[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>looking through the list of Pokemon in PU There are few things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: thanks game freak.png (464 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
thanks game freak.png
464 KB, 900x600
>looking through the list of Pokemon in PU
There are few things as pathetic as being a shitmon in the shitmon tier. Why would they do this?
>>
Spore isn't enough to make Parasect worth using in PU?
>>
>>25522442
I like Sunflora and Ariados. Rest are ok to shit.
>>
>>25522595
Spore or no, it's a tier chock full of good grass types and 30 speed is actually awful. Plus it gets destroyed by a lot of the top of PU.
>>
>>25522595
A slow pokemon that dies in one hit is never worth using.
Do you want to use Focus Sash just to put one pokemon to sleep if they don't have hazzards up?
>>
>they could have made a generic 3-stage Route 1 bug
>they could have made a gimmicky route-exclusive shitmon like Spinda or Plusle/Minun
>they could have made something vaguely usable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzA6kMTbUQI
>>
File: 166Ledian.png (700 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
166Ledian.png
700 KB, 1280x1280
>>25522693
Forgot my picture.
>>
>>25522442
>using tiers
>not using spinda in random double battles with arcanine for skill swap
>>
>>25522693
>>25522701
When Fairy type was announced I was hoping it would get a type change to Bug/Fairy which might give it some sort of niche.
>>
File: 1446033463365.png (193 KB, 450x413) Image search: [Google]
1446033463365.png
193 KB, 450x413
>tfw shroom bro will never be good
>>
>>25522442
but i always see Ariados being used as a hazard setter
>>
>using tiers
I'm pretty shit at the game, but I have a PU on my team and it can knock out one or two opponents before dying, there are better options but whatever.
>>
>>25522442
I enjoy all these pokemon.

Well, okay, 7 of them.
>>
>>25522442
I don't know about PU tier, but some of these mons are pretty good in random battles.
I once raped three pokemon in row with Sunflora under the sun.
>dat Chlorophyll + Solar Beam

Spinda is pretty terrifying in Trick Room.
>>
>>25522442
>Carnivine will never ever be good
JUST
>>
Oh Magcargo what did they do to you?

When you were first introduced, you were found at the end of your respective game. You would think that would signify a really powerful pokemon, but poor Magcargo couldnt be worse.
>>
Meganium and Tropius are some of my favorite Pokemon. Fuck.
>>
>>25522442
I always use Tropius in RSE
>>
>>25522595
You could make it work in a rain team, I know I have.
>>
I understand most of them, but why are Meganium and Tropius so bad even in PU? Is it because they're outclassed? Neither ever struck me as truly awful (although they're obviously not good).
>>
File: HeartGold_SoulSilver_Karen.png (71 KB, 297x250) Image search: [Google]
HeartGold_SoulSilver_Karen.png
71 KB, 297x250
Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.
>>
File: 1448578711326.png (5 KB, 158x204) Image search: [Google]
1448578711326.png
5 KB, 158x204
>>25522442
It could be worse, they could be in FU.
>>
>>25524650
I've used furret and Watchog with success before.
>>
I don't even know what kind of mega Meganium would need to give it its own niche to be honest. I swear to god if any of those others get a mega instead of a regular evo I'm going to be pissed. You could give 100 BST to Magcargo and it would still be as good as a regular decent pokemon.
>>
>>25522442
> People still try to use Meganium as a tank

IT'S FUCKING SUPPORTER
>>
>>25524553
I always hate this statement, even when I was a kid. I always felt like there should be Pokemon
"weight" classes. If you fucking love Pokemon, why would you battle with one that will get absolutely obliterated, like sending a kid to fight a heavyweight boxer.
>>
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-341481018
>Meganium defeating Mega Sceptile with Giga Drain
>>
>Magcargo
>parasect
>ariados
My bros
>>
>>25524473
>hey guys what if we make a fire/rock pokemon, it would have 4x ground and water weakness, how does we make him good?
>MAKE IT SLOW AND DEFENSIVE

Game Freak is retarded, they always make defensive and/or slow pokemon with the type combination that have the more weakness, Magcargo,Exeggutor ,most ice type etc...
>>
>>25524791
Is Grass/Psychic really a bad type combo? It doesn't have any 4x, does it?

Oh wait, bug. I guess there are a lot more bug moves nowadays.
>>
>>25524801
U-turn
>>
>>25524684
I'm glad it has some fans. I was a big fan of it as a kid. Its moveset felt super unique to me as a kid.

It still feels super unique. I don't think there's another grass starter like it.

Oh well. Are the other grass starters all hard hitters? Or do people do like Toxic Venusaur and what not?
>>
>>25524813
I wonder in what way is that move a bug move, conceptually. Does its Japanese name mean something insect like?
>>
>>25524828

It's called "round trip" in Japanese, so no.
>>
>>25522442
I've never learned about anything besides ou, ubers, bl, and uu.

I'm guessing it works like this?
Ou>bl>uu>ru>pu>nu?

What exactly are those other tiers after under used and rarely used? Uu means it could be OK in ou, and ru and nu, means it would get shit on in ou right?
>>
>>25524678
A grass/fairy mega evolution would be cool if they give it some fairy move, it can learn grass move ,earthquake,ancient power adding fairy give it a perfect coverage with no pokemon able to resist all of the move.
Or a grass/dragon since it can already learn outrage and dragon Tail but we already have mega-sceptile

>>25524801
It's one of the type combo with 7 weakness, the most you can have
>>
>>25524884
it's actually
OU>UU>RU>NU>PU
With borderlines between each tier.
>>
>>25524841
So, it really should just be a normal move.
>>
>>25524909
How can anything be weaker than Never Used? Holy shit
>>
File: 1278668630761.jpg (308 KB, 849x1025) Image search: [Google]
1278668630761.jpg
308 KB, 849x1025
>>25522442
>5/8 are Grass types
Suffering.
>>
>>25524955
Little Cup
>>
>>25524991
I mean for fully evolved pokemon
>>
>>25524984
i feel you bro
my wishlist:
>give earth power (all fully evolved fire types got solar beam in gen 4)
>box legend
>elite four
>>
>>25522595
I use him in doubles. He is largely outclassed in role by Amoonguss, but he has two things going for him.

1)Wide Guard and rage powder means he has a lot of field control, giving his partner a free setup turn if don't get outpredicted.

2)Most people don't know his moveset beyond spore, meaning that bullet point 1 generally goes in my favor.

I run sash on him and pair him with setup mons or big hitters like Mega Garde.
>>
>>25524991
Hey man, I've used Lv5 Charmander successfully in OU before, don't hate on my bro.
>>
>>25524430
In random battles inly the likes of caterpie and metapod are useless junk. Literally everything is viable. I remember that Lumineon was terrifying if it managed to set up rain.
>>
>>25522442
>Parasect
>Sunflora
>Magcargo
>Ariados
Fuck, man. I love these guys. I hope they get Megas soon.

Magcargo could really benefit from a lesser version of Desolate Land, where water attacks vaporize on it, but it isn't a full weather condition. I'm usually not in favor of dumb/broken abilities, but Magcargo needs the buff and that kind of ability is even supported by its dex entries.
>>
>>25525633
None of them have BST above 500 and none of the are stage 3. Don't hope for a mega, hope for a new regular evolution. Bonus: If that happens you can use eviolite on the old ones for extra laughs. Eviolite would make Magcargo marginally better.
>>
Tropius @ sitrus berry
Ability: Harvest
>Roost
>Giga Drain
>Leech Seed
>Substitute

252 HP
-Atk
252+ Def
4 SpAtk
0 SpDef
0 Spd
>>
>>25524955
NU got so fucking full after 5th gen that there was enough to make an "absolute bottom of the barrel" tier. I have no idea what PU actually stands for aside from what you say when something smells like shit.
>>
>>25522595

It was kind of useful in gen 5 doubles. Rage powder, matches constantly had rain and surf, leech seed, etc.

I don't think gen 5 had wide guard though, right? That's kind of useful too
>>
did any of these pokemon even get the +10 stat boost that gen 6 randomly gave?

parasect needed it either in sp def or at least attack so its attacking moves would be useful

Meganium could have used defense or sp def

Magcargo needed more sp def

tropious, carnivine, and sunflora needed more attack or speed

spinda needed anything

ariados needed more attack
>>
>>25526837
Spinda's stats are all the same I think. Like Porygon or Castform.
>>
>>25526837
>Magcargo needed more sp def
meh, still gets killed by an mud slap or a water gun. special attack boost would be nicer for shell smash sweep
>>
>>25525589
So does it mean that random battles is the superior meta? If every shitmon can be viable here.
>>
File: NEET.jpg (46 KB, 448x486) Image search: [Google]
NEET.jpg
46 KB, 448x486
>>25523012
>Ledian didn't become Bug/Fairy as a sort of counterpart to Ariados' Bug/Poison
>Luvdisc, Alomomola, and Lumineon are all still just Water
>Musharna isn't Psychic/Fairy
>They made Whimsicott Grass/Fairy, but not Lilligant or even Bellosom
>Florges is pure Fairy
I don't think I understand what this type was supposed to be for, aside from giving a weakness to Dark/Ghost combobobs.
>>
>>25526738
>I have no idea what PU actually stands for aside from what you say when something smells like shit.
That's it. That's all it stands for.
>>
>>25524828
>>25524841
Bulbapedia translations are usually Google Translate-tier shit. Its Japanese name means Dragonfly Turnabout.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.