[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that you can unironically be bloacked and unable to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: safari2.gif (34 KB, 523x450) Image search: [Google]
safari2.gif
34 KB, 523x450
Reminder that you can unironically be bloacked and unable to progress in Pokemon Red and Blue
It happens if you have defeated all the trainers meetable before getting Surf and sold all your items.
Then you waste all your money on Vitamins and use them all on your pokemon

You are now unable to enter the Safari zone (not enough money) and unable to earn more money
They fixed it in Yellow by allowing you to enter the Safari zone with only one ball when you have no money
>>
Unwinnable by Mistake

See More on: Tv Tropes
>>
File: Hmm.jpg (22 KB, 237x263) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.jpg
22 KB, 237x263
>>25545465
You don't literally lose your save because you can always trade pokémon from another game, in this case, a Meowth with Payday.
>>
>>25545465
>unironically

I don't believe you are using that word correctly.
>>
>They fixed it in Yellow by allowing you to enter the Safari zone with only one ball when you have no money

I never knew that. That's pretty interesting.
>>
>>25545520
/thread
>>
I know a way in Gen 3.

Go to Sootopolis City and release all your Pokémon which can learn Fly or Surf.
>>
>>25545520
>having friends
>>
>>25545465

are there any other things like this in later games? like maybe in RSE if you release all your pokemon who can learn fly and surf when youre on the floating island city in the middle of the sea routes past maulville
>>
>>25545550
You still have fishing rods
>>
>>25545552
>not having both versions
>>
>>25545550
>>25545555

this could be done in lots of places like cinnebar island
>>
>>25545550
That won't work. The game won't allow you to release a pokemon with surf if you don't have a another surf user in the box
>>
>>25545465
Easier method: cut a tree, stand on that square, save your game and restart. You're now stuck on the tree.
>>
>>25545570
Can't you just fish for new Pokemon? (Assuming you have money for Pokeballs.)
>>
File: 529.png (760 KB, 906x682) Image search: [Google]
529.png
760 KB, 906x682
>>25545465
Likewise:

It is possible for the player to become stranded on the Meister's island (Route 226) after trading with him. This can only happen if the player's Finneon is the sole Pokémon in their party able to learn Surf (which is used to reach the island) while no Pokémon in the party can learn Fly or Teleport. Once the Meister's Magikarp has been received, the player no longer can access a field move to leave the island; ways out include using Rare Candies to evolve Magikarp into Gyarados who can learn Surf, fish for battles and catch a Pokémon who can learn Surf, use said battles to give Magikarp enough experience to evolve, or deliberately use said battles to cause all the player's Pokémon to faint, returning them to the last Pokémon Center. However, it is possible to block off all of these methods as well: the player can progress through the game without being required to pick up any fishing rods, and the player can reach the island with no Poké Balls or Rare Candies in their Bag. Since Finneon requires a Good Rod to catch in-game, this setup requires receiving Finneon via a trade from another game. With all of this, if the player saves the game here, they can never leave the island.

Thanks, bulbapedo.
>>
File: 800px-Sinnoh_Route_226_Pt.png (293 KB, 800x250) Image search: [Google]
800px-Sinnoh_Route_226_Pt.png
293 KB, 800x250
Route 226 Sinnoh
>It is possible for the player to become stranded on the Meister's island after trading with him. This can only happen if the player's Finneon is the sole Pokémon in their party able to learn Surf (which is used to reach the island) while no Pokémon in the party can learn Fly or Teleport. Once the Meister's Magikarp has been received, the player no longer can access a field move to leave the island; ways out include using Rare Candies to evolve Magikarp into Gyarados who can learn Surf, fish for battles and catch a Pokémon who can learn Surf, use said battles to give Magikarp enough experience to evolve, or deliberately use said battles to cause all the player's Pokémon to faint, returning them to the last Pokémon Center. However, it is possible to block off all of these methods as well: the player can progress through the game without being required to pick up any fishing rods, and the player can reach the island with no Poké Balls or Rare Candies in their Bag. Since Finneon requires a Good Rod to catch in-game, this setup requires receiving Finneon via a trade from another game. With all of this, if the player saves the game here, they can never leave the island.
>>
>>25545465
In the original Red and Green if you evolved your starter before you got the Pokédex, the game would treat that as having caught another Pokémon and assume you already have it, preventing the man in Viridian from ever sobering up.
>>
ITT: People who just got back from TVTropes
>>
>>25545465

You can get the Coin Case for free, pick up free coins and then save scum enough coins to buy a tm and sell it. You would have to intentionally try to lose all your money, coins, and items to really get stuck.
>>
>>25545465
Reminder that if you're a complete mental retard you can be unable to progress in R/B.

Which you might be considering you spelled the word "blocked" like this: bloacked.
>>
>>25545465
>Burn my life savings in an oil drum
>"WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL MY MONEY?"
>>
>>25547740
>Which you might be considering you spelled the word "blocked" like this: bloacked.

That's cause I was thinking about what my gf did yesterday
>>
>>25545921
i guess i need to play gen 4 again because i dont remember that area at all
>>
>>25547956
Don't until remakes. Sinnoh is so fucking ugly. I can't believe DP (and even PT) came right before HGSS. Not even Platinum looks moderately alright.
>>
File: 1456183446385.jpg (34 KB, 298x444) Image search: [Google]
1456183446385.jpg
34 KB, 298x444
>>25547934

there's really nothing quiet like watching the girl you love have the time of her life as a black cock twice the size of yours penetrates her every hole
>>
>>25545465
No different from real life.
>>
>>25545562
All the rods in Hoenn are optional.

>>25545593
That's only in Emerald, not Ruby and Sapphire.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.