[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"You shouldn't catch missingno. He will screw up your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: caught missingno.jpg (59 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
caught missingno.jpg
59 KB, 400x240
"You shouldn't catch missingno. He will screw up your game."
>>
>>25530391
That was always bullshit and everyone knows it.
>>
>>25530391
Fucking underage imbecile. Missingno is harmless, M' on the other hand...
>>
>>25530428
I've had to explain that to so many people. Twice on facebook within an hour, in a pokemon group. baka
>>
>>25530391
>not using strength on the truck to capture legendary mew
>>
Can't wait for MissingNo. to show up in SuMo

>tfw Bird Type returns
>>
>>25530720
kek I never heard that one until I heard someone on the internet say it was just an unsupported rumor. Still no idea why that truck is there.
>>
>>25530391
>>25530419
>>25530428
>>25530665
Missingno. will still fuck up your game if you mess with it in the PC or try trading it. Just catching it is harmless, and using it in battle is okay, but pretty much anything else is bad news. If you tell people it's okay to catch it, they inevitably end up doing the other stuff and fucking up their save.
>>
>>25530735
I would love to see that
>the mysterious Pokémon Missingno is the responsible for all the changes that happen in the universe
And bang! GF has an explanation for any retcons and changes they want to do
>>
>>25530827
>Underage fag catches missingno
>Missingno gains a level
>It evolves into Kangaskhan
>Nothing bad happens
Fuck off.
>>
>>25530428
Doesn't M evolve in Kangaskhan?
>>
>>25530860
Why are you being so belligerent, friend?
>>
>>25530827
>If you mess with it in the PC
Wrong. M' will softlock the game if you try to withdraw it but that's it.
>Trading it
Nope, still safe.

The ONLY glitch Pokemon that can fuck your shit up are those with invalid moves that make the RAM do stuff it's not supposed to. Missingno. is not one of those.
>>
>>25530720
>>25530756
https://youtu.be/4tmXlEP-FOQ

>>25530391
Catching Missingno. is only bad if you have more than 4 pokemon in your party.
As long as you have 4 or less in your party, he's safe to catch.
If you have 5-6 and try to catch him and either of its two parts are sent to the PC, shit gets real.
>>
>>25530827
I hadn't heard anything about it being unsafe to trade or move in the PC. Bulbapedia doesn't mention anything either. Care to elaborate or provide a link?
>>
>>25530919
Missingno behaves differently in Yellow than in Red/Blue. Is that the Missingno you're referring to? It's not as safe in Yellow.
>>
>>25530919
Sorry, no idea why the timestamp for the jump forward didn't apply.

Go to 19:36 for the relevant part.
>>
>>25530919
What the fuck are you talking about? Missigno is perfectly fine.
>>
>>25531127
I have no idea unless he means Yellow's Missingno. I'd heard something about it having 2 parts but it might have been something else.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/MissingNo.#Yellow_normal_form
"They also cause glitches that MissingNo. in Red and Blue do not. If caught, they will cause graphical glitches, possibly rendering the player invisible and making duplicates of the player, and all other on-screen characters walk in random locations on the screen after battle."
>>
>>25530919
What's up with the laugh tracks?
>>
>>25530919
>childhood was a lie
>become an adult
>learn it wasn't a lie

I'm gonna buy a Mew sticker and put it on my truck.
>>
>>25530428
>>25530428
'M isn't so bad if you evolve it into Kangaskhan AND NEVER EVER box it as 'M
>>
>>25530919
That's 'M you're thinking of.
>>
>>25530391
Missingno messes with the Hall of Fame permanently if you store it in the PC. At least it happened to me with a physical cartridge.
>>
>>25530391

It does ruin the hall of fame though. Anyone know a way to fix that or a work around?
>>
am i the only one who called it missingo?
>>
What happens if you try put Missingno, M' or whatever else exists in R/B/Y into the Pokebank?
>>
>>25533234
We don't know yet since the PokeTransfer for RBY won't be out til SunMoon release.

My guess is it'll disallow it like how it disallows poorly hacked pokemon.
>>
>>25533257
I'm hoping Gamefreak have specifically coded for Missingno. and when transfered becomes a virus-like legendary Pokemon.
>>
>>25533319
and/or that Bird type confirmed in SM?
>>
>>25533319
When transferred it becomes a Porygon holding Porygon-Z's mega stone.
>>
>>25532931
yes
>>
>>25530840
They already did that with Hoopa.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.