[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GameFreak is so retarded they keep making bulky Ice types
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: mega_avalugg_by_trxpics-d99s0j1.png (893 KB, 1600x1450) Image search: [Google]
mega_avalugg_by_trxpics-d99s0j1.png
893 KB, 1600x1450
>GameFreak is so retarded they keep making bulky Ice types with poor typing
What they need to do is make a defensive Ice/Steel mon and all would be right.
>>
>>25535350
It would need Flash Fire as an ability and to be partnered with Gourgheist for Trick-Or-Treat.
>>
>x4 weakness to fighting and fire
>>
>>25535350

4x weak to Fire
4x weak to Fighting

no thanks
>>
>>25535350
>What they need to do is make a defensive Ic--
stopped reading right there
>>
>>25535350
I still don't understand why Ice is weak to Rock and Fighting.

Steel shouldn't be weak to fighting either, Rock, I guess but not steel.
>>
>>25535350
It's ok, guys. It looks like it has fur coat.
>>
>>25535350

Why not let Ice resist water or something?

Barring that, why don't we have a super speedy glass cannon Ice Pokemon based off of an ice skater?
>>
>>25535548
something something insurgence did it
>>
>>25535350

>muh ice/steel mega

Stop being retarded. Avalugg is an embodiment of ice. Anything but pure ice defeats the purpose.

It eats physical SE moves for lunch. Weaknesses don't matter at that point. Literally all it needs is:

Mega Avalugg
Ice
+100 SpDef
Unaware

Now it's a true fucking wall that can't be boosted on, and can freely boost+recover on opponents.
>>
>>25535629
Avalugg's X and Omega Ruby PokéDex entry:
>Its ice-covered body is as hard as STEEL. Its cumbersome frame crushes anything that stands in its way.
>>
>>25535654

Hard as steel =/= steel type. Glalie's inner core is made of rock.

Steel would hurt it far more than it would ever help it. Again, stop being retarded.
>>
>>25535629

/thread
>>
>>25535676
But Steel typing would remove its Stealth Rock weakness and make it a more viable Rapid Spinner.
>>
>>25535692

You don't know shit about competitive. Stop posting.
>>
I always wanted a super tanky Ice/Fighting type that could use Avalanche and Revenge effectively.
>>
>>25535350
You're on the right track op ignore all the shitposters, just give it an ability like mega venusaur except fighting/fire instead
>>
>ember
>>
>>25535629
You're retarded if rocks are on the field +100 spdef and def won't matter he'll be crippled just for a fighting or fire type to take it out
>>
File: Winter.jpg (623 KB, 958x1163) Image search: [Google]
Winter.jpg
623 KB, 958x1163
>>25535350
ohshitnigger it's FIXING ICE TIME

>>Ice (Type)
>Super-effective against Flying, Ground, Grass, Dragon
>Not-very-effective against Steel, Fire, Ice, Rock
>Weak to Fighting, Rock, Steel, Fire
>Resists Ground, Bug, Ice, Grass, Dragon

>>Freeze (status)
>A Frozen Pokémon cannot use moves and takes 1/8th of its maximum HP in damage each turn it remains Frozen
>Pokémon will remain Frozen for one turn, have a 25% chance to thaw on the second turn, a 50% chance to thaw on the third turn, and will thaw on the fourth turn

>The moves Blizzard, Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, Ice Punch and Icy Wind now have a 20% chance to Freeze (Freeze-Dry's chance doubled against Water-types)
>Ice-type Pokémon cannot be Frozen
>Pokémon with the Abilities Magma Armor and Flame Body cannot be Frozen
>A Frozen Pokémon that uses or is hit by a Fire-type move will thaw immediately
>Pokémon cannot be Frozen while harsh Sunlight is in effect, and will unthaw at the end of the turn it takes effect

>>Hail (weather)
>At the end of each turn, all non-Ice-type Pokémon take 1/16th of their maximum HP in damage
>Increases the Defense of Ice-type Pokémon by 50%
>All Ice-type moves gain 10% increased chance to Freeze
>>
File: 901328463287.jpg (25 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
901328463287.jpg
25 KB, 250x272
>>25536199
>resists Grass
Enough with this meme
>>
>>25536199
oh shit ice body leftover max spd glaceon is now ou
>>
>>25536199

>resists ground, bug, grass, dragon

how about you explain first?

Also to fix ice types, all that is needed is to MAKE MORE OFFENSIVE ICE TYPES! THAT'S LITERALLY IT!
>>
Ice is fine retard, the best Ice type is Greninja or Mamoswine
>>
>>25535397
In Karate you they break ice with their fists.

Rock easily smashed ice.
>>
File: 7209483295346.jpg (11 KB, 180x222) Image search: [Google]
7209483295346.jpg
11 KB, 180x222
>>25536233
>Mamoswine
>not Weavile
>>
What would objectively be the BEST type combo with Ice?
And as stated already, it's not Steel.
>>
>>25536199
>Resists grass and bug

WILL YOU FUCK OFF, MASUDA
>>
>>25536221
>>25536295
Ideally Bug and Grass would also be fixed to not be resisted by literally fucking half the Types for absolutely no reason.
At least give me the Ground and Dragon resist.
>>
>>25535350
The problem is there is no good defence moves.
Make all defensive moves have priority, then we will talk.
Wulfric says some glorious words on that: Y'know what? Ice is both extremely hard and terribly fragile at the same time. You know what that means? Depending on which Pokémon you choose and what moves they use, I could be your most challenging opponent yet or I could be a total pushover. But that's all right. That's how it should be!
>>
>>25536284
Ice/Ground has perfect neutral coverage on everything but levitating steel and fire types.

Defensively though, I think mono-ice is the best. Anything else just adds more weaknesses than subtracts. For example, Ice/Fighting makes steel and rock neutral but adds psychic, flying, and fairy weaknesses. That being said, the average flying type fears ice.

Ice/ghost adds dark and ghost weaknesses but eliminates fighting.
>>
>>25535350
Ice type now resists Grass, Flying, and Dragon.

Steel is no longer Super effective against Ice.
>>
>>25536284
Defensively?
Ice/Water, traditionally.
Ice/Electric is potentially at least as good, if it's fast with good Water-type coverage.

But it's literally impossible to get an Ice-type with under 4 weaknesses, without Ability shenanigans.

>>25536425
If you're going to get rid of a weakness Rock would make much more sense than Steel.
>>
>>25536306
Why does Fairy resist Bug? Shouldn't Fairies be scared of Bugs for being all icky and shit?
>>
>>25536508
I assume it's because Fairies can use Bugs as slaves for transportation?
>>
>>25536389
Water/Ice trades fire and steel for grass and electric weaknesses, so that's an improvement I guess.

Ice/Dragon I think may be the best. Ice neutrality, weakness to fairy and dragon for fire neutrality, water, grass, electric resists. So it actually gains one resist.
>>
>>25536508
Gardevoir is the only reason.
Kind of like fire resisting fairy and Charizard.
>>
How to fix Ice Type
>Super Effective against Water
>Get rid of Fighting and Rock weakness
>>
>>25536508
I'd rationalize it as Fairy being the ultra-Nature type and Bugs being the weakest part of nature or some bullshit like that
Gamefreak just hates Bug.

No reason for Bug to be resisted by more than Flying, Rock, Steel and Fire. Maybe Ice.
>>
>>25536561
I think it was to stop big meta moves that didn't really have a great counter, like U-Turn
>>
>>25535350
I DON'T USE THIS WORD OFTEN BECAUSE YOU GUYS OVERUSE IT, BUT THAT THING IS EDGY AS FUCK. SERIOUSLY, LOOK AT ALL THOSE EDGES.
>>
>>25536221
Ice is super cold and freezes shit
Regice not freezing grass or water is dumb
ice gets water frozen unless it's like scald or something

Ice resisting grass wouldn't be too unrealistic shitter
>>
>>25536687
Ice is already super effective against Grass. It doesn't need to resist it as well. Grass already suffers enough as it is.
>>
>>25536699
grass and ice suffer equally I'd say
Grass types at least can be super bulky in the meta and even have some uses like Mega Ven or ones like Breloom celebi ferrothorn serperior etc.
How many ice types can you name that'd be OP in the smogon OU/Uber line up outside of weavile the past 3 gens

I don't think there's any good ice types used in VGC, just the genies salamence and aegislash thrown in every single team with the occasional amoongus ludicolo etc.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.