[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we please not have another ''Evil team uses box
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 1449994142172.gif (2 MB, 310x325) Image search: [Google]
1449994142172.gif
2 MB, 310x325
Can we please not have another ''Evil team uses box legendary to take over the world'' plotline please? Just make the evil team interesting, and save the main legendary as a post-game reward, so you actually earn it. Thanks.
>>
>>25524854
It's a fucking Pokemon game, play something else if you don't like stories for kids.
>>
N was alright, he should have worked alone and remove team plasma
>>
>>25524864

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>25524864
Dumbass?
>>
>>25524854
IKR Look at the mystery dungeon games! They all have good stories!
>>
Plasma didn't really do that. Ghetsis had some major fucking planning behind his shit from political rallies to raising a child to become the hero of legend as a pawn to his master plan. Even if that failed he still could've probably convinced the world to release their Pokemon through sheer charisma and guilt if he hadn't blurted out his whole plan to all of the region's gym leaders and deflected to become Neo-Rocket in BW2.
>>
>>25524854
It needs to be like Gen 2, where the evil team plotline is kept separate from the box legendary plotline. Apparently GF thinks children can't handle two simultaneous stories, though.
>>
>>25524904
Forgot about that, this is true still the dungeon games seem to always have such amazing stories
>>
>there will never be an evil team where they experiment with Pokerus
>>
>>25524927
>we will never get Colress back so he can go over this and Megas
>>
>>25524864
shoo
>>
>>25524987

>Megas

D R O P P E D
>>
File: effef.jpg (556 KB, 1658x1626) Image search: [Google]
effef.jpg
556 KB, 1658x1626
>>25524854
Do people still believe there will be box legendaries?
>>
My ideal story:

>evil team (lets call them Team Dusk) broadcasts dark energy waves that turn Pokemon against humans

>Team Dusk tries to persuade the human race that Pokemon are finally turning against them, and the only way they can be saved is if they give all their Pokemon to Dusk laboratories so they can be ''fixed''

>in reality, Dusk are trying to steal every last Pokemon in existence, so they can fuse them all into one singular entity capable of destroying universes (links to the ''It All Comes Together'' and possible fusion mechanic) sort of like a Noah's ark premise, only a much grander scale.

>In order to prevent the machines running out of power, Team Dusk use a renewable energy source: The light from the sun, and the lunar energy from the moon. Only a perfect balance between these two forces will work.

>You beat the main villain, before he steals every Pokemon, and all his goons leave

>however, before you can stop the villain, he turns the machine on to perform the fusion

>ohfiddlesticks.jpg

>suddenly, completely without warning, the sun disappears out of the sky/the moon disappears without warning

>you hear the spine chilling cry of a mysterious and powerful Pokemon

>credits roll
>>
>>25525113
Nice meme
>>
>>25525140

i'm not sure if thats really fucking stupid, or the most interesting story idea i've seen

either way, i'd play that
>>
I don't really get why we're at the "evil team takes over the world" being a staple.

Team Rocket was always just some sort of shitty poke mafia that justified blocking out a few routes and why you had to go into the industrial "dungeons". You stopping them was always just sort of something that happened while being a small child going on your journey.

Than it's moved into a themed villain group always tries to harness the power of fucking god to explode the fucking planet and while going about your Pokemon journey you but heads with them in almost every single city and eventually stop their plans.

The weirdest part is that its' not even the final part of the game and leaves the Elite Four always feeling like a climax. You capture Groudon or Palkia or Yveltal and stop pokehitler AND THEN you go fight the Pokemon champion.

I mean I don't really care that it exists beyond the fact it sort of makes the E4 and Champion sort of shit but it's just weird that it's the progression we've reached.
>>
Why not just have an evil team with ambitions directly against the player's?

Like they're trying to abolish the Elite 4 system for some selfish reason?
>>
The Elite 4 are trying to use the box legendaries to take over the world.
>>
>>25525140
>Turns pokemon against humans
You mean Team Cipher?
>>
>>25525588

Team Cipher kidnap individual Pokemon with potential, and then turned them into Shadow Pokemon

Team Dusk turns huge amounts of Pokemon against humans, then uses that as an excuse to kidnap them by ''helping'' them.

There's a considerable difference.
>>
>>25524854
>Evil team uses box legendary to take over the world'' plotline
There's literally no Pokemon game with this plotline. Retard.
>>
File: starebun.gif (999 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
starebun.gif
999 KB, 245x245
>>25525642
>What is Ruby and Sapphire
>What is Platinum
>What is Black and White
>>
File: barm.jpg (6 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
barm.jpg
6 KB, 100x100
>>25525642

>Team Magma want to awaken Groudon and control the planet's landmass

>Team Aqua want to awaken Kyogre to control the planet's oceans

>Team Galactic want to awaken Dialga/Palkia to control all of time and space

>Team Flare want to use the legendary Xerneas/Yveltal to launch a super weapon to start everything over

You're a fucking embarrassment, anon
>>
>>25525642

I've never played a Pokemon game ever: The Post
>>
>>25525004
>>25524894
>>25524883
The funny thing is he's right.
>>
>>25525785

No he isn't.

OP made a comment on story structure, and how it's a similar pattern every time. That doesn't mean they're aiming at children and they can't change it, it means they're doing the same thing over and over. They could make the games even MORE child friendly, and yet still change the narrative structure.
>>
>>25524854
What if they did a total role reversal, where the "evil team" are basically luke those 2012 mayan doomsday believers, and they do "evil" things in order to try and stop the legendary that is trying to destroy everything.
>>
>>25524871
Honestly, I would like another endgame that involves the two box legendary Pokemon battling (be it you and evil team leader or better yet a non-shit rival)
>>
>>25525670
>>25525695
>>25525704
Retarded samefag.

>Rocket: wants money and control Kanto to gain even more money and power
>Neo Rocket: wants Giovanni back
>Magma: wants to expand the land to help people with by using Groudon
>Aqua: wants to expand the land to help Pokemon by using Kyogre
>Galactic: Clueless grunts help their boss in capturing a few legendaries for a better world; legitimately autistic boss want to create a new universe where only he is present
Plasma: Team Rocket 2.0, clueless grunts think they're helping Pokemon by freeing them; boss is Giovanni 2.0 but instead of dominating the region through force it uses a plan that makes people free their Pokemon by themselves so nobody can actually oppose him. Uses an autistic kid with a legendary to slow you down.
Flare: clueless grunts think a better world will help everyone; boss wants to kill people to reduce the use of resources

None of these ever goes into "wants to conquer the world" shit.
>>
>>25525140
>lunar energy
Wat
>>
>>25527100
>Cyrus doesn't wanna rule the world, he just wants to reinvent it as its new ruler
>Ghetsis doesn't wanna rule the world, he just wants to be the only person on the planet with Pokemon so no one can oppose him as its ruler
You sure are stupid.
>>
>>25527100

>samefag

Nice try faggot. Stop embarrassing yourself. I love how you desperately try to word everything and make it seem as if they're not trying to take over the world every time.

>a plan that makes people free their Pokemon by themselves so nobody can actually oppose him
So he wants to take over the world. Okay.

And hey, even if Team Magma/Team Aqua had some crazy idea in mind, it's still the same premise. A crazy criminal team wants to awaken the box legendary to do something inherently bad. It doesn't matter what they want to do, the argument still stands.
>>
>>25527100
Probably just bait, but fuck it.

>My calculations... No! My careful schemes! The world should be mine!

>I am the perfect ruler of a perfect new world!

- Ghetsis in BW

>My plans for complete and total world domination foiled yet again?

Ghetsis, BW2

Now say one more time that he wasn't after world domination.
>>
>>25527281
...he didn't even mention Ghetsis or Team Plasma, though.
>>
>>25527299

Yes he did
>>
>>25527241
>A crazy criminal team wants to awaken the box legendary to do something inherently bad. It doesn't matter what they want to do, the argument still stands.
>Team Piss and Team Shit want to cover the region in piss and shit because they're dicks
>this means they want to take over the world
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.