[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Deoxys Uber? I have never had trouble with one. Priority
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: Deoxysdppokesafari_2.jpg (37 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
Deoxysdppokesafari_2.jpg
37 KB, 500x260
Why is Deoxys Uber?

I have never had trouble with one. Priority moves, and especially Sucker Punch, should be enough to knock it down to OU or even UU. Can someone explain to me how this thing is banned?

I also don't get why Protean Greninja is Uber, but that one I understand a little more. At least it can survive most priority moves once.
>>
>>25520078
its movepool is ridiculously large. name a pokemon lower than Uber that can switch into deoxys and not get btfo.
>>
>>25520277
All you have to do is make a decent prediction. Send Bisharp in when you know it's not going to use a move super effective to it, then next turn use Sucker Punch. Dead Deoxys.
>>
>>25520277
i bet mandibuzz could handle it. defog. knock off. done.
>>
>>25520078
What I don't get is why is mega mence in ubers. Mence has been stuck in ru and uu for years and now all of a sudden he gets thrown in ubers.
>>
>>25520305
>All you have to do is make a decent prediction.
you do realize this is a shit argument, right? With this logic you could've effectively use any pokemon.
>>25520310
why would you send in mandibuzz when deoxys runs ice beam?
>>
>>25520393
Not a lucky prediction, or a brilliant one, a decent one. Deoxys doesn't commonly carry much that's going to OHKO Bisharp, and Bisharp is only one possible option.

So many Mons carry priority moves that are going to insta-kill Deoxys, and while 150 isn't anything to scoff at, it's more than survivable -once-, and that's literally all you need. Or just switch in a Sturdy/Sash Pokemon.
>>
>>25520441
>Deoxys doesn't commonly carry much that's going to OHKO Bisharp
are you an idiot? Deoxys movesets run either super power or low kick, that's a x4 weakness. you'd have to think twice before throwing your bisharp or t-tar out there.
>So many Mons carry priority moves
and deoxys carries extreme speed, a priority +2
like i said, with a moveset, for example, of psycho boost, extreme speed, ice beam, super power, hardly anything (if anything) is going to be able to safely switch into deoxys. He just hits too hard and has too many answers
>>
>>25520078
Here's Smogon's report on Deoxys-N
Remember that Deoxys-N is the widely accepted shittiest form
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-ou-ban-of-blaziken-and-deoxys-n.3492497/
>>
>>25520590
If you expect it to use Superpower or Low Kick you don't send Bisharp in. Even Smogon, the idiots who banned it in the first place, shit all over the normal forme and say it's horrible in every way for Ubers.

Sturdy/Sash+priority kills Deoxys, without issue. Worst case scenario you lose ONE Mon to it. Send in something near death as a sacrifice and revenge kill the thing. Unless it KO's at least two Pokemon 90% of the time in OU it doesn't deserve to be banned.

As is, it's useless. It's the worst Pokemon in Uber by a mile, meaning it serves zero purpose there but can't be used in a more fitting environment.
>>
>>25520689
9/10 times it will carry the fighting move, dipstick. Not to mention normal forme is literally just attack forme with less attack/special attack.
>>
>>25520735
Carry it, but not necessarily use it. As I said, switch in Bisharp when it's not likely to use Superpower/Low Kick. It's always going to have Psycho Boost, so send it in on that. Extreme Speed will hurt but not kill Bisharp, but Sucker Punch -will- kill Deoxys.
>>
>>25520769
SuckerPunch will fail if deoxys uses extremespeed, faggot.
>>
>>25520769
Sucker punch will fail after extremespeed.
If predictions are what matter, then deoxys can outplay sucker punch every turn.
>>
>>25520689
>horrible in every way for Ubers.
>for ubers
>ubers

>Sturdy/Sash+priority kills Deoxys, without issue.
list of OU pokemon who run sash priority:

>Send in something near death as a sacrifice and revenge kill the thing
I hope you have a pursuit trapper. "deoxys, come back!" :^)

>>25520769
dude, what about +2 dont you understand?
>>
Well, there are 2 standard sets for it that I could see Deoxys-N running in OU.

Suicide Lead (Deoxys) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes / Taunt
- Psycho Boost
- Fire Punch

or...

Sweep/Wallbreak (Deoxys) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
- Thunderbolt

With some of the coverage moves tailored to fit your team's weaknesses, Greninja style. That was just the moves that jumped out at me as being best for what I typically run.

So, is there anything that can reasonably handle this sort of thing?
>>
>>25520840
Weavile runs sash+priority and pursuit, nerd
>>
>>25520856
Oof, forgot the physical bias version

Deoxys Sweeper (Deoxys) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
>>
>>25520868
DAMN ONE POKEMON, PLEASE MOVE DEOXYS TO PU
1. most people use life orb on weavile in this meta
2. pursuit fights with poison jab and low kick for weavile's 4th moveslot, hardly anyone uses it.
3. seeing as weavile would be a revenge killer in this scenario, having to sacrifice 2 pokemon to takedown a deoxys is not an effective strategy
4. One pokemon running a niche set just to take down one pokemon is centralizing the meta and would lead to a ban anyway
>>
>>25520078
>Attack is one of the most punishing pokemon in the entire game
>Speed and Defense guaranteed to fuck up your opponent's team with status and indirect damage
>Normal is Attack that can survive a Fake Out without a Sash in exchange for firepower

>>25520441
You run Deoxys WITH Bisharp, not against it. Bisharp is not built to keep hazards from going up, and by the time it deals with whichever Deoxys form it was sent out against its already too late.

Mega Sableye would have been a much closer check, though some will run Skill Swap to mitigate Magic Bounce if necessary
>>
>>25520676
Can you link me the one for mega Salamence? I tried searching but couldn't find it.
>>
>>25520689
>It's the worst Pokemon in Uber by a mile, meaning it serves zero purpose there but can't be used in a more fitting environment.

Ubers is not a real tier. It's a ban list of things too powerful for ou.
>>
>>25520976
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/salamencite-is-now-banned-to-ubers.3523082/
>>
>>25520393
>With this logic you could've effectively use any pokemon.

thats the idea smogon fag
>>
>>25520994
Thank you! How did you find this so quickly?
>>
>>25520990
That doesn't disqualify his statement. Also Ubers is a tier since Mega Rayquaza was voted out, or Moody if you wish to be technical.

>>25520689
>Sturdy/Sash+priority kills Deoxys, without issue.
Just to beat Deoxys? Are you familiar with opportunity cost?
>>
>>25521020
>hurr smogon fag
If you have to rely on your opponent playing shitty then you'll never go as high as you want. Some pokemon are just very good, and deoxys is one of those pokemon. It's that simple.
>>25521091
1. google "mega salamence banned"
2. click first link
>>
>>25521126
it's not relying on your opponent playing shitty, its you outplaying them
>>
>>25521126
I was using the search function on smogon.
>>
>>25521020

just play on cart if smogon makes you so buttmad you manbabby
>>
>>25521236
it doesn't, the culture does tho
i use showdown for easy competitive mons
>>
"I've never had trouble with one" Man, I hate when people say this, because most likely they are playing against below average cart players that aren't very good
>>
>>25520305
Nice so you run Bisharp on every team?
>>
>>25521279
Don't Smogon threads have a bingo with those types of phrases on it
>>
>>25520078
>why is Deoxys banned
Deoxys-S and D control hazards like no other pokemon, A is literally the hardest hitter in the game, and N, while the weakest, is basically mega Alakazam that can hold an item

>>25520349
Literally look at every fucking showdown battle pre ORAS with mega mence, after 1 DD most teams were instantly swept

This is a bait thread anyway but whatever, not like good discussion happens away
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.