[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Pokemon game is the hardest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault (1)-1.jpg (97 KB, 475x301) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1)-1.jpg
97 KB, 475x301
Which Pokemon game is the hardest?
>>
>>25517742
The first one you played.
>>
Discounting optional features and the benefit of experience when playing later games, they're all roughly the same.
>>
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
>>
>>25517742
>>
>>25517766
Not true. In some Pokemon games you can easily get lost on what to do.
>>
Platinum because the levels and teams some characters use are insane

Gens I-III have shit movepools and distribution for trainers, BW only really had Ghetsis and he wasn't that much of an issue, BW2 was easier and XY are fucking jokes

Maybe all the Remakes are harder I guess
>>
>>25517774
easy af
use blastoise because its really op
>>
>>25517774
What Pokemon card did it come with?
>>
>>25517766
I would agree with you, but less diversity in movepools and shitty AI made the first two gens easier than later ones
>>
Anything through platinum had genuine difficulty. I remember only being truly stuck/held up at parts in G/S/C and sort of Plat.
>>
>>25517742
Black, I just can't go back after Y but I missed it
>>
>>25517742
Yellow, G/S/C, or Platinum.
>>
RB because there wasn't much out there back then and little internet. This was the only game I played blind and it felt like it took forever and was hard
>>
>>25517742
I'd say Gen V games generally for making unintentional grinding far more unlikely.
>>
>>25517949
I completely disagree.
When I found out that when you get to the league in less than a week, you can get baby Pokemon in White, I did that shit, and could have done it quicker, probably.
>>
>>25517742
Probably either platinum, BW, or Yellow.

>Pt
Solid level curve, some well-designed teams, and not a huge amount of money to work with so itemspam isn't as prevalent.

>BW
Forces players outside of their comfort zone, making them use new pokemon that they wouldn't use otherwise. Doesn't help that there's a lot of shitty gen 5 pokemon, stat wise. Ghestis was a pretty goat final boss.

>Yellow
You're pretty underleveled for most of the game, don't get any money for anything, and your starter is pretty worthless. Also, everything has the fucking worst level up movepools. That said, once you get the starters to a decent level the game becomes pretty easy.

>>25517860
GSC gave me some trouble when I was a kid, mostly because steelix wrecked everything if you didn't have a fire/water type (or didn't know steelix was weak to water), and because some of the gyms have legitimately good pokemon in them. Even the first gym is kind of hard sometimes because fucking mud slap.
>>
>>25517742
Platinum had the best gym leader, elite four and champion teams so it's clearly the most challenging of the main games
Emerald is probably second for having a well thought out team for Liza and Tate, more than can be said for anything before it and past Platinum
>>
>>25517761
/thread
We can all go home now.
>>
File: MeowthWizardsPromo10.jpg (55 KB, 355x498) Image search: [Google]
MeowthWizardsPromo10.jpg
55 KB, 355x498
>>25517847
A promo Meowth
>>
Yellow for mechanics, starter and high-level opponents (As far I remember)
DPPl for the freaking directions. You had to pass by that damn mountain lots of times. Also, Fantina is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>25517761
Honestly this Tbh (to be honest.)
>>
>>25517742
Shuffle.
>>
>>25517742
No fucking pokemon game has ever been hard

I wish I was wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 640x1069) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 640x1069
>>25519645
Playing Shuffle without using any items is easily the hardest Pokemon game
>>
>>25517742
Yellow. But it's only relatively hard. Even the hardest Pokemon games are piss easy.
>>
>>25518035
>Yellow
>catch Nidorino M near Viridian City
>Kick Brock's shit
>evolve it at Mt. Moon

good point on BW
I was annoyed you were forced to catch the box legendary though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.