[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How big is the Hoenn region? Seeing as how you can cross Hoenn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Hoenn_E.jpg (46 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
Hoenn_E.jpg
46 KB, 500x325
How big is the Hoenn region? Seeing as how you can cross Hoenn in a matter of seconds when riding Latios/Latias I can't imagine it's too big.

I always thought the regions in Pokemon were about the size of large islands...

Somebody good at math calculate its size!
>>
>>25528933
I'd say the biggest are

Unova (BW2 one) > Sinnoh > Kalos > Hoenn > Kanto > Johto > Sevii islands
>>
>>25528974
I could agree, but...

...that doesn't answer my question.
>>
Just spriter's resource the entire ow map and calculate the tiles you can walk on
Sinnoh's the largest and it's followed by either Unova or Hoenn.
>>
>>25528974

Kalos is canonically the biggest. We haven't even seen the southern area and the place already has three regional dexes.
>>
>>25528933
Well Mega Latios and Latias both have a Speed stat of 110 so you would need to take that into account when flying on them too. Not to mention that according to Latios' Dex entries it is faster than a jet plane which typically fly at Mach 2 speeds with the fastest jet plane going at speeds of 2,275 mph. Hoenn could easily be big but seem quite small when flying on a Pokemon that surpasses Mach 2 speeds.
>>25528974
Actually Unova would be the smallest region when you think about the size of their real life counterparts. Unova is based on the Manhatten and New York City areas of New York, Kalos being the biggest region due to it being based on North France, France being the size of about 7 US states.
>>
>>25529296
>>25529142
>canonically
To what? Obviously not actual game size
>>
>>25529296
Yeah, they're fast but...you can't cross a continent like North America in a matter of seconds even if you're moving at 2,200+ MPH.
>>
>>25529348

In terms of lore.

No idea what's the biggest when it comes to gameplay. The obvious place to start would be to count the number of cities and routes, then somehow count how many traversable tiles they all have.
>>
>>25528933
35,640 square kilometers.
>>
I'm looking for an actual size here...like in miles or kilometers.
>>
>>25529296
>france
>size of 7 US states
I'm pretty sure even our smallest 7 states put together would be way fucking bigger than France.
>>
>>25529440
No you definitely can't but Hoenn also isn't the size of North America, if going off where it's based on it's a little bigger than New York. I guess you would really need to calculate how long it takes to get from one end of Kyushu to the other to see how long it takes to travel across Hoenn using the Soar mechanic.
>>
>>25529507
How'd you get that number? If that number is correct it's slightly smaller than Texas.
>>
File: Roselia.jpg (171 KB, 613x600) Image search: [Google]
Roselia.jpg
171 KB, 613x600
>>25529577
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyushu
Being autistic about this is an exercise in futility.
There is absolutely no defined or consistent way of measuring the size of any region. The player character, a child/teenager, can cross any of them from end to end in less than half an hour traveling on foot. The overworld itself is an abstraction, nearly every building is significantly larger on the inside than displayed on the overworld. You can take Pokédex data at face value and say "Lati@s or Pidgeot can fly at mach speed" but that's also irrelevant when there's nothing to indicate they're actually Soaring/Flying at that speed, Flying is instantaneous no matter what Pokémon is used, and again the overworld is itself an abstraction.
>>
>>25529577
In comparison to Texas, Kyushu (where Hoenn is based on) is VERY small.
>>
>>25529577
>slightly
Slightly less than 20x smaller, yes.
>>
>>25530067
I was saying that if HIS NUMBER was correct. Not saying it is true.
>>
>>25530212
That number is correct.
Kyushu is just over 35k square km, Texas is just under 700k square km.
>>
>>25530243
Holy shit I'm stupid. I was comparing miles to kilometers. God I'm a dumbass.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 900x900
>the Pokémon world is smaller than the earth
>Kerbin is smaller than the earth
>both planets have an active space program
Pokémon X KSP crossover confirmed by Game Freak and Squad
>>
>>25530734
Imagine you have a base orbiting Kerbin and a Deoxys begins attacking it and you have to go EVA and have a battle with it. I think you're a genius.
>>
>>25530734
But...nothing says the Pokemon world is smaller than Earth, mind you. Just that the regions are small. There could be hundreds of small regions on a planet bigger than Earth.
>>
>>25531111
Even better
>Deoxys is secretly the Kraken
Or even better
>the Kraken is a legendary pokémon
>>
>>25529512
He's right though, but only because our smallest states are small as fuck.
>>
File: Europe US comparison.jpg (75 KB, 533x396) Image search: [Google]
Europe US comparison.jpg
75 KB, 533x396
>>25529512
The seven smallest US states put together are about 125k square kilometers. France is around 650k square kilometers, about 50k smaller than Texas.
On the other hand, the average area among the 48 contiguous states is about 170k sq km, and Alaska alone is almost three times the size of France.
>>
File: 1444301624010.jpg (76 KB, 501x624) Image search: [Google]
1444301624010.jpg
76 KB, 501x624
>>25533369

>Alaska alone is almost three times the size of France

And to think it was bought from Russia for just $122 million in today's money.
>>
>>25533921
Yea but France is populated and Alaska is not
>>
>>25529296
Why would unova be the same size as the New York City area? It's based on it but clearly inflated
>>
>>25528933
>Seeing as how you can cross Hoenn in a matter of seconds when riding Latios/Latias I can't imagine it's too big.

You can walk through them in half an hour
Learn to RPG
By anime canon, regions are the size of an european country like France or Germany since it takes a year to tour them on foot
>>
>>25529348
>not reading the explanations literally given in the comments you reply to
bruh
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.