[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Cut >20% chance of 1HKOing the opponent (like that samurai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1414992584164.gif (2 MB, 274x208) Image search: [Google]
1414992584164.gif
2 MB, 274x208
>Cut
>20% chance of 1HKOing the opponent (like that samurai shit where you slice through someone and then they fall apart after, we've all seen it)

>Rock Smash
>lowers opponents defense 100% of the time (like a reverse power up punch)

>Fly
>Raise power to 100, cannot miss

How the fuck can we make Strength and Dive interesting/good moves?
>>
>>25514752
/vp/ really is the most underage board, isn't it?
>>
>>25514752
>20% chance of OHKO
Are you retarded?
>>
Strength damage increases on lighter pokemon

Dive always acts first on the second turn or something, dive 2 shit
>>
>>25514752
>Strength
50% of OHKO

>Dive
Not much saving it, it's already water dig, and Dive is a terrible HM anyways.
>>
>>25514774

Well, it was 10 originally. What's the issue? Normal 1HKO moves have a 30% chance to hit, you trade 10% for a shitty attack. Seems fair to me.

>>25514793

That strength thing was my original idea but I wasn't satisfied with it.

>>25514772

I'm 22, and this board sucks dick. Most of it right now is furry threads, fake leak threads, and anime shit. Don't like the thread then fuck off.
>>
File: 1456651672201.png (650 KB, 771x780) Image search: [Google]
1456651672201.png
650 KB, 771x780
>>25514774
You ready for Fissure bitch?
>>
>>25514752
Strength
-Normal -> Rock (in Stadium the animation is throwing a giant rock to the opponent.)
-80 BP -> 90 BP
-Accuracy 100% -> Accuracy 100% (no change)

And "TA-DA!!!!1!1111! NOW YOU HAVE THE FIRST ACCURATE PHYSICAL ROCK-TYPE MOVE"

Dive
Now its damage is doubled if it's used on the sea (when battling Pokemon or NPC Trainers, sadly won't be very used unless GF allows you to change Battle Background like they did with OST)
>>
>>25514752
Unironically my favorite thing with Maria Ozawa.
>>
>>25514752
Is Fly really that terrible? It's always been a decent move, especially for a HM
>>
>>25514824
Luck-based strategies are generally frowned upon by anybody with any experience in competitive play. It's incredibly unsatisfying to love to hax
>>
>>25514752
Strenght becomes a Dragon Tail clone, Dive's BP gets boosted to 100.
>>
>>25514931
In-game it is very good. In multiplayer, the opponent will switch to a resistance, or use it as an opportunity to set up.
>>
>cut
super effective against grass and raise its power to 60
>>
Cut:
Grass Type
70 BP, 100 ACC
High Crit Ratio

Fly:
Flying Type
90 BP, 100 ACC
No Additional Affect

Surf:
Same

Strength:
Same + Rock Type

Flash:
Removed

Waterfall:
Same

Dive:
75 BP, 100ACC
Boosts Next Water Type Attack 50%

Rock Smash:
75 BP, 100ACC
Flinch Chance

Whirl Pool:
Water Stealth Rocks
>>
>>25514977
>Whirl Pool:
Water Stealth Rocks

Fire-types will no longer be seen with both Stealth Rock and Whirlpool.
>>
>>25514940

Who gives a shit? Nobody here mentioned competitive play.

Besides, you really shouldn't complain about luck when you're talking about Pokemon anyways, any turn where both pokemon attack each other has 2-10 instances of RNG.

Magmar holding a Quick Claw uses Fire Blast on Ninjask

Quick claw rng
Crit rng
Burn rng
Miss rng

Competitively speaking pokemon shouldn't be taken very seriously. And it isn't, outside of an extremely fringe group of people on the internet.
>>
>>25515063
>Stealth Water
The worst part is, I can actually imagine Masuda wanting this to happen
>>
>>25514824
Normal 1HKO moves can only hit Pokemon of a lower level than the user, have 5 PP and do nothing if they miss. Ember has a 10% chance to cause burn. Poison Sting has a 10% chance to cause regular poison. 20% chance to 1HKO on a 95% accuracy move with like 20PP is totally busted dude.
>>
>>25514953

I thought of that, but way too many pokemon learn Strength for that to be acceptable. That effect is good enough being a niche for circle throw and dragon tail users, potentially everyone having it would be insane and only make entry hazards stronger and setting up shittier.
>>
>>25515072
>Let's balance moves to make them more interesting!
>FUCK OFF I HATE YOU BALANCE IS STUPIDPOKEMON SHOULDNT BE BALANCED ARGH FUCK OFF NERD
>>
>>25515100

Well Ember and Poison sting are intentionally designed to be low level moves that you replace immediately when you get the chance. Normal already has Scratch, Tackle, and Pound. And Cut is an HM, so you'll want to have it on you all game because HM slaves are lame and Move Deleters are a lazy obnoxious workaround to this problem. Cut should be a decent move to have at all times.

>>25515120

>FUCK OFF I HATE YOU BALANCE IS STUPIDPOKEMON SHOULDNT BE BALANCED ARGH FUCK OFF NERD

Selective hearing at its finest, that doesn't at all resemble what I said or the attitude I have. Plus, you came in here and called me retarded, so don't pull that bullshit on me.
>>
Shouldn't Cut be Steel if anything

It would work pretty nicely because there's like, no Psychical Steel TMs in Gen VI anyways
>>
>>25515152
Sure, but also consider that you get cut pretty early on in just about every game. It's usually the first or second TM. I would say OHKO is certainly more than "decent" and it has very good distribution. I would like to see it as a grass type move with 70-80BP that is super effective against grass types, kind of like Freeze Dry. (If Freeze Dry was a water move instead of an ice move)
>>
>>25515206

No, why would it be steel?
>>
>>25515232

I disagree with you, I think a 1hko is about as useful midgame as it is late game. A level 20 pokemon 1hkoing a level 20 pokemon is really the same as a level 50 doing it to a level 50. And most pokemon around the time you get Cut will have better options to attack with, at least in current gen games.

Though if you scratch that idea and go with a normal type move that's super effective against Grass types I would consider that to be another good idea I guess. I don't like it as much, but its still good.
>>
I just want them to get rid of fucking HMs altogether. Just replace them with innate abilities/skills that the pokemon know because they're a certain type.

All water pokemon know Surf, all flying pokemon know fly, etc. You can keep the badge mechanic so that you can't abuse the abilities early on in the game, but I'm sick of having to carry around an HM slave for these useless skills.
>>
>>25515305

My advice to you is not to use an HM slave ever again. HM slaves are lame as fuck, annoying to use and annoying to catch and fuck around the PC with. Unless you're a small child or very stupid you likely think the pokemon games are too easy and do random things like nuzlock, not buying items, not turning on the F R E E exp share, etc. Not using an HM Slave makes the game that slight bit harder while letting you keep your mons for the entire adventure. And the move deleter ensures that once you beat the campaign nothing was lost and your pokemon are all still perfectly usable.
>>
Just make most of them actually hit hard.
Fly should be minimum 100 BP, so should dive.

When you use cut, the next cut you use lands an additional cut. So basically:
First turn: Cut
Second turn: Cut hits twice
Third turn: Cut hits thrice
etc etc etc
It would make it very strong on technician pokemon.

Rock Smash: Ignores defense when calculating damage

Strength: Deals physical damage but calculates using both special and physical stats. Lower the BP a bit.
>>
File: 1429610757934.gif (94 KB, 425x417) Image search: [Google]
1429610757934.gif
94 KB, 425x417
>>25514752
goddamit japan
>>
>>25515233
blades are typically made of metal.
>>
>Constrict
>Boost power to 20
>100% chance to lower Speed
Basically give it the Mud Slap treatment but with 40PP
>>
>>25514878
strength being changed to rock type would give way too many things a good coverage move
>>
>>25515556

A pokemon using Cut doesn't materialize a magic energy katana anon. Nowhere does the move imply a metal blade is used.

" The target is cut with a scythe or claw. This can also be used to cut down thin trees. "

Besides, Metal Claw already exists and does its own thing.
>>
>>25514752
>Strength
It's a Rock-type move now. Up the power a little bit and we're golden.
Boom, an accurate Rock-type move that makes contact for my nigs Mega Aerodactyl and Barbaracle. Two birds, one stone.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.