[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw delibird is higher tier than articuno
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 225.png (13 KB, 236x308) Image search: [Google]
225.png
13 KB, 236x308
>yfw delibird is higher tier than articuno
>>
>>25531716
they are the same tier you stupido
>>
>>25531774
>NU and PU is the same tier
since when?
>>
>>25531784
>pu existing
>>
>>25531829
>your dad existing
>>
>>25531926
>you
>>
>>25532142
>
>>
>>25531784
>Delibird is in NU
The actual fuck are you on? Are you legitimately retarded? Are you truly illiterate? Were you just guessing what those strange symbols on the flashing funbox said?
>>
>>25532304
>Nerd rage
>>
>>25532457
>meme arrows to disprove argument
>>
>>25532457
>being correct is "nerd rage"
Man, Tauros is my favourite ice type digimon! What is yours?
>>
>>25532473
>more meme arrows
>>
While we're on the topic, what the fuck is the difference between BL, BL2, and BL3?
>>
>>25532565
They're banlists for the tier below them. Diggersby only has enough usage for UU. But, it is too powerful, so was banned to BL. Basically, you can only use BL Pokemon in the tier above them. Diggersby in OU, Dragalge in UU etc.
>>
>>25532614

>basically, you can only use BL pokemon in the tier above them

So why even have the list at all? Why not just commit them to the right tier?
>>
>>25531716
Delibird has got to be one of my favorite Pokemon designs ever and it's a shame that its stats are so terrible. It was pretty cool that they made him so OP in the manga.
>>
>>25532684
i asked this on showdown they basically couldnt answer me
>>
>>25532684
It's because of the usage stats autism. If you went by pure usage stats, then some Pokemon would be in UU, but would absolutely dominate the tier.
>>
>>25532684
>>25532721
The reason the BL tier exists is because those pokemon are simply far too strong for the tier below.
For example, Dragalge wasn't used much in UU but it tore RU a new one, basically forcing people to run Bronzong or another special wall just to deal with it, so it got banned from RU and put into the banlist for the tier, BL2.
>>
>>25532778
Which is literally just the next tier up. Them labeling a Pokemon BL doesn't make any difference from if you made it OU.
>>
>>25532778
A BL Pokemon is no different from an OU Pokemon in the eyes of most people. Tiers should be based on viability rather than usage stats, with usage being a key factor in deciding what tier a Pokemon belongs to.
>>
>>25532816
hm at least you see that it doesnt get used much in the tier it should be in
>>
>>25532816
But it's not over used. Just too strong for UU.
>>
>>25532849
I can see where you are coming from but viability is a lot harder to base tiers around than usage; especially considering how many pokemon there are. Additionally, usage in a way lets the players in a way have a slight influence on where a Pokemon is placed. Plus, who would be in charge of judging viability? I can guarantee you if Pokemon were tiered based on viability there would be so many arguments that X pokemon is too weak for A tier and that Y pokemon is too overpowered for B tier.
>>
>>25532684
Because tiers are defined by usage rates, and those Pokemon don't have the usage rate to be in the next tier up.
>>
>>25532938
>>25532849
Thing about Smogon is that it's metagames constantly change and adapt, which lead to new Pokemon being ranked higher in viability rankings. For instance, things like Gastrodon or Mega Pinsir, while not OU, are A rank in the viability rankings because of the current state of the meta.

Simply put, to rank Pokemon by viability would be too chaotic. You'd have changes every week.
>>
>>25532486
>implying patamon isn't best Digimon
Die
>>
>>25534817
Patamon isn't ice type tho it's fairy/flying
>>
>>25534911
Haha my b man!
>>
>>25534817
>patamon
>Not Tentomon
>Or Gomamon
Patamon's still nice, just not best.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.