't know what else in the movie that is important enough that they can use for the move distribution. Even so, we already have Magearna and Volcanion as the stars. A third star could be pushing it to be a clusterfuck.

Regardless, AZ's Eternal Floette will more than likely be released eventually. If the plausible SM theories hold true and we can travel to Kalos, we may get it then.
>>
>>25547182
>started in the movie
starred*
>>
>>25547182
Zygarde is also going to be in the movie.

I could totally see them distributing a Thousand Arrows/Waves Zygarde at the movie, with the OT as Bonnie/Eureka or something.
>>
Then it hits everyone that the Pokemon distributed is Magearna.
>>
>>25549506
whoa
>>
>>25549476
>X/OR gets Thousand Waves Zygarde
>Y/AS gets Thousand Arrows Zygarde
I'm okay with this
>>
>>25549506
Yeah, we'll have Sun and Moon released by July
>>
>>25549641
No I wasn't referring to that.
>>
>>25549676
We aren't ever getting a major DLC patch for XY/ORAS. Especially when a new game is on the way.
>>
>>25549743
I'm just saying that or people wait six months for Magearna.
>>
>>25549779
Doubt it, but I suppose it's possible. Just give out serial code and be like "Here's a Magearna for you kids! You just can't get it for another half year!" Kind of a big middle finger.
>>
File: M19_poster_2.png (1 MB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
M19_poster_2.png
1 MB, 600x849
>Movie 10
>pre-order: Deoxys
>theater: Darkrai
>Movie 11
>pre-order: Regigigas
>theater: Shaymin
>Movie 12
>pre-order: Shiny Pichu that unlocked Spiky-Eared-Pichu
>theater: Arceus
>Movie 13
>pre-order: Shiny legendary beats that unlocked Zoroark in BW
>theater: Celebi
>Movie 14
>pre-order: Victini
>theater: Zekrom for Black and Reshiram for White
>Movie 15
>pre-order: Keldeo
>theater: Meloetta
>Movie 16
>pre-order: Mewtwo
>theater: Genesect
>Movie 17
>pre-order: Darkrai
>theater: Diancie
>Movie 18
>pre-order: Arceus + one box legendary
>theater: Hoopa
>Movie 19
>pre-order: Volcanion
>theater: ???

I've seen people talking about Magearna or Shiny Gengar/Gardevoir, but considering all theater events were legendaries with important roles in the movie (or in Meloetta's case, in the pikachu movie), my bet is Zygarde with its unreleased moves, since 10% is in the poster.

But if that's true, I wonder when they're actually going to release Magearna.
>>
>>25549897
Like what was said earlier in this thread, we can't have Magearna until we have SM, so there's no way we can have it in July unless >>25549819

Thousand Waves/Arrows Zygarde is pretty plausible, as well as Floette.

I'm guessing Magearna will be a launch event like Blazikenite Torchic and Victini
>>
>>25546781
Movie 14 had Victini as its ticket event and Reshiram/Zekrom depending on whether you had Black or White for the theater event. That wasn't too exciting.
>>
>>25549897
>>25549975
Watch it just be a Greninja that unlocks Magearna in SuMo or something.
>>
>>25550003
At least they were main stars of the movie. We can't really correlate any other mon of that importance at this point for this movie

>>25550039
Totally plausible considering what they did with the shiny beasts in Gen IV before we had BW
>>
>>25549975
That's why I'm saying Magearna might end up for ORAS or some shit.

I question Zygarde if only because you're only getting 10% in the movie (which still isn't in the games yet). You're looking at a weird situation here.
>>
>>25550151
I've said several times that Magearna can't be for XY/ORAS. Can you explain how you think it's possible?
>>
>>25550151
Just because 10% is in the poster doesn't mean it's the only Zygarde form we'll get in the movie, Puni-chan could easily go 50% as well.
>>
>>25550201
Essentially the same way Hoopa's Unbound form wasn't known in XY even though Hoopa was in the XY data.

>>25550209
Sure, but you're not going to have both cores so they both end up using both missing attacks. That's really all I'm saying.
>>
>>25550279
But Magearna isn't in XY/ORAS data at all... I don't follow you?
>>
>>25550279
What do the cores have to do with it? We don't even know what the criteria for the Thousand moves could be- for all we know they could just be event moves.

Also in the anime, the blue core on its own was able to form the 50% Zygarde. Twice, even.
>>
>>25550324
I just said the same way Hoopa Unbound wasn't in XY's data even though Hoopa was. I'm not saying that's what they're doing, but I can see that happening.
>>
>>25550355
2 cores > two Zygarde 50% > two Zygardes with one of each move.
>>
>>25550362
Are you trolling bro? I can't follow what your trying to project here.
>>
File: GhetsisB2W2sprite.gif (72 KB, 56x88) Image search: [Google]
GhetsisB2W2sprite.gif
72 KB, 56x88
>>25550362

This HAS to be bait.

Oh right, didn't one of those youtubers mention /vp/? That would explain an influx of retarded normies.
>>
>>25550399
I'm not trying to troll/bait/any of that shit. I'm just talking about how Magearna could be in the same situation as Hoopa-U was in XY. People didn't know about Hoopa-U when XY was datamined and all I'm saying is that Magearna could be in the same situation.
>>
>>25550435
TyrantiarTube and SleepyJirachi both suddenly started consistently mentioning /vp/ all of the sudden. Idk why, but I guess the "cool" factor. All the normie kiddies come here after hearing about this sacred place to find leaks
>>
>>25550473
I have no idea who the fuck they are, but I'm pretty sure you should kill yourself for knowing.
>>
>>25550446
You do know that the codes of XY/ORAS have been totally examined inside and out? We know absolutely everything, for a long ass time now. Magearna is not in the code, and can not be.
>>
>>25550494
Because /vp/ always talks about them and what they've been doing?
>>
>>25550510
>going to attention whore shill threads
Nah fuck you.
>>
>>25550501
Not impossible, but wont happen. The way Pokemon games are, it won't work overall. If you put the cartridge in a 3DS without the patch after you have the new Pokemon, you'd have corrupted data for having something that should be non-existent. Kids also wouldn't understand this. Masuda also said big DLC patches should never be a thing with pokemon, so everyone gets the full game in one package.

Besides, we have a new game on he horizon, which definitely means we won't get a patch.
>>
>>25550501
Actually, if they were to do that, they would have to send out a patch that is several hundred megabytes in size. Because they were retarded and packaged their game's filesystem in such a way that any patch to the game must completely replace the narc that it has edited. This means that it would require a replacement narc of the 3D models among others. That narc is huge. Each game would literally have to download all the Pokemon models again in order for even one Pokemon to be added. Gamefreak is THAT retarded.
>>
>>25550555
To be fair, if the user deleted a patch, the game could inform the user that the game's current save file requires a patch, and disallow the user from proceeding, or let them restart their game. However, your other point still remains - children wouldn't necessarily understand that.
>>
>>25550591
>>25550591
That would work to, but would fucking suck to get locked-out. GameFreak wouldn't let that be a potential issue. And yeah, kids wouldn't understand.

Pokemon isn't like SSB where the data is just adding an option which is temporary data. Once you save the game in Pokemon, it holds that data. Without the patch, it'd be an issue. With SSB, it's temporary and will work without the patch
>>
>>25550707
I agree. Plus, it's rare for a developer to hold true to the standard that they should release a complete game rather than a bastardization of what it should have been. I still think it's complete bullshit that 7 characters costs over half the price of the nearly 50 or so characters in the base game. SSB 4 shouldn't charge that goddamned much for one fucking character. This is why people pirate Nintendo stuff. Well, that, and they're so incompetent that they allow easy piracy. But I digress.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.