[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GTS was a mistake >put up basic bird pokemon >lol give me ubers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5
File: terminal_global_en_ss.png (415 KB, 620x463) Image search: [Google]
terminal_global_en_ss.png
415 KB, 620x463
GTS was a mistake

>put up basic bird pokemon
>lol give me ubers
>>
>>25480316
GTS is cancer, but sometimes helped me a lot to fill the dex.
>>
>>25480432
this. if you ignore the bullshit you can get the pokemon you want
>>
>>25480316
GTS was a godsens

>put up a '6IV Ditto'
>lol give me [legendary]
>???
>profit
>>
Unfair trade requests usually never get fulfilled, so they just stay there. But when you offer a fair trade yourself you usually get it done pretty quickly
>>
>>25480444
I did that for nearly half of the legendaries in the dex and it somehow worked. People are fucking retarded.
>>
>there are still idiots that don't realise you are the one that has to put something and ask for the pokemon
>>
>>25480316
It's only cancer if you try to look, instead of offering your own deal. Also, most pokemon that go for a pretty good deal tend to be snatched up quickly. >>25480449
>>
>>25480316
Before there was injecting there was the GTS exploit. That alone made it worth it.
>>
>some faggot puts up a shiny or legendary
>asks for a stupidly hard Pokemon like 91 and up Bellsprout or some shit
>grab everstone
>powersave 999 rare candies

As much as I hate cheating, I hate faggots who clog up the GTS even more.
>>
>>25480564
Why not just powersave in the pokemon and cut out the middleman?
>>
>>25480316
GTS is great. I filled most of the Kalos Dex three days after the release of X/Y just because I managed to find the spot where you can fish for Dratini. I just bred them like a madman and put them up for whatever I needed and got what I wanted in about a minute.
>>
>people still don't know how to use the GTS
YOU put something up for a reasonable request and it will be taken quickly
>>
>>25480572
Same reason that a counterfeiter will pay with a $20 and get legit change in return.
>>
>>25480614
There's no discernible difference between a hacked pokemon and a legit pokemon if you know what you're doing.

Like, literally 0% difference.
>>
I just gave them hacked legendaries for their legit shit.
>>
>>25480682
How? Do you just inject or what?
>>
>>25480316
It was only a mistake because you don't know how to use it properly.

Anything can be considered a mistake if the person doesn't take the time to actually learn.
>>
>>25480612
So then why are there unreasonable requests if this is the case
>>
>>25480316
Emerald cloning makes this tolerable. people will actually do anything for the hoenn legendaries, at least anything that is legit tradeable since i could never really get mew or even jirachi
>>
>>25480807
because there are lots of dumb kids who play the game
>>
>>25480316
GTS negiotiations were the shit. I just bred starters and traded them for legendaries to people who wanted to play with their old bros
>>
>>25480316
Who cares but you?
stop whining please.
>>
>>25480316

What's worse to is people being allowed to ask for unobtainable pokemon. If GF doesn't fix this crap in Sun and Moon, I'm done with them(not really, but you get the point).
>>
>>25480316
Its helped me a lot. Put a version exclusive asking for the other version's, get it quickly. Same with starters asking for other starters.
>>
>>25481216
>Put a Charmander asking for a Squirtle, for dex completion
>Two days later still no one took it
>Throw a buch of eevee breeding reject into the wonder trade
>Get Squirtle

This happened to me two more time when I was chasing for Starters. Also got a shiny Octowl lv 100 with a competitive move set and the ID Smogon, wich i'm 100% sure is hacked. But who fucking cares.
>>
File: shrugpatrick.png (484 KB, 527x350) Image search: [Google]
shrugpatrick.png
484 KB, 527x350
>>25480316
>breed hard to get pokemon people need for national dex
>put one up in each of the 3 gen VI games I have for pokemon I still needed
>mfw living dex in less than a month
>>
>>25480564
i manually leveled a snivy to 100 to get a reshiram, took a couple hours grinding the E4
>>
>>25481521
>He doesnt battle three lv100 Blissey from jap secret base
>>
>>25481348
working on a level 100 living dex myself, the old fashioned way of actually playing. got about 1/3 of it done. leveling is a bitch with shit weak low level E4
>>
>>25481549
in what game? this was when B/W just came out
>>
>level requests
Why?
>>
Ability to check the summary of the pokemon you're trading for fucking when?
>>
>lie about hidden abilities and IVs on shitmon breeding rejects
>get legendaries

lol
>>
>>25481634
I see this everywhere on the GTS when I check. How can people be really this dumb ? Am I tricking kids ?

Haha, fuck them.
I hate kids.
>>
File: turki.jpg (37 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
turki.jpg
37 KB, 540x720
>>25480316
>Want a Shiftry despite having Alpha Sapphire
>Look up Seedots on GTS
>One person wants a Nosepass, any level, nothing else fancy
>I haver a bunch of Nosepass from breeding in X/Y in my PokeBank with good egg moves
>I get my Seedot, they get their Nosepass
This one of many mundane stories. GTS has been a astronomical boon to me.
>>
>>25481719
Do you still have the Shiftry? I put up a Seedot for a Nosepass on GTS once.
>>
>>25480316
>cloning
>trade evo glitch

Nah, famiry
>>
Gamefreak added the option to filter out legendary beggars in 6th gen. Look at the menu next time you go in.
>>
>>25480316
If you put up a fair trade yourself then the system usually worked. You could get just about anything via breeding version exclusives or Eevee.
>>
>>25481873
Even if you deactivate the legendary, you still get some like the bird trio
>>
>>25480807
Same reason there are items on the Steam community marketplace going for insane amounts. Because they can and there are people stupid enough to pay for it.
>>
>>25480533
Oh yeah, I think that's why I've got half a dozen shiny Metagross sitting in either Plat or SS
>>
File: 1457322567407.gif (752 KB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
1457322567407.gif
752 KB, 533x300
>>25480316
>offer version exclusive for Mon I want
>offer legendary for legendary

How is this broken again? You start up the trade and everything will be fine.
>>
It's really helpful. I'm creating a living dex and I've just gotten all the exclusives that I need from the GTS. You have to wade through all the idiots requesting legendaries but usually there a few reasonable trade requests.
>>
>>25480807

>stupid kid puts up Wurmple
>demands Mew
>trade lingers forever because kid forgets about Pokemon as soon as he gets a new game

>reasonable person puts up wurmple
>asks for caterpie or some shit
>request is gone within minutes

The longest I ever had to wait for a request to be filled was when I wanted Cryogonal, and that took less than 8 hours since I left it up overnight.
>>
The only times I ask for a legendary are when I'm offering a legendary. Seems fair to me.
Right now I've got a Zygarde waiting for an Articuno.
But those 7 year olds who put a wurmple on the GTS expecting a Hoopa are ridiculous.
>Remember when people were begging for Hoopa when it wasn't even in the game yet?
>>
It's not a bad idea itself.
Gamefreak was just fucking retarded and allowed you to ask for completely unreasonable Pokemon.
>>
>>25485063
how would you determine what's reasonable?
>>
>>25485073
You could start by not making possible to ask for not tradeable pokemon.

That would be a great start.
>>
File: 1345702843444.png (217 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1345702843444.png
217 KB, 800x600
Why did people used to request impossible shit like "level 9 and under" box legendaries? Did they think it was funny?
>>
>>25485073
Legends for Legends
Fully evolved for fully evolved
Unevolved for Unevolved
>>
>>25485120
So you can only trade phione for other phione?
>>
>>25484641
Yeah well it's been two days since I put my fucking charmander asking for a fuckong Chespin.

I thought all the cool kid wanted a charmander.
>>
>>25485063
Asking for unreasonable Pokemon is fine, the problem is that it completely drowns out all the reasonable requests.

They already have a "show Pokemon I have" filter, they should just add a blacklist so that you can make the filter ignore requests that ask for your legendaries.
>>
I've gotten plenty of great things on GTS.
>Have extra Reshiram
>Need Zekrom
>Put it on GTS
>Watch a 20 or so minute long video
>Come back
>Got Zekrom
Mostly I just trade off extra legendaries I have for legendaries I don't have. Occasionally put a Hidden Ability Snivy on there for some moderately hard to get Pokemon.
>>
I have a shiny Tornadus sitting on there and I'm wanting an Articuno.

I'm not even asking for an event mon why's this taking so long?
>>
>>25485245
I can't find it on GTS, but I have a spare Articuno if it's still up for grabs.
>>
>>25485896
I've taken it down and now it's a Kyurem
The message is Ayyy Lmao
>>
>>25485954
Since the Tornadus didn't seem to work
>>
I hated the GTS when it was dying in Pokemon DPPt.
>Got a friend who had some cheats for his DS, I hand him my Pokemon Pearl copy to put in some Legends and fancy stuff
>After a week i get it back and I see he put lot od stuff
>Shit some legends are missing
>Think about the GTS
>I go there and I find out that everyone want shity Pokemon at lvl 100 for their Legendary
>I remember that you could clone you Pokemon with the GTS, so thats what they were trying to do
>Fuck it I want every legendary
>I go and lvl up to 100 a random Bidoof thanks to the 999 rare candies my friend got me kek
>I go back to the GTS and trade it to those who wanted to clone their legend but failed and left the Legend there. Lmao.

Fuck GTS
>>
>>25485954
>>25485965
Well put the Tornadus up again, I already have three Kyurem, and this one isn't' shiny.
>>
>>25485896
Thank you so much, anon!
>>
>>25486005
Alright here goes
what do I ask for?
>>
>>25486076
Lv. 50 Articuno
>>
>>25486098
It's back in there
>>
>>25485164
Really? If ye still need it, I can do that easily.
>>
>>25486115
Not seeing it, I filter out Pokémon I don't have, and all I see is a guy asking for a Mewtwo.

Add my friend code and I'll give it to you.
>>
>>25486147
Welp, I seem to have some weird internet issue at the moment (like I can go to 4chin but not some website and my 3DS internet is fucked, probably my country NSA spying on me) but just look up for charmander. It's a lv1 with 'For dex completion umbrella emote' message attached. Cant remember if it was for a Chespin or a Turtwig tho, it's the 2 starters i'm still missing.
>>
>>25486212
Well, I'm not seeing it, so maybe someone already took you up on it.
>>
>>25486272
Well thanks anyway. Maybe my internet will be fixed by tommorow, I dont want to have to go full wizard on it and fix it myself.
>>
>>25481554
holy autism
>>
>>25485104
>Game Freak still won't remove that option

>>25485164
>Implying all the cool kids don't already have Charmander
>Implying anyone chose Chespin
>>
I miss the EBOLA Jirachi giveaways. I got some shinies with them.
>>
>>25485104
People still do this all the time. I don't get it at all.
>>
>>25480316
>>put up basic bird pokemon
>>lol give me ubers
Are you saying you search up basic bird Pokemon on the GTS? What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>25480316
They should add a feature to where you can see what people are offering for a certain pokemon
ie
>I have a Ditto
>Person A is offering a Rattata
>Person B is offering a Tepig
>Person C is offering a Deoxys
ect ect
>>
Anyone happen to have a Mandibuzz they'd be willing to put up? The closest thing to a "reasonable" suggestion is a Japanese guy asking for a zapdos.
>>
In DP you could get a lot of awesome stuff for Azurill.

I had no idea why so many people had a hard time finding Azurill.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.