[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT invent interesting mechanics for existing moves which are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: teleport.gif (498 KB, 400x272) Image search: [Google]
teleport.gif
498 KB, 400x272
ITT invent interesting mechanics for existing moves which are currently useless in battle

I'll start

>Teleport
Couple of variations occurred to me on the shitter at work. Teleport now switches the user with a team mate (eg U-Turn, Voltswitch), however as well as selecting the next pokemon, the trainer is able to select a move for it to use as soon as it switches in. So essentially, unlike U-Turn/Voltswitch, the user does not attack, its replacement attacks with any move from its set.

The variation would be a nerf, meaning you are only able to select a move if the pokemon switching in also knows Teleport.

Either variant would allow for fun hijinks. Trainers could potentially have a full team of 6 all with teleport, and cycle through the whole team until the opponent rage quits.

What do you think? Any other ways of making Teleport useful in battle?

Mod your own useless moves and discuss.
>>
I SELF BUMP

WITH NO SHAME IN MY BODY
>>
>>25527888
Easier if it just worked like a psy U-turn. Switching into another pokemon and attacking with a new move the same turn would slow the pace of the game and be too overpowered.
>>
>>25528461
Even with the nerf of the next pokemon also needing to know teleport, taking up a moveslot?
>>
I think it would be neat if bleed damage were a status effect. Just say the pokemon is Wounded instead of bleeding. Moves like Slash, Razor Wind, Cut, etc could have a chance to cause Wound damage. It would work like poison status except the only types immune would be Rock and Ghost.
>>
Run away ignores trapping abilities like shadow tag/arena trap and moves like block or mean look
>>
>>25527888
*teleports behind u*
psssh...nothin personnel...kidchu
>>
>>25528514
Yeah because you are getting a free switch to use a type advantage, that gives them no chance to counter. Not to mention most pokemon that learn teleport can also learn u-turn. So if I switch to another pokemon I could use u-turn and switch again.
>>
>>25528590
Sick, fund it
>>
>>25528527
Wound is actually a pretty good idea. Let's make it pretty much exclusive to dark types and instead of just being poison or burn 2.0 which is boring, wounding moves do less damage than the average attack power, but a percentage of the attack power (varies by move) is unable to be recovered by recovery moves or even potions unless the secondary status is first removed with an new item or moves that remove status effects like Aromatherapy. Unrecoverable hp stacks with every hit from concurrent wounding moves.

This would be a good counter to stall and help dark carve out a bigger niche. Wound damage will display as a dark red bar on the right side of the HP bar to indicate how much wound damage has been taken.
>>
>>25528662
I'd love it.
>>25527888
CHECK'D
That Teleport is a bit OP, make it so that it can't be used twice in a row, even by different Pokemon.
Same thing for Protect, unable to be used on the turn that you're switched in.
>>
Make it so that Teleport makes the user disappear for the rest of the turn, and when the turn's over, the Trainer has to switch it out for another Pokemon. It's a safe switch that doesn't give someone a free attack, assuming the user is faster than the opponent. It would probably have to have its PP cut down from 20 to around 10 or so so it's not centralizing for stalling, and moves with decreased priority like Focus Punch will hit the Pokemon that switched in, and Pursuit will shit on the Pokemon that used Teleport.
>>
>>25528738
I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been done yet. Maybe it's still a little inappropriate for pokemon. Hard to believe when the anime has pokemon seriously injured all the time. On the game's side of things, I can't stress enough, the percentage of wound can't be too big nor the moves too powerful. I played a game that implemented wound damage with it's Archery moves. It was the most broken shit ever, but on the receiving player's end.
>>
>>25528662
Sounds good

How would people feel about something similar to 'wounded' status, where you'd disable opponents physical or special moves for a turn or two? Logic being it would target specific parts of the opponents body, preventing it from using certain moves.

>>25528797
Could be good, sounds weak as shit compared to teleporting to a u-turn on loop tho desu senpai
>>
>>25528824
Pokemon that can learn Teleport are typically pretty fast, and even more typically have pretty sub-par Attack stats so U-Turn wouldn't be very useful beyond just cheesing a tiny hit. It'd give them some bit of leeway in being able to safely switch out and not have to let their ally take the hit for them, unless the opponent(s) used Focus Punch or Circle Throw/Dragon Tail. The idea is that it would be a "safe" switch move, instead of an "attacking" switch move (Volt Switch, U-Turn, Parting Shot), "debuffing" switch move (Parting Shot), or "substitution" switch move (Baton Pass). It also fits in the sense that Abra's notorious for just Teleporting out to leave the battle before you can do anything, instead of doing a hit and run.
>>
>>25528662
So what you are suggesting is more that wound stacks rather than damaging each turn, and just cuts the HP by a set amount.

For example I use Slash it does damage, and part of the damage done will put a block on x% of the hp taken so it can't be recovered until the wound status is removed.

Does that sound about right, or would the wound damage be x% of the overall HP of the pokemon?
>>
Rain Dance could hurt types that are weak to Water and Sunny Day hurts Ice Types.

Also maybe a new move called Cloudy Night that can boost Ghost and Dark.
>>
possible Wound moves

Cut, Slash, Razor Leaf, Razor Wind, Air Cutter, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Air Slash, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw, Psycho Cut, Razor Shell, Sacred Sword
>>
Sky Drop now does triggers hazards on the 2nd turn, ignoring flying or levitate immunity. This gives you another way to stall with Pokemon like Skarmory, Mew, or even Lugia in ubers. It also lets you inflict Toxic Spikes or Sticky Web on Pokemon that are normally immune to them, increasing their validity as well.
>>
File: 1430318945696.png (64 KB, 331x320) Image search: [Google]
1430318945696.png
64 KB, 331x320
>>25529676
>Buffing Water
>Nerfing Ice
>>
Ingrain now absorbs nutrients from any hazards on that side of the field, destroying them and giving a bonus +1/16 health for that turn, per hazard. Hazards can be safely re-applied after the Ingrain has started. Poison spikes can't be absorbed, for obvious reasons.

Surf pushes hazards on the user's side to the opponent's side, ignoring Magic Bounce. As a downside, hazards on the opponent's side get washed away completely.
>>
>>25530282
both would be great
>>
>>25529969
Might as well just make Wound happen after crits. Or do you want to take away the increased crit chance of more than half those moves?
>>
>>25527888
Counter and Safeguard now ignore Type resistances and immunities.
>>
>>25532203
Depends on the move, some I think would need to have their crit nerfed while others would be fine to keep their crit with the wound.
>>
>>25534648
Like what? Slash?
With that, would Farfetch'd be good in NU?
>>
>>25535336
It's speed would still be too low and it's too fragile to stack wound damage.
>>
>>25527888
Make Cut super-effective agaist Grass
>>
>>25528529
10/10 would smogon
>>
Quash
>Makes the target move last and halves damage/effect of their move used.

Splash
>If used in the rain, the move is now essentially a Water version of Vital Throw but can also Soak the target and change their typing after it has been used.

>Happy Hour
If the pokemon using it has max happiness, it will experience a Tailwind effect for five turns and double money.

>Celebrate
Allll of the pokemon's moves will do double damage/have twice the effect but only on the player's birthday.
>>
>>25539952
>all of the top pokemon players suddenly are all born on the same day as the world championships
>>
>splash
Now becomes a combo-move with water sport.
Move wipes out all hazards and does 60 base damage.
>>
>>25527888
Teleport should just be a U-turn with +1 priority and no BP.

I always hated the fact that it just fails...
>>
>>25539965
kek
>>
>>25539952
quash is already useful in doubles
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.