[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do people like about this thing outside of gameplay? I honestly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: Penusaur.png (492 KB, 827x768) Image search: [Google]
Penusaur.png
492 KB, 827x768
what do people like about this thing outside of gameplay? I honestly don't see why everybody rushes to white knights this fat fuck.
Ivysaur is such a based Pokemon though
>>
File: 1378777788441.jpg (67 KB, 688x845) Image search: [Google]
1378777788441.jpg
67 KB, 688x845
>posting the shitty dream world art

Fuck off retard
>>
I have a secret. Venusaur was the reason I got into pokemon. I saw an anime ep that had it and the rest is history. True, I'm a dragon fag, but Venusaur has long been my bro. Also, what's not cool about a poke that's big enough to ride on.
>>
>>25517561
It's an adorable fat fuck
>>
>>25517605
>using fan art in the artist's artstyle to justify it looking "good"
lol
>>
I think Mega Venusaur is the most true to its original design. Mega Blastoise and the Mega Zards go in directions that don't make sense.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (397 KB, 1750x1250) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
397 KB, 1750x1250
It's also the hippie one with nature pokemon.

(this was the episode, btw)
>>
>>25517561
I think it's cute while still looking strong. Ingame-wise it's been viable for quite some time, so that's a neat little extra.
Also its evolutionary line represents the concept of evolution in Pokémon pretty well.

Only thing I really dislike about Venusaur is its Stadium model's red eyes. What the fuck were the creators thinking?
>>
Well if you read the pokemon blue/red instruction manual on the way home from the videogame store, you would know that bulbasuar is the best starting pokemon for beginners. Meaning Bulbasaur and eventual mighty venusaur was many of our first friends in the pokemon world. That alone will mean you have a large handful of people ready to defend it to the death.
>>
>>25517959
Not really. It is good against an equal number of the gym leaders as Squirtle, but Squirtle technically has the edge in being able to learn Ice Beam, making it good against an E4 member.
>>
>>25518099
Cerulean gym is much closer to the beginning of the game than Blaine's gym is though.
>>
>>25517561
>>25517561

Hes fuckhuge! looks fun to ride on tbqhf and hes got vine whip so he can get you a pina colada while you chill under his flower.

Torterra a shit.
>>
>>25517561
only fat manlets and tumblrinas like tamashii hate on venusaur. fuck off
>>
Mega Venusaur can now learn Sleep Powder.
How fucked is the meta?
>>
>>25517561
It was OU before any of the other kanto starters were. Back in gen 5 regular venusaur was based as fuck with chlorophyll
>>
File: Venusaur 1.jpg (572 KB, 1094x750) Image search: [Google]
Venusaur 1.jpg
572 KB, 1094x750
Bulk toad is best toad.
Charizard can get fucked.
>>
File: venusaur.gif (122 KB, 86x71) Image search: [Google]
venusaur.gif
122 KB, 86x71
>>25517561
>rushes to white knight
Oh come on anon
>>
>>25518639
Fuck you! Don't say shit about my Torterra!
>>
>>25518099
that doesn't matter, though. early game is the most important because your choices for team are restricted more. after early-game it's much easier to find pokes to fill in the gaps, especially since first gen is more free-roaming than others, so you can pick your path to the 'mons you need more easily after the initial stages of the game.

i'd also contend that venu is good vs bruno because onixes are downed easily and it resists fighting. is also a double-edged sword vs lyralei or whatever the fuck her name was, the ice leader.
>>
>>25517561
He's cool go fuck yourself
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.