[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come dragon quest make better 3d models than Gamefreak?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
How come dragon quest make better 3d models than Gamefreak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=925D87DHuho
>>
They use a shader that isn't as resource intensive
>>
I love DQM, I actually got into it with the first Joker. I wish they'd all get localized, I would love to be able to finish the games without learning moonspeak.
>>
>>25518093
Because Square Enix ain't new to the 3D game.
>>
>>25518093
Why this looks like one of those Goku fuckers?
>>
>>25518364
Same artist.
>>
>>25518093

>Gamefreak

well theres your answer.
>>
>>25518317
This. GF is too used to pixel art/2D design before they received 3DS dev kits. Whereas Square has the balls to create nearly full fledged 3D environments and models for just a DS game. They clearly have more modeling experience and competency.
>>
>>25518116
It's not the shader it's the overly high-poly models.
>>
>>25518364
Square Enix hired the creator of the Dragon Ball series to do the character design for this series.
>>
File: 1427502080350.png (175 KB, 523x800) Image search: [Google]
1427502080350.png
175 KB, 523x800
>>25518252
This. They had a nice thing going on, my only wish was thatthere was some way for monsters to get stronger without combining them.
>tfw i kept that weakass fucking drackey with me until I the tournament expecting SOMETHING worthwhile to come of it, because hey. it's your starter.
>>
>>25518093
Because it was developed by Square-Motherfucking-Enix and not by GameCheap?
>>
>>25518510
Akira toriyama FTW
>>
>>25518093
how is this better? it's still celshit and the models animate like complete crap compared to Pokemon, just compare the wing movement on that bird mount to Talonflame's or even Pidgeot's
>>
>>25518400
>Whereas Square has the balls to create nearly full fledged 3D environments and models for just a DS game.
Yet they can't be fucked to create new battle music once in a while
Does this game even have any new monsters? I swear they keep whoring the same characters they did since the last decade
>>
>Amazon JP now ships games overseas
>don't have to pay out the ass from play-asia for this
Hype
>>
>>25518252
I love the DQM titles played the old gameboy ones and the 2 jokers. Had Ace of Spades, the giant castle ruin monster, and a metal king slime back in joker until my little brother decided to delete my save and start his many moons ago.
>>
It was already bad enough we didn't get the DQM1 and 2 remakes. If we don't get J3 I'll lose my mind.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.