[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it ever explained in the games how the Elite Four members
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Elite_Four_PO.png (2 MB, 1075x1280) Image search: [Google]
Elite_Four_PO.png
2 MB, 1075x1280
Is it ever explained in the games how the Elite Four members get their job?
They're supposedly the best trainers in the region besides the champion, but how do you measure that? Who did they have to beat to prove themselves? Are they all past champions?
If the champion is replaced, does he become an E4M and then the lowest E4M has to leave? Or does the current champion have the power to invite anyone who beat him to replace an E4M?
They can't just be contestants in a tournament, because it's always the same four in the same order with personalized rooms.
>>
File: primaandhergiantspikyclam.png (323 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
primaandhergiantspikyclam.png
323 KB, 640x480
All I know is Lorelei got some tig ol bitties
>>
>>25536144
In the manga they established that there is a tournament held whenever the institute a new Pokemon League. The winner becomes Champ and the 4 runner ups become the Elite Four Runner ups 5-12 become gym leaders.

After that future Gyms Leaders are decided by those who were put in charge of the Gym however the positions of Elite Four members can be contested either in yearly tournaments or one stepping down.
>>
>>25537405
>"the manga"
>>
File: silph.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
silph.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
>>25536144
The Elite Four are the strongest (Type) Masters in the region who have made themselves available to take the position.
Anyone who has defeated the Elite Four is a Champion, but they have no obligation to take or defend any official title or position.
The Indigo League is not known to have had an active Champion in RBY/FRLG, and neither Red or Blue took the Champion position afterward despite both being clearly stronger than Lance even when he holds the title in GSC/HGSS.
In Unova, Alder was "the champion" but he hadn't been active for many years before BW, left the Elite Four to "defend the Pokémon League" themselves and did not face any "serious" challengers for that time, nor did anyone else claim the title.
>>
>>25537986
What the fuck else do you want? There is obviously no information on this in the game, anything else posted will just be "headcannon" bullshit.
>>
>>25536144
Everything is an empty slate, to start with something, the Pokemon League (the official recognition body) assess random trainers, people of stature and what not, even commoners to see if they have the strength to fill the initial spots.
>>
>>25538630
It's just that referring to Special as "the manga" isn't necessarily the proper way to refer to it.
>>
>>25537252
That's not Lorelei, that's Prima
>>
>>25538681
Who is Lorelei and Prima?
Anyway, that's Kana desu
>>
In the PokeSpe manga, after Wallace beats Steven to become champ, there's a scene where they discuss Steven being demoted to the E4, with the lowest ranking E4 member being removed entirely.

Choice also has a lot to do with it, since Red obviously ditches his post, as did Wallace, but I think it's pretty clear that beating the E4 gets you in.
>>
>>25536144
Who was the Champion before Blue? Was it Lance and when he was demoted they had to temporarily kick Will out?
>>
>>25537986
>greentexting and quotation marks at the same time
Lurk more newfag.
>>25538677
Nobody really cares. Pokespe is easily the most famous one so it should be no confusion when people write "the manga"
>>
Don't know about the rest, but I do know that all of the gym leaders in black and white had to have second jobs, the Elite Four included.

Figures for a region based on America LOL

Though if I remember correctly Brycen and Drayden/Iris didn't. Same with Caitlyn and Grimsley, but they could both be living on their winning from previous ventures (Caitlyn worked the Frontier, Grimsley was a gambler)
>>
>>25536144
Whatever happened to Lorelei and Agatha after RBY/FRLG?
>>
>>25539840
Lorelei went back to 4(?) island.
Agatha is dead
>>
>>25539698
Yeah that's kinda how I pictured it, especially since Lance was acting like a champion during your journey running around Hyper Beaming Team Rocket.
>>
I want a game where after you become champion instead of infinite more battles with the elite four I want infinite battles with random trainer classes of would-be champions.
>>
You will never
-defend your seat as the champion
-choose your allies in the elite 4
-start your own gym
-remove the need for HMs
-best the very best
>>
>>25540095
That was in GSC, 2 years after RBY. He was explicitly the Champion there.
>>
>>25539920
She was dead the whole time. She died years before rby take place.
>>
>>25540127
Eh, I did most of that in ORAS.
>>
>>25540127
>Pokemon League Simulator never

It hurts, man.
>>
I was under the impression there was no such champion beyond the Elite 4 until Blue swiped the role under your nose. It was just the Elite 4 since through out the game, they were being hyped up as the final bosses

Then every game from GSC onward had a Champion after the Elite 4 because muh tradition. Why not call it the Elite 5 then if there's 5 members? Then again, I think most Champions are supposed to be plot twists where the character who shows up a lot during your adventure turns out to be one of the strongest Pokemon trainer in the game
>>
>>25539812
Drayden was the Opelucid mayor.
>>
>>25540160

I literally got the same feelings in gen I games.

I think that the champion is not supposed to be a plot twist, just a leader of the E4
>>
>>25540135
Yeah I got em mixed up, somebody please call me a retard.
>>
>>25540127
B-But why not senpai?
>>
>>25539812
Straighton Gym Triplets were waitors, Lenora held a museum, Burgh was an artist, Elesa a fashion model, Clay owns a mining business I believe, Skyla is a pilot, Brycen was an actor and goes back to being one in BW2, Drayden is the mayor, Iris is the only Gym Leader without a secondary job in the first game, Cheren's is being the Gym Leader, Roxie plays bass in a band, and Marlon exists

I remember them so distinctly because the puzzles of their gyms and now active they were in personality just made them really memorable
>>
>>25539698
I had always guessed it was Professor Oak based on the unused code in the game along with the email you can find on his PC in the lab, but he had gotten so old he no longer cared to defend his title.
>>
>>25540214
So he decided to pass it off to his grandson, provided he beat the elite four?
>>
>>25540265
No Blue worked hard for that on his on volition!
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.