[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Leaking Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: day1.png (25 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
day1.png
25 KB, 640x320
Let me start off by stating the obvious: I can't tell you everything about the game and I can't tell you who I am or how I acquired this information. We all remember the Pokébeach leaker who got caught because he gave too much information that was too specific (and throwing in a few pieces of bullshit didn't help) and because he wouldn't keep his mouth shut about where he got his info. So I've decided to do something a bit different and hopefully a bit less risky. I want to play a game with you /vp/. Every day for the next week, I will post five true statements about the game and five things I made up. Most will be pretty general statements that anyone could have guessed by chance to avoid suspicion. Feel free to discuss among yourselves which you think are true and why. Once the thread reaches the bump limit, I will confirm which five statements are true. However there's a twist: one of the five "true" statements I reveal will in fact be a lie.

>some old pokémon can now evolve in different ways
>several changes are made to the type chart
>hms no longer exist
>the number of new pokémon is relatively small, comparable to the amount introduced in xy
>hidden power works slightly differently
>there is no battle frontier
>several pokémon that aren't fully evolved receive mega evolutions
>the games make numerous references to the older games, and to other media in the francise
>ivs no longer exist
>many old pokémon receive new abilities

Pretty vague as I said, most of these are things that people want (or don't want) and things that have been speculated about already, which should throw off suspicion, especially since half of them aren't true. :^) Which brings me to the cryptic image I've included. Each of my posts will be accompanied by an image like this. The Unown spell out a clue to a fairly specific bit of info. The other Pokémon icons form a code of sorts. It's up to you to crack the code and determine what the Unown are referring to.

Let the games begin...
>>
>post vague "leaks" that anyone can guess
>WOW LOOK AT ME IM A RELIABLE LEAKER

fuck off
>>
>>25480811
False
False
True
True
True
True
False
True
False
False
>>
>>25480811
>5th gen favourite gets a version exclusive counterpart with an almost unused type combination
>>
True
False
True
False
True
True
False
True
False
False
>>
>>25480811
"Everything that guy said was bullshit."
>>
File: image.png (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
74 KB, 500x500
>>25480811
>Fifth Gen Favourite Gets A Version Exclusive Counterpart With An Almost Unused Type Combination!
An unused type combination is an unused type combination, it can't be an almost unused type combination!
>>
File: pokeday1cypherthing.png (18 KB, 713x295) Image search: [Google]
pokeday1cypherthing.png
18 KB, 713x295
>>
>>25480990

Gonna take a wild stab and say 'The Legendary is a...' is the first four words.
>>
i dont get it
>>
>>25481040
what decryption type is this?
>>
>>25481040
third word is 3 letters if the unown part is any indicator.Unless there is a pokeball between 'letters' it's part of the same word
>>
>>25480811
True
True
>hms no longer exist
False
>the number of new pokémon is relatively small, comparable to the amount introduced in xy
False
False
True
True
>the games make numerous references to the older games, and to other media in the francise
False
>ivs no longer exist
False
True
>>
All of this is obviously false, but it's funnier than read the normal fake leaks (this time around we got so many that the fake leaks season is already ruined, thank you GF for showing us just the fucking logos of the games) so I'm in.
>>
>>25481040
"The Legendary is a Male exclusive"
>>
>>25481094
can someone just translate that unown shit and the full thing of pokes? i mean what the crap
i dont care about a "true leaker as all of em"
>>
>>25481120
or might be "Moon exclusive"
>>
>>25480990
The legendary is a fire fighting

number of letters matches up
>>
Wouldn't mind this at all.
No, I doubt that.
>hms no longer exist
Would be nice. Doubtful though. I could see some getting lumped together though.
Small. In comparison to XY. Nigger, the new pokemon introduced in XY was the smallest ever. What the fuck are you doing?
Wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked it to incorporate Fairy. However, I doubt it.
No fucking surprise.
NEVER EVER. More cosplay Pikachu.
this is nothing new.
>ivs no longer exist
youtried.png
biggerbait.gif

>>25481124
unown words in OP.
>Fifth Gen favo(u)rite gets a version exclusive counterpart with an almost unused type combination.
>>
File: Iguessthattakescareofit.jpg (698 KB, 1720x1236) Image search: [Google]
Iguessthattakescareofit.jpg
698 KB, 1720x1236
>>25480811
"fifth gen favourite gets a version exclusive counterpart with an almost unused type combination"
>>
>>25481124
Is >>25480854
Almost unused can mean a lot of things. There are combinations used but of which we haven't a fully evolved mon of (Bug/Water), combinations exclusive to forms (Rotom's ones). other exclusive to megas.
>>
this is just some dumb shit. it cant be real . it just the season of how they name em "true leaks"
>>
File: newfag.png (3 KB, 1040x284) Image search: [Google]
newfag.png
3 KB, 1040x284
>>25481124
>can someone just translate that unown shit
>>
>>25481168
i still don't understand what it means... any ideas?
>>
File: 1444667993835.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444667993835.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>25480811
>FITH GEN FAVOURITE GETS A VERSION EXCLUSIVE COUNTERPART WITH AN ALMOST UNUSED TYPE COMBINATION!
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>25480811
Calling it! OP's fave is Volcarona and its counterpart will be Fairy/Water type as it somewhat was almost an unused type combo
>>
>>25480990
Anyone found a key on this?
>>
First we have to determine the fifth gen favourites. Scolipede? Zoroark? Chandelure? Volcarona?
And I'm currently working on the Poké-one, noticing there are some entire families on there so that has to mean something.
>>
>>25481226
You mean Bug/Water, which would also fit with the "almost unused" statement.
Also Volcarona is the Sun pokemon so..
>>
>>25481253
The only GEN V fave of which a counterpart would make sense is Volcarona.
>>
>>25481258
Lunar Moth pokemon rumors again? It's pre-XY all over again.
>>
>>25481269
Except it makes sense this time since you know, the games are called sun and moon
>>
>>25481292
Or it's OP grasping at straws hoping to cash in on the influx of newfriends here on the board who would be easily rused.

Maybe I'm just cynical. Possible, sure. I just don't buy anything that OP said.
>>
>>25481258
Was originally going to say Bug/Water, but that didn't make sense as it was NEVER an almost unused typing as that is Surskit's original typing. Also, Fairy/Water didn't exist before Gen VI and the Fairy-typing imo fits the Moon motif a lot more imo and Bug with the Sun.
>>
>>25481335
>almost unused
>ALMOST
it can be water/bug but it's also fake as fuck
>>
>>25480811
>Once the thread reaches the bump limit, I will confirm which five statements are true
you're on /vp/ bub, you'll be here for a week before that happens.
>>
>>25480811
False
False
>hms no longer exist
True
True
True
True
False
True
>ivs no longer exist
False
False

>>25480854
I want to say Volcarona gets a Moon themed counterpart but then I remembered that Bug/Fairy is actually an unused Type Combo.
>>
>>25481160
>Small. In comparison to XY. Nigger, the new pokemon introduced in XY was the smallest ever. What the fuck are you doing?

Comparable doesn't mean compared to. He probably means there's a small number, which is similar to the number in XY. So less than 100.
>>
>>25481407
Fair point. Instead I will reveal one true statement every few hours. I will also elaborate on each point a bit. Remember though that one of the five statements I confirm will actually be false.

The first true statement (or is it?) is:

Most Pokémon that aren't starters, legendaries, or gimmick Pokémon like Shedinja now have two standard abilities and a hidden ability. These aren't necessarily new abilities to the game, just new for that Pokémon. For example, Kakuna's secondary and hidden abilities existed in previous games, but Sandshrew's secondary ability is brand new (well, not quite, and the reason for that is tied to another one of the true statements). Also, as in XY, some Pokémon's hidden abilities have changed.

By the way, you guys are very close to figuring out the riddle. You've got the right Pokémon (and the right type, though I won't say which guess is correct) but you still haven't cracked the code itself. I'll give you a hint: spaces don't count.
>>
>>25481720
>Sandshrew confirmed for type change
>>
i somehow think we'll not get more info before thread death. i know this is /vp/ and everything, and that op is most likely just kidding, but i guess i'm starved for new info.
>>
>>25481720
does the code spell out
SUN VOLCARONA AND MOON TIDACLIPSE
>>
>>25481984
woops i meant tidalipse
>>
>>25480811
>no ivs
>no battle frontier

Sounds like shit m8.
>>
>>25481225
Popular 5th gen gets mega with new type added you fuck
>>
>>25481225
Maybe it's like the gallade thing
>>
>>25481145
There is a Metapod as the L in legendary so it can't also by the R in Fire.
>>
>>25481749
Nope. Sandshrew's new(ish) ability is very much something to do with the ground.

>>25481867
You'll get more info, I'm not going anywhere. I'm just spacing it out.

>>25481984
>>25481996
Well done, anon. Volcarona is exclusive to Sun. Its counterpart in Moon is Tidalipse, based on the luna moth.
>>
>>25480890
>it can't be an almost unused type combination!
It's probably a mon with an existing type combination but either no one uses the mon or the mon is the only one with this type combo
>>
>ivs no longer exist
this would make me so happy so I know Im going to be dissapointed when it turns out not to be true
>>
>>25482055
then there're only "different way to evolve" and "mega for non final forms", and... Mega for unevolved doesn't sound right to me

but i like the "different ways to evolve", could apply to eeveons too. i wonder if slowpoke could need a shellder to evolve to slowbro, like mantyke and remoraid...
>>
>>25482101
I'm surprised they didn't retcon that into being necessary after doing the Mantyke stuff. It makes sense, and it would be a really neat focus on the lore of the actual fucking Pokemon and shit.
>>
>>25482055
hms become secondary abilities ?
>>
>>25480811
T
F
>hms no longer exist
F
T
F
T
F
T
>ivs no longer exist
F
T

That sure was hard.
>>
>>25482055
sweet thought i got it right!
one thing though, i dont see why they would have version exclusives using an existing pokemon and a completely new one, wont that push people to get moon more because its a fresh new poke. unless of course this tidalipse is an evolution of an already existing mon?
>>
>>25482170
mega volcarona
>>
>>25480854
Would this be Zoroark? Is there a Dark dual-typing that's hardly used?
>>
>>25480811
I'm a game freak employyee and I can confirm that this is a real leak and another real game freak emplyee
>>
File: 1420630686484.gif (557 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1420630686484.gif
557 KB, 500x341
>>25482241
i bet trying to suss out the leaker from the pool of fluent english speakers at gf is really hard

fuck gf for just giving us logos
>>
This is a high-quality bait,anon.
>>
Bug water:
Resists: fighting ground ice water steel
Weak to: Flying electric Rock

Bug fairy:
Immune: Dragon
Resists: Fighting(x4), ground, grass, bug, dark
Weak: Rock, Flying, Poison, Steel

Bug Ice:
Resists: Ice, Ground, Grass
Weak: Rock (x4), Fire(x4), Steel

Both Water/Bug and Bug/Fairy sound good, the second one would get hard walled by Heatran though.
>>
>>25482541
It's gotta be Bug/Water. He said almost unused, Bug/Ice and Bug/Fairy are unused period. The only Bug/Water is Surskit which isn't fully evolved. Makes me sad this is almost certainly fake, a Bug/Water luna moth would be pretty based. I'm still holding out for a Bug/Water Mega Masquerain.
>>
Bumping. The second true statement is:

Pokémon obtained in Sun and Moon can have a Fairy-type Hidden Power. Pokémon transferred from gen 6 keep their original Hidden Power type, and Pokémon transferred from gen 1 have whatever Hidden Power type they would have had in gen 2.
>>
>>25483233
that was pretty much expected
>>
Remember, this is the same John Gamefreak that answered most of the X and Y questions wrong.
>>
This can be fun!!!
>>
What else can you tell us so far??
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
Threads dead baby, threads dead
>>
>>25483347
no, this is John Gameleak, seems like a totally different human being
>>
Bump. The third true statement is:

As many people have predicted, Pikachu and Eevee receive Mega Evolutions in Sun and Moon.
>>
>>25488676
Callin' bs on this one.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.