[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If RBY were designed like current gen games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Pokemon-RBY-Ann-3DS-VC.jpg (83 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-RBY-Ann-3DS-VC.jpg
83 KB, 600x338
>The box mascots are be Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres
>The theme of the games are "how far can science go?"
>Bill is a main character experimenting with Pokefusion, the special mechanic of the game
>Mewtwo is now a legendary trio (using his Mega forms as the others) created by Team Rocket using a hybrid of Mew and human DNA
>To fight against the awesome power of Team Rocket's Mewtwos you end up catching your box mascot
>There are 13 legendaries. Mew, the Clone Trio, the Lefendary Birds, Porygon and Aerodactyl as the Science Duo (reviving the extinct and creating the nonexistant), Chansey as a legendary lucky pokemon, Onix as a fearsome mountain serpent, Farfetch'd as a mythic that nobody believes can exist and Pikachu as a cutesy event legendary with a Mega form (Raichu)
>Your rival Blue is only interested in SCIENCE and later becomes super friendly when he learns what disasters science has created
>Blue only has 3 pokemon at the end
>Bill is actually the champion
>We find out how TR is misguided and using unethical research to try to improve the world for future generations, thinking morals restrain progress
>Giovanni learns that morals are good and becomes friends once more with his old childhood companion, Mew, who he'd been attempting to recreate because he misses being an innocent child in a world of wonder
>>
>Pokemon Red Box Art with Moltres instead of Charizard
I didn't know I wanted this
>>
File: st vincent.jpg (36 KB, 636x683) Image search: [Google]
st vincent.jpg
36 KB, 636x683
>>25526210
Why am I still playing this shit?
>>
>>25526210
>Pikachu as event legendary with Raichu mega form

Sounds pretty much spot on.
>>
That's painfully accurate.
>>
>>25526210
Too much Murica censorship fucked up Pokémon
>>
>>25526210
>First two versions have Mew as a legend that Giovanni talks about a lot and Mr Fuji hypothesizes can calm the Clone Trio, but it's hidden in a boring secret place and weaker than them
>Conversations with Mr Fuji and some bits on Birth Island hint at it having a larger role in Pokemon Yellow
>Pokemon Yellow rolls around, and now Articuno and Moltres are fighting because the eruption of Mt Ember has disrupted the weather patterns that keeps them in a balanced check
>zapdos has electric attacks so he can defeat them both

>Nope. The Mew plot is dropped and sensible Zapdos is ignored and you get given legendary Pikachu early on in the game to calm the birds and beat the clones instead.
>>
Now how do you think they would make a second kanto remake?
>>
>more railroading so you're forced to do the gyms in one order
>Blue is more friendly
>every 2 seconds an NPC walks up to you and tells you about where to go
>every Gym Leader only uses three Pokemon at most
>E4 uses four Pokemon at most
>EXP share gives you a shit ton of free exp without even needing to use your Pokemon and everyone else is kept underleveled
>NPC comes up to you and hands you a free mega stone in the middle of the game
>forced to encounter the legendary birds through the story instead of going to optional areas to explore and find them yourself
>safari zone is removed and it's just a regular area
>>
I think that with the legendary birds bumped up to cover legendary, Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar would wind up as the new unimportant legendary trio.
>>
>>25526210
>Something I hate about Gen 6 x 10
Funny and original thread. This is coming from someone who considers Gen 6 rrally mediocre.
>>
Whats the point of turning Mewtwo into a trio if you're going to use the birds as the cover? Just turn the birds into roamers and put Mewtwo/X/Y on the covers.
>>
>>25526210
ITT: yet another salt thread.

This is gr8, m8, i r8 it 8/8.
>>
>>25527204
Is it salt? Or is it just a "how would things be different?" hypothetical? Doesn't seem to me like the legendary ideas listed are painted as bad or unnecessary.

>>25527149
But then why call it Red/Blue/Yellow?

I expect the idea was to paint Mew as a triomaster, like Regigigas, Lugia, Hooh and Arceus or something.

>>25527132
Actually, the "how far should we go with science?" theme and more tightly involving Team Rocket in a way that makes them more than just mafia sounds to me like a good idea. Some of the comments are poking fun, yeah, but I for one would be all for "Bill is an important character exploring the ethical boundaries and progressive implications of new technology".

>>25527103
A second Fire/Ice/Electric trio in the same gen? What would they even represent?
>>
>>25526210
since when was the legendary trio on a box art? never
>>
>>25527383
>R/S/E
>D/P/P
>>
>>25526210
I actually like most of this.
>>
>>25526210
>>There are 13 legendaries. Mew, the Clone Trio, the Lefendary Birds, Porygon and Aerodactyl as the Science Duo (reviving the extinct and creating the nonexistant), Chansey as a legendary lucky pokemon, Onix as a fearsome mountain serpent, Farfetch'd as a mythic that nobody believes can exist and Pikachu as a cutesy event legendary with a Mega form (Raichu)
This is actually pretty nice.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.