[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psyduck and Golduck are DUCK Pokémon. >but they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: golduck_by_xous54.png (85 KB, 390x518) Image search: [Google]
golduck_by_xous54.png
85 KB, 390x518
Psyduck and Golduck are DUCK Pokémon.

>but they don't have wings!
Neither do Combusken and Blaziken, i guess they're not chickens now, right?
>but they don't have feathers!
Did you ever PET a Psyduck or Golduck? No, so you don't know if they have feathers or not.
>they can't even fly!
Chickens can fly but Blaziken can't. Vultures can fly but Vullaby can't. Ostriches can't fly but Dodrio can.

Just face it, they're DUCKS. They are not platypi, we don't have a platypus Pokemon yet. In terms of behaviour they're closer to ducks, and even then they're literally ducks with arms instead of wings. We have duck Pokémon, not platypus Pokémon.
>>
>>25529763
>in terms of behavior
Yeah, I guess ducks do typically exhibit more psychic abilities than platypi.
>>
But that's not a duck, that's literally me!
>>
>>25529763
I wasn't aware that Psyduck and Golduck actively rape each other on a regular basis.
>>
Sharks and Dolphins are both fish.
Darmanitan is not a primate.
>>
>pokémon can't be based on more than one thing
>>
I will agree that Psyduck is a duck but Golduck is obviously a Platypus. The 'duck' in its name is to fit with Psyduck
>>
>Psyduck is not Psychic-type
>Golduck is blue
Can we get an M-Golduck to fix this shit?
>>
>>25529905
You're not supposed to be aware of that. There's a reason the Daycare say they don't know the details of the egg's arrival.
>>
>Psyduck isn't Gold-uck
>Golduck isn't even gold
>Neither are Psychic types
Does Game Freak legit give any sort of fucks about these Pokemon? Does anybody? These two are bottom-of-the-barrel Kanto shitmons that serve no purpose but as Dex filler when there are so many other, better Water types in the generation they were introduced in. Hell, the only Water types that I think might be worse than Golduck is Seaking which at least had a shitty meme 10 years ago
>>
>>25530170
Eh they got better over the years with the naming but the gen 1 names are really poor.
I mean
Pony-ta
Star-yu
Porygon is literally just Polygon in engrish.
>>
>>25530134
>implying it's not because they literally appear out of nowhere
There's no way an adult and high-profile Pokemon expert like Cynthia would be so shocked to see the very moment an egg is brought into the world in the HG/SS Arceus event. Eggs literally do appear out of thin air.
>>
>>25530241
>fennek-in
literally a fennec fox with "in" on the end. A majority of pokemon names are like that anon.
>>
>>25529961
>Dolphin
>fish
>>
Golduck is based on a Kappa which is why it has webbed feet and a beak but no wings. Kappas are basically humanoid reptilian duck monsters.
>>
>>25531741

Kin is for kindle retard
>>
>>25532538
you forgot it's usually depicted with turtle like elements such as a shell.
>>
>>25532600
They're saving the shell and bald spot on head for Golduck's mega.
>>
>>25530118
i'm pretty sure psyduck is gold because japanese culture associates psychic powers with gold.
golduck's name is beyond me though
>>
>>25532538
GreyFace
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.