[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been trying to introduce my little bro (age 9) to pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 638_Cobalion_BW_Shiny.png (81 KB, 377x416) Image search: [Google]
638_Cobalion_BW_Shiny.png
81 KB, 377x416
>been trying to introduce my little bro (age 9) to pokemon since plat came out
>he starts games but never gets badges
>recently whining that x/y is too hard and his event mew and celebi don't listen and his other pokemon 'aren't strong enough'
>I suggest training, the bond that can grow with pokemon, etc, hard work, determination
>he decides instead to wondertrade his starter
>I say he'll end up with a shitmon
>it's shiny cobalion
>>
now steal it
>>
>Which doesn't obey him

Anyway your brother is a faggot.
>>
Push him off a balcony and pretend Gengar did it.
>>
>>25544259
This is exactly why XY and ORAS were made so easy. And it's still not enough based on your anecdote.
>>
>>25544259
Your bother is a faggot.
>>
File: 1400378611633.webm (1 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1400378611633.webm
1 MB, 1024x576
>x/y is too hard

Holy shit, the internet generation is full of scrubs.
>>
>>25544259
>I suggest training
Awful advice. You don't need to grind in Pokemon games, you just need to know type match-ups. Gen 6 in particular requires no grinding because of the Exp Share.
>>
>>25544259
>x/y too hard

Stopped reading there
>>
File: zionzhjkueuzirjym2gs.w529.h352.jpg (37 KB, 528x352) Image search: [Google]
zionzhjkueuzirjym2gs.w529.h352.jpg
37 KB, 528x352
>x/y are hard

what have we devolved into as a species
>>
>>25544259
>he wondertraded the starter
B-But he can't do that! Your starter is meant to be your bro, he fails to see this even at young age!
>>
>>25544259
It may be too late for your brother if he's too much of a faggot to try a little on a pokemon game. Even my little sister (11) didn't surrender when trying to play some of the games that require more reflexes and ability than in pokemon that's just understanding types.

Hell, you can even headbutt your way through in-game with just damage-dealing attacks.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 219x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 219x320
>>25544259
I introduced my 10 years old cousin with black and white and I rewarded him with good mons whenever he beat the game or other stuff. He's older now and a huge pokemaniac, so I progressively taught him about the mechanics.
>his favorites are greninja, joltik, gengar and snorlax now
>>
>>25544705
>9 years old
>'it's too late he's fucked, just give up on him'

damn famalam
>>
Wow does he even have any prior video game experience?
>>
>>25544747
Your brother has fair-to-good taste.
>>
>>25544751
C'mon, if at that age they can't already try some more when you cheer them up (or bribe them, whatever works best), there's nothing else to do.
>>
>x/y too hard
Give up already.
>>
File: 1408120375647.jpg (157 KB, 582x334) Image search: [Google]
1408120375647.jpg
157 KB, 582x334
>>25544259
>x/y are too hard

Holy fuck, I started with yellow at his age and never thought once it was too difficult.
>>
>>25544259
>it's shiny cobalion
inject one into your save. why shit post?
>>
>x/y are too hard
>wondertrading his starter and not some shitmon
Your brother is a dipshit tbqh, a very, very lucky dipshit
>>
>STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I REALLY LIKE: the thread

Pokemon isn't for everyone. You're clearly different from your brother. Stop trying to force it, fag.
>>
>>25544765
how you approach a video game isn't necessarily how you approach real life
>>
>>25544300
>made so easy
If you ever thought a pokemon game was anything other than piss easy you should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>25544831
>started with yellow at his age and never thought once it was too difficult.
Because its pokemon. None of the games are difficult.
>>
>>25545193
>implying I was talking about giving up on him on real life matters

I was just talking about games, my man. I'm not going to stop being blood-related to that person just because they don't act like I do towards video-games.
>>
>>25544259
that story's fake as fuck, but how does your brother like not know how to read or something, the NPCs tell you everything you need to know

he'll grow up to be a famous youtube LPer some day
>>
Kill your sibling
>>
My first game was leaf green and I couldn't even speak English yet. Beat it within 24 hours.
>>
>>25546335

he does have a youtube and makes LPs. :(

>>25545173
he's the one who wants the game every time a new one comes out, and he picks it up any time he sees me playing, then bitches.

>>25544747
I've offered him everything from helping him get all legendaries to offering him a shiny per badge, he usually gets excited, then plays a couple minutes and complains or goes to watch youtube.

>>25544705
he wants to be a youtuber, i've already given up on him.

tonight he gave out a box full of bunnelby named trump lover :V I'm terrified he's going to end up in this hole shitposting with the rest of us and never actually playing any games
>>
>>25548735
>complains and go watches youtube
I don't think there's any saving. Most of the other kids related to me just watch lets plays.
>>
>>25544259
You're bro is a lost cause and commuted the ultimate sin of wonder trading his starter, his first Pokemon. A mon that was supposed to be special to him, something you're supposed to bond with...

My advise, steal the shiny sword dog and punch your bro in the face for good measure.
>>
>>25544259
>wondertrade his starter
;_;
>>
>>25544259
>Wonder traded his starter
I box mine but damn, your bother fucked up.
>>
>>25544259
I started mine out by letting them watch me replay emerald when they were 4-5. Afterward I gave them my old gameboy advance and let them play my color and advance games themselves. Then they asked for a 3DS for Birthday and Pokemon Y, the first game they completed on their own (if you don't count me telling them what to do when they got stuck.) Now they're slowly finishing Alpha Sapphire and plan to download Blue next.

tldr; Starting them slow at a very young age and framing it as a sibling bonding activity worked in my experience.
>>
>>25544259
Nothing wrong with your brother that can't be fixed by slapping his shit good.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.