[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OG Teams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: OGTeam.jpg (605 KB, 1581x1051) Image search: [Google]
OGTeam.jpg
605 KB, 1581x1051
Post the first party you had on your first game.
Back when we had no idea how to balance a team
>>
Red Version

Charizard
Raichu
Rhyhorn
Nidoking
Pidgeot
Dewgong
>>
Charizard
Butterfree
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Raichu
Pidgeot
>>
Charizard
Pidgeot
Raichu
Clefable
Lapras
Marowak
>>
Charizard
Pidgeot
Jolteon
Lapras
Farfetch'd
one other filler mon I can't remember
>>
Keep in mind this was 1998 and I was six

Venusaur
Golduck
Gyarados
Pikachu
Pidgeot
Zapdos
>>
>>25521699
>sticking to a specific team as a kid
Dude, I just trained fucking everything I found that looked even slightly cool. By the time I got the the E4, narrowing it down to just 6 was nearly impossible. Blastoise, Nidoqueen, and Victreebell were the only ones in the team that weren't constantly being rotated in and out from a pool of 20+.
>>
>>25521699
16 years have passed, I can't fucking remember
Obviously I had an overleveled Blastoise and maybe a Lapras, but I can't remember the others
>>
>>25524224
Pretty much this
I had one strong starter + whatever I could catch at high level in each new area I arrived
Kinda like Red in Origins

The first game I really build a team and trained it equally was Pearl (Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Gastrodon and Weavile)
>>
>Didnt have a "team" until after the E4.

Charizard (Slash, FireBlast, Fissure, Flamethrower)
Mewtwo (Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Recover, Psychic)
Garados (Blizzard, Hyperbeam, Hydropump, Bite)
*Jolteon (PinMissle, Thunderbolt, Double Kick I think, Thunderwave I think)
*Sandslash (Earthquake, Rockslide, Slash?, SandAttack maybe?
*Chansey (I cant remember what I had for the life of me, as I thought I only had Chansey in Silver version, but Toxic, shields of some sort, Softboiled, and some basic attack, maybe icebeam, since everything was weak to ice in that game)

*these are pokemon that didnt really do well enough in multiplayer, but my top 3 were usually able to sweep most teams, w/o any set ups.
>>
Why is anyone pretending they had a full team of 6, let alone that they could remember it when we all know we focused on 1 or 2 Pokemon the first time we ever played?

Articuno and Nidoqueen was my first team
>>
>>25524288
The OP said 1st team, not 1st time beating the game.

I beat the game with Charizard alone. But after I beat it, I maxed out to Lv100 that night, and started building a team, to beat my friends.

My friends never reached Lv100, but eventually missing no became known next year, and they finally had Lv100s to fight me with.
>>
>>25524288
You had to have four other pokemon to send out when you needed to revive your main pokemon
>>
Venusaur
Pikachu
Pidgeot
Dugtrio
Snorlax
Nidoqueen
>>
Heavy hitters:
>feraligatr
>suicune
>lugia
Electric types were a bitch.

Bench warmers:
>ampharos
>weepinbell (didnt know how to evolve)
>random joke graveler that self-destructed its way into a clutch elite 4 victory.

Now that I think about it, I only used mons that had cool move animations. I remember surf, aero blast, self-destruct, and ice punch perfectly. Gen 2 had great sprite work.

I wasn't a total retard, I knew my team was unbalanced but luck had me end up with a water starter, water-ish legendary, and the only dog I found was the water one and I couldn't get myself to box any of them so I rolled with it.
>>
>>25524288

I had a full team, not everybody was retarded like you.
>>
>>25521699
gen 3 was the first one i finished due to my blue , yellow , silver and crystal getting lost as a child.
>Swampert
>Raichu
>Banette
>Swellow
>Zigs
>>
>>25524288

>>25524309
Here. My 3 main guys were only 10 levels ahead of my 3 shitty guys. I will never understand this stupid "powerleveled my starter" meme. The point was to have a team of cool guys not just one. It's fine if you played that way, but don't insist everyone else did the same. First time I beat the game too, I was six. As for remembering, I guess I'm just autistic.
>>
>>25524282
Before I got far, what I WANTED my team to be;

>Charizard
>Aerodactyl
>Scyther
>Onix
>Garados
>Dragonite
>>
>>25524344
My issue was that I never found any pokemon I liked, except late game, and they were always severely under leveled for what the surrounding trainers were, so I left them in my party, waiting for an opportunity to use them... which never happened.

Got exp share, and saw my whole team get 5 exp each... and said screw that.

Continued on with my only pokemon.
>>
>>25521699
Blastoise
Wigglytuff
Three Jigglypuffs
Flareon
I was a stupid kid that liked cute things. It went about as well as expected.
>>
>>25524299
That is a team. Articuno and Nidoqueen. That counts. Team doesn't mean 6 Pokemon.

>>25524302
They never died.

>>25524329
>ur retarded because you can beat the E4 with 1-2 Pokemon not a team of 6 chodes
>>
>>25521699
I think on my first game I had Charizard, Snorlax, Dugtrio I think, Muk, Pikachu, and Kadabra...
>>
Yellow Version
Nidoking
Pikachu
>>
Venusaur
Nidoking
Zapdos

I can't really remember the rest, but I think I also had a Primape
>>
Venusaur
Raichu
Nidoking
Vaporeon
Wigglytuff
Farfetch'd
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.