[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm always trying to figure out the mindset of people who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
I'm always trying to figure out the mindset of people who use stall tactics.
You know protect + substitute + leftovers +leech seed

I just don't understand how to you can get enjoyment out of making a battle 3x longer than it should be. The game feels more like a repetitive chore for both sides.

It reminds me of the quote "If winning is this important to you then losing is probably your natural state."
>>
>>25543922
1.That quote is cringe as fuck
2.You don't understand all the ways to play the game and that is fine
>>
Yeah, if I can't OHKO the enemy every time I just fucking quit, no point making the battle longer than it has to be, fuck that noise.
>>
>>25544116
You know that's not what OP meant faggot.
>>
File: doginwrap.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
doginwrap.gif
2 MB, 208x200
yeah i only battle with legends with STAB moves so i can OHKO all my enemies. otherwise im a failure
>>
>>25544116
>>25544337
Stallfags have no defense for their gay ass ways, so they use smug strawman arguments to maintain their feeling of superiority.
In fact, enjoying boring, repetitive tasks is a symptom of people with actual, real life, non-4chan autism. So stall is literally perfect for autistic people: all kinds of numbers and calcs, nice and repetitive, boring, and they get to win at video games! Don't worry too much about them, and don't worry about smogon designing a meta for them. It's a waste of time.
>>
>>25544337
Refer to >>25544322

While I understand not liking stall tactics, they are nonetheless a valid one. It feels like a repetitive chore, but sometimes a good defense is the best offense.

A good comparison to this is breeding. For a lot of people it's a chore, that's why they'd rather inject the mons. And breeding does feel like a chore, it's boring. A mechanic that sucks the life out of you just so you can have a viable partner in the competitive scene.

Injecting on the other hand, makes 100% times easier what used to be a chore, that's for sure, no one can deny that, but that doesn't change the fact that is cheating.

In the end, both sides can be seen as good or wrong. Both have good points, both have bad points. Stall has it ups and downs. There's nothing else to think about it.
>>
I play stall about half the time, it's fun to me. I enjoy playing in a different way than just set up and sweep. It's an interesting play style, you should try it just to see if you enjoy it. Plus to me it makes a 'be as fast and hard hitting as you can' meta a little more varied and interesting. But I understand why you dislike it, just try to understand that different people enjoy different ways to play.
>>
I love playing stall. I just find it more fun playing defensively and slowly weakening the opponent's Pokemon instead of trying to 2HKO everything. The only time I find it unfun is when it's stall vs stall.
>>
File: pokemon stallin.png (67 KB, 1169x712) Image search: [Google]
pokemon stallin.png
67 KB, 1169x712
Fuck all of you stallfags. I always bring a means to stallbreak on my laddering teams so I can punish cancer like you.
>>
>>25544533
and that's why you should kill yourself
>>
>>25544533
>The only time I find it unfun is when it's stall vs stall.

So you admit that playing against stall is shit. But you like playing it. But you don't like when your opponent plays it because you know it's a shitty playstyle.

You should kill yourself.
>>
>>25544869
>So you admit that playing against stall is shit

No, because I have no problem playing against stall teams when I'm running a balance or HO team. It's only stall vs stall specifically I find boring.
>>
>>25543922
They are just faggots by nature. Always carry a stallbreaker and a counter to the counter of your stallbreaker.
>>
Well, I've learned that you need to have a phazer.

While they are trying to get a protect turn for their leech seed, I pull out the roar and switch out (as they likely will too)
>>
>>25543922

>Weebs

/a/ is just around the corner
>>
>>25544562
>eviolite doublade
so it's basically physical defensive chansey, or is it just a meme?
>>
>>25544970
Doublade's typing is what matters, since Aegislash is banned. It walls Mega Medicham, Mega Pinsir, and Mega Gardevoir among other things. Those are some of the biggest wallbreakers in the game.
>>
>>25544964
>calling people weebs on 4chan

Thats how I know you're a fucking newfag
>>
>>25544533
>"It's okay as long as it doesn't happen to me."
>>25544964
>calling people weebs
>on 4chan
>>
>>25544562
I'm loving this picture more than I should be.
>>
>>25543922

>Not dedicating half your team to stall and the other half to offense.

It's like you guys want to lose.
>>
>>25547864
Yeah it's almost like I want to carry my knowledge from the main game over to online play or something.
>>
>>25547864
I'm unfamiliar with the current meta but I doubt it's shifted away from hyperoffense since I've been gone.
>>
>>25543922
Daily Reminder Trollfreak is the reason stall is possible because if they made moves like Fire Blast have perfect accuracy then Stall and even Substitute faggotry would be completley nonexistent in the meta.
>>
>>25543922
I agree. Fights should be over quick and decisive.

But this isn't a fight. It's a game. Games are "fair" and "balanced" and you can do insane asspulls and all kinds of tactics and stalls. Plus there is a strong random element.
>>
I knew a guy who only played stall. Completely horrible person in real life, the absolute worst blend of autism and psychopath.
>>
File: 565998686.jpg (37 KB, 352x375) Image search: [Google]
565998686.jpg
37 KB, 352x375
>>25543922
I actually agree.
>>
I just enjoy playing video games 2bh familia
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.