[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the next gen, Ice types should resist Dragon moves. Prove
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: ice types.jpg (202 KB, 1161x572) Image search: [Google]
ice types.jpg
202 KB, 1161x572
In the next gen, Ice types should resist Dragon moves.

Prove me wrong, niggas.
>>
>>25517443
dragon isn't that good of an offensive type
resisting flying would be better, it's too much of a spammed type
>>
Most Dragon moves look fiery in design or incorporate something that would smash Ice like fucking meteor showers

Ice needs to resist Normal, Flying or Water. Especially the latter two
>>
>>25517443
i agree ice types need a buff, but nerfing draggons even more is just silly. you'd turn them into psychic type 2.0
>>
>>25517477
I think just water. It's too overpowered.
>>
>>25517443
I'd rather they resist ground, water and/or flying, and lose it's weakness to fighting. I don't really understand why it's weak to fighting anyway.
>>
>>25517484
Even if Dragon was nerfed further they would still have fucking LEAGUES going for them compared to Psychic types.
>>
File: perfection.jpg (813 KB, 884x969) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
813 KB, 884x969
the perfection type chart has you covered op

>try to find a flaw
>>
>>25517485
>Just Water

Nigga Ice only resists itself, it can afford a couple more
>>
Ice resisting Flying would be perfect. That's literally the only thing gamefreak needs to adjust for the metagame.
>>
>>25517443
You want me to sit here and tell you that an opinion is incorrect? Well, at least you're in the right place.
>>
>>25517499
Gen II really hurt Psychics didn't it?
>>
>>25517652
Absolutely little advantages left.
Other than being special cannons.
>>
>>25517652
It was a necessary sacrifice. While not as good, it's better than a single type being better than majority of the Pokedex. Even Fairy doesn't compare to the bullshit that was Gen I Psychic

Steel, Dark, fixing Ghost, buffing Bugs. Was all downhill
Besides, Gen II's Meta Game wasn't sweepers anyway. It was stalling with SkarmBliss and Snorlax
>>
Ice should be strong against water, poison, and bug.
>>
>>25517713
>Water
Don't know why it wasn't
>Poison
No, but Poison should be good against Water
>Bug
Fuck no leave Bug alone
>>
>>25517697
>it's better than a single type being better than majority of the Pokedex

Isn't that Steel's job now?
>>
>>25517743
Depends. How many Rock, Fairy and Ice Types are there? I know Ice has a relatively small number of mons in the dex

Unless we're talking it's million unnecessary resistances
>>
No, Ice should resist Water and Flying.

Ice is one of three "solid" types, exemplified by the Regi's, and Flying is resisted by the other two solid types, Rock and Steel. It makes sense for Flying, essentially the frail wind element, to bounce off of all three solid types. It would also help mitigate Flying spam in the meta-game.

The Move Freeze Dry is the common sense consolation GF made for the Ice type. Really, Ice should definitely resist Water, because Ice Pokemon are all capable of freezing water molecules, and arguably should be super effective against Water, which would parallel the relationship between Steel and Rock, Steel being the more extreme density of minerals (Rock).

The ramifications of Ice being super effective against Water would be pretty large in the meta-game since Ice Beam is mind-bogglingly teachable to non-Ice Pokemon. Because of that, Ice > Water is more debatable, but Ice resisting Water definitely makes sense.
>>
>>25517930
I forgot to mention, Ice should actually be super effective against Steel. It would round out the solid rock/paper/scissors triangle (Steel > Rock > Ice > Steel > etc), and also makes sense, since ice and cold temperatures can rust machinery.

You would probably have to choose between being super effective against Water or Steel though, because I don't think it would get both. In the end, Steel makes more sense I guess.

So ultimately my fix would be to make Ice resist Water and Flying, and be super effective against Steel
>>
>>25517443
Ice should resist Ground if anything
>>
>>25518024
I don't know about Ground. I can't think of any reason why it would, other than for the sake of the meta game.
>>
>>25517443
ice types should resist fairy moves
>>
>>25518213
Icefags should resist salt moves
>>
>>25518213
No anon, Ice should resist Flying and Water
>>
>Perfectly reasonable
Water resistance
>Thematically understandable but unnecessary
Grass and Bug resistance
>Useful but not really thematically sound
Fairy and Dragon resistance
>>
>>25518247
Thematically speaking, Ice should resist Flying, since the other two solid types resist Flying already.
>>
Reminder that running water melts ice faster
>>
>>25518278
Game Freak seems to think of the Ice type less as Ice and more as snow for some reason
>>
>>25518247
Don't forget Flying on the first part too
>>
>>25518293
But water freezes in a cold environment, meaning that Ice Pokemon create the cold environment
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.