[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that Kanto is the most boring region?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: lp.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
lp.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
Can we all agree that Kanto is the most boring region?
>>
>>25512814
I agree. It had a large number of the best Pokemon but the region itself has a lot of boring stuff. I liked Johto the best but going back to Kanto was still cool.
>>
You mean Unova OP
>>
File: unova.jpg (3 MB, 5576x3515) Image search: [Google]
unova.jpg
3 MB, 5576x3515
>>25513115
>Unova
>Boring
Definitely not.
>>
>>25513139
>I will never understand route 4
>>
Kanto was the first and most basic because it was just introducing everyone to the series. The rest needed gimmicks and personalities to each town to be memorable

Especially from Hoenn onward where you have many port towns, a couple near a volcano, one INSIDE a volcano, etc.

In terms of construction though Kanto is very simplistic and I prefer the Pokemon to the region itself
>>
Hoenn > Unova > Kalos > Johto > Kanto > Sinnoh
>>
>>25513187
When we talk critically instead of nostalgically Red/Blue is shite.

Sure it's good it exists but still
>>
>>25513187
>Especially from Hoenn onward where you have many port towns, a couple near a volcano, one INSIDE a volcano, etc.
What.
There's only two port towns anon.
>>
>>25513200
Sinnoh = Hoenn > Johto > Kanto = Kalos >>> Unova
>>
>>25513200
>Hoenn above anything
Shit taste tbqh senpai
>>
>>25513298
>Kanto and Johto
>above anything
Shit taste senpai
>>
File: 1419148885621.jpg (15 KB, 208x206) Image search: [Google]
1419148885621.jpg
15 KB, 208x206
>>25513187
>. The rest needed gimmicks and personalities to each town to be memorable
are you trying to imply that giving a town a personality is a bad thing?
>>
>>25513200
Unova > Sinnoh >Johto > Kanto > Hoenn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kalos
>>
>>25513390
>Implying

No, but seriously. It works early on because it's the first and original as it stands. Afterwards shit needs to have something to its name to stick out like how Unova's cities seem to be modeled after different parts of the US
>>
>>25513200
>>25513298
>>25513393
Most of the regions > Hoenn > Kalos
>>
>>25512814
I'd like kanto more if route 17 wasnt so stupid
>>
Truth be told, even though I do recognise Kanto is very bland, I can't remember jack shit from Gen IV and can only remember 1 town each from Gen V and Gen VI, no routes or anything

So on that basis alone:
Gen II > Gen III > Gen I > Gen V > Gen VI > Gen IV
>>
>>25512814
without a doubt
>>
As much as i dislike gen5 i must admit that Unova is objectively better than Kanto. The circular layout of Unova is shit, but the region itself has much more variety.
>>
>>25512814
>no truly notable landmarks, apart from shitty cave that's supposed to be a mountain
>very small forested areas, mostly rocky and unpleasant terrain
>very few options for tourists, except for a bike road filled with criminals
>biggest city in the region has three major facilities in it, nothing remotely neat
>fucking rockets everywhere, sludge and gas pokemon everywhere
>entire areas get blocked off from snorlax, meaning fuchsia city is blocked off from the rest of the region until red shows up
>cinnabar island is a shell of a town
>cerulean city is trash, has a destroyed power plant and the only way to get out of it is to either cut down a tree or break into some dude's house
>town filled with evil spirits and shit, no one really gives a fuck
>lazy police force who can be bribed from sweet drinks of all things
>fuchsia city itself is built off of a swamp, probably filled with niggers like memphis
>has the goddamn rock tunnel
it's definitely the worst region, probably the most boring
>>
>>25513423
You forget Unova at the end after Kalos
>>
>>25513665
>Kalos ever better than anything
I'm not a nigger
>>
>>25513698
>I'm not a nigger

And this is why you'll never be the Unovan president
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.