[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hmmm, I wonder if Zinnia is referring to gens 1-5 when she was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: uHEi68i.jpg (108 KB, 605x1004) Image search: [Google]
uHEi68i.jpg
108 KB, 605x1004
hmmm, I wonder if Zinnia is referring to gens 1-5 when she was talking about a different world where mega evolution isn't a thing.

I'm just gonna cut to the chase and say she's referring to Sun and Moon. I have no proof, but I am entertaining the idea a bit.
>>
>>25517610
She was referring to the original ruby/sapphire/emerald
>>
>>25517610
To me is a clear refference to RSE
>>
>>25517610
in another world, your not a fag.
>>
>>25517647
In another world, you can spell correctly.
>>
>>25517655
thats prolly the bestest of worlds
>>
It's a parallel universe theory, Gen 6 and onward is part of an alternate Pokemon universe where Mega Evolution exists and AZ fired the Ultimate Weapon. The "different world" is her referring to the original Hoenn in Gen 3 where Mega Evolution doesn't exist and AZ seemingly never fired the Ultimate Weapon. Basically if they had opened up the worm hole and sent the meteoroid elsewhere it would have destroyed the original Hoenn and they wouldn't be able to defend themselves from it.
>>
>>25517665
low mid kek
>>
>>25517621
>>25517624
I think she's referring to R/S/E while at the same time lumping in Gens 1-5 into it since they also didn't have mega evolution

The theory is that:

>Gens 1-5 (R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/PT, B/W/BW2)=Regular Timeline (no megas)
>Gen 6-7 (X/Y, OR/AS, S/M)=Mega Timeline (Has Megas)
>>
>>25517610
She literally says "A Hoenn that's almost exactly like this one" she's referring to RSE.
>>
>>25517687
This
>>
>>25517698
But that Hoenn is The Hoenn that belongs in the timeline of Gens 1-5.
>>
>>25517672
>>25517687

That seems like random extrapolation. I see no reason that it cant just be her referencing RSE only.
>>
>>25517687
I think actually it's just ORAS starting the new universe. XY can fit from Gen 1 to Gen 5 just fine since mega evolutions are toted as this newly discovered thing in XY, it would make sense they're not in the older games.
>>
>>25517720
It could go either way. I think this is Mainly Gamefreak giving itself an excuse for why OR/AS has Megas but R/S doesnt. Also gives them the same excuse to use for future remakes with Megas
>>
>>25517720
It's not random. It's what we have.
Gen 1-5 did not feature mega evolution, therefore GameFreak came up with a nice alternate universe theory that would explain this, the same way a special area was required to evolve Leafeon and Glaceon, 'explaining' their absence from Gen 1-3.

It's a nice little touch. Hopefully S&M will expand on this.
>>
>>25517732
nice
>>
File: 1371164313447.jpg (37 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1371164313447.jpg
37 KB, 480x640
OP here, I was just thinking about a video I saw yesterday about a guy talking about a window to a different world that involved the sundial in Anistar City. And that led to me thinking about the whole Pokemon fusion fiasco. I'm gonna get attacked for this but I'm thinking that Sun and Moon will have fusions replace mega evolutions, because it could take place in different world where "the evolution of Pokemon took a slightly different path". I could be wrong but whatever.
>>
>>25517687
No you derp, Gens I and II are a separate timeline from III onward because FRLG and HGSS retcon the originals

RSE is related to FRLG because the two can trade and HGSS the same with DPPl. Then it ends with BW and BW2
>>
GF always just handwaves things like this, or give no explanation at all.
The parallel universe thing is so weird because they really went the extra mile to explain this when they could've just thrown it in and no one would really care.
Finding out the order of the games (besides gen I and II) is really cryptic anyway, so the very vast number of players would never had noticed.
>>
>>25517887
The Parallel Universes issue might have to do with every game being someone's first Pokemon game, so instead of direct sequels that need the people to play the previous installments they basically reinvent the wheel with every game so people can easily get used to it

That might be the reason why the series has stagnated so badly
>>
>>25517864
Ah I see I forgot about that

>Gen 1-2 Origin Timeline
>Gen 3-5 Regular Timeline
>Gen 6-7 Mega Timeline
>>
>>25517610
>>25517621
>>25517624
You're streching too far
The only reason this other world needed not to have the Mega Evolution is so it couldnt be saved by Rayquaza (and thus it was better to keep the meteor on the world where it does exist than risk to send it on the hypothetical defenseless one)
>>
File: May ORAS alternate dimension.png (481 KB, 818x578) Image search: [Google]
May ORAS alternate dimension.png
481 KB, 818x578
>>25517610

Original Hoenn games, and I suppose every game that is not your current game, just how entralink and other concepts have worked about each save file being it's own world.

These rings that shit legendaries are a fun idea of that multiverse.
>>
File: 1457067722815.jpg (48 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
1457067722815.jpg
48 KB, 600x593
>>25517687
>mfw the ads for the pokemon cards at the current are about 2 worlds colliding
>>
It's actually a reference to Pulseman.
>>
>>25517672
They should have sent it to RSE reality.
>>
Gen I is also Gen III which is also VI and Gen II is also IV.
>>
>>25517956
That pic pretty much sums up the plot behind Hoopa's Rings.

Ever wonder why The legendaries have there Original theme when pulled out if the ring? (Other than Gamefreak being lazy) It's because they are literally getting pulled out if there original universe

Also an interesting Easter egg is that Pokemon transferred from Pokebank to Gen 6 say in their description "Appears to have traveled through time and space to reach you from the X region"
>>
>>25517798
But everyone is just assuming it explains the whole franchise rather than just one gen.

I'll agree with >>25517750 and say we really wont know until GF decides to either reference Gens 1 to 5 or contradict them.
>>
>>25518011
the games take place in different regions at different times
So when you transfer a pokemon from one region to another, it will travel though both space and time
>>
>>25518011
>Appears to have traveled through time and space to reach you from the X region

That's because RSE were the first games in the timeline.

If ORAS takes thier place, and are also the first games, the pokemon are travelling from the past. Seems like a fun easter egg about that rather than multiverse theory.
>>
>>25518193
*to the past
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.