[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been out of the loop since gen 3. What did I miss?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
I've been out of the loop since gen 3.
What did I miss? Are the games still shit? I heard there was a fairy type now.
>>
Nice troll
>>
>>25519059
What do you mean?
>>
Yes, there's a fairy type.
It's shit. It's basically a grab bag of cute and popular pokemon from previous gens.
Just play Gen V and forget all your worries for a bit and you'll be good.
>>
>>25519424
>Just play Gen V and forget all your worries for a bit and you'll be good.
Oh. Okay, thanks.
I often come here just for the cringe threads and memes so I read something about how it's much easier to train now compared to older generations. And the trainer customization on 6 gen.
No 6 gen pokemon looks cool to me so far.
>>
>>25519481
Yeah, Exp. Share has become Exp All, just turn it on, leave it in your bag and watch the levels roll in across the board. I don't particularly like it, but I have to admit it makes finishing the dex pretty easy
>>
>>25519045
>What did I miss? Are the games still shit?
You missed one good Gen and 2 really bad ones. And yes, the games were never good.
>>
>>25519609
Was gen 5 good?
>>
What is Google
What is Bulbapedia
>>
>>25519941
Gen 5 is great.
Gen 4 is an acquired taste.
Gen 6 is garbage.
>>
>>25519941
The general consensus is that Gen V has some of the best story telling, largely due to how B2/W2 are straight sequels to B/W and so you're seeing some real advancement in the world and characters you'd previously met.
>>
>>25521150
>the general consensus

Lol no. Perhaps amongst the vocal minority on /vp/, but most fans consider Gen V to be the weakest.
>>
>>25519045

You missed the game being perfected in HG/SS and Generation V, and subsequently going down the crapper in VI.
>>
>>25519959
What is not replying
What is sage
>>
>>25519045
In my opinion, Gen 4 and Gen 5 are great, but I also liked Gen 3 so maybe that invalidates my opinion. Gen 6 isn't very good though, they dumbed the games further down than usual and have barely any content relative to the best games in Gen 4 or 5.
>>
>>25519045
Gen 6 is the first generation to make major strides since gen 3. Naturally /vp/ hates it because the majority of them grew up with gen 4 or even gen 5 games. Nonetheless, the gameplay is the best it's ever been.
>>
>>25521574
It's true that Gen VI has made improvements to the battle engine, but that's wasted when the games themselves are bland. I can just play on Showdown if I want to play competitive.
>>
>>25521385
>fans
>consider Gen V to be the weakest

Pick one
>>
>>25519045
Alright first up gnardgobbler, the games were never not good.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.