[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mainline Game Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: 20160227_131520_resized.jpg (274 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
20160227_131520_resized.jpg
274 KB, 1200x1600
Let's have a thread for general stuff about the main games. Post stories, share your friend codes, whatever.

Trading is fine, but there's already a general for injection and trading hacked mons, so let's keep it casual and clean.
>>
File: 250px-Officer_Jenny_Azumarill.png (60 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
250px-Officer_Jenny_Azumarill.png
60 KB, 250x141
Currently I'm breeding Marill trying for an Adamant Huge Power one with perfect IVs in everything but Sp.A. for use in a Battle Maison.

200 Marill in, it's suspicious how I can have perfect IVs in every stat but speed, or every stat but attack, but I can never manage to get perfect Attack and Speed on the same one.
>>
File: Slowbro.jpg (120 KB, 545x689) Image search: [Google]
Slowbro.jpg
120 KB, 545x689
>>25479635
I understand. I hatched 133 Slowpoke eggs yesterday, hoping for a Bold male with Regenerator and 31 in everything but Attack. I even hatched a shiny before I got what I wanted. I grew to hate this pink bastard but gained a newfound love (possibly Stockholm syndrome) for him in the end.
>>
Well, I guess I can leave an obligatory FC post here

5473 - 0445 - 5837

mostly trying to get through Yellow VC before I go back on Y to train more stuff. I want to try and figure out breeding so I can probably get onto actually getting usable mons for online play but I feel like that is going to be a total chore. I guess I could always just go with random IV spreads but that would be gimping myself I'd feel (not that I'm really experienced in battling anyways.)
>>
>>25479742
The funny part is that I just checked my daycare Marills, and the female I was using only had 2 maxed IVs. Somewhere along the line, I accidentally put the wrong one in the daycare so instead of 5 maxed IVs it had 2.
>>
FC: 2936-8890-4458

Always willing to trade to pad out our Dexs.
>>
Did any of you participate in the Kanto Challenge? How did you do? Missed out on the competition completely.
>>
>>25479951
Just got my first 6th gen game last night, missed out entirely myself too
>>
>>25479604
Replaying ORAS catching all DexNav mons and raising them through Exp Share. This is really fun to do.

I'm starting to like ORAS. As lackluster as its postgame was, and though it has missing features like Gym Leader rematches, it's still a beautiful game in terms of graphics, so I can't wait to see what happens with Gen 7. ORAS buildings were beautiful and the colours were very vibrant.
>>
>>25480079
This was essentially my experience with it.
>>
Oh perfect, I wanted one of these for a while.

I've been playing HGSS and have been in Blackthorn for ages now. I want to train my Swinub at least to be a Piloswine before fighting Claire. So I've been ducking around getting apricorns and exploring dark cave and whatnot hoping for rematch phone calls.

The best idea I've had is putting the dowsing machine on select instead of my bike. I never use the bike anyway, because I like having my Pokemon follow me. As soon as I started using the dowsing machine, I immediately found some rare candy and shit. There seems to be tons of shit everywhere, how do they expect everyone to find this?

Do you guys use the dowsing machine during your playthroughs?
>>
>>25479604
There have only been 4 years (2002, 2006, 2008, 2015) that haven't had a mainline Pokemon game in them. Of course, those are US release dates.
>>
i just finished Y for the first time and im looking to get into friend safari. im not sure what type i am yet, but id like to get some people with slot 3 unlocked for those hidden abilities
>>
>>25479604
Filling the Dex in AS since 2 weeks ago. Right now i have 679.
Feels good, mang.
>>
>>25481588
You could grind Golbat in the Ice Cave before Blackthorn. That's what I did and maxed out Mamoswine's speed.
>Do you guys use the dowsing machine during your playthroughs?
I always have it on when possible, and speaking of I never did find that one item in the route to the Pal Park in Diamond.
>>
Guys, I have a dark secret.
I love the Pokémon games.
>>
>>25481588
Some of the items are hidden on rocks in caves and dead-ends, and it's basically second-nature for seasoned players to check there for items. But for the items hidden on random spots in the overworld, yes, they expect you to use the Dowsing Machine to find those. It was easier in DPPt because you could have it set to the touch screen without using up your mapped-item button.
>>
>>25481744
Yeah, I grinned a bit, but I dunno, I feel like with how limited my time is, I should at least be trying to do side quests when I grind.

I just recently found the Gate guy who wants you to carry a Pokemon to his friend again. I completely forgot about that little quest.

Hey, soothe bell makes Pokemon like you more, right? But only if you battle with them or just, whenever? I want Shuckie to not hate me.

And yeah, I'm gonna have dowsing in that slot from now on. I don't know what I was thinking with good rod and bike.

Also, do you guys ever use your rare candies, HP ups, PP ups, Proteins, Carbos, etc. or sell your nuggets? I've been hoarding them. I feel like if I use them now, I'll end up having wasted them.
>>
>>25481754
Ugh! Disgusting.

>>25481758
Yeah, those are usually pretty obvious, but like, I found a big mushroom in the middle of nowhere in Ruins of Alph. I feel like I'd need to be pretty obsessive to find all this.

Yeah, it is a bit annoying having to switch it back on every time. Especially since it turns off when a wild Pokemon attacks. And the fact that I have to use the touch screen is irksome.

But hey, I probably am gonna walk through the entire game again now.
>>
Does anyone have a poliwag they could trade me in gen 6? I've been breeding in AS and I could really use one for egg moves.
>>
>>25479761
>>25481653
Added

>>25479809
FC is invalid
>>
>>25481830
Should have been 2036-8890-4458

Whoops, sorry.
>>
>>25481856
added
>>
I have a 5 max IV Pokémon that lacks two egg moves it needs from two different Pokémon. How do I do this without basically having to start over?
>>
>>25481777
>do you guys ever use your rare candies, HP ups, PP ups, Proteins, Carbos, etc. or sell your nuggets? I've been hoarding them. I feel like if I use them now, I'll end up having wasted them.
I save all but the nuggets, just incase there's a certain move set only available in a generation, or if I want to train to get BP for the toutors. (though only in Gen 4)
>>
>>25481962
Worry about Egg Moves first, then nature and after that IVs. Hopefully the flawless pokemon is female.
>>
>>25482093
Yeah, I was just kind of lazy about it and based on the Pokémon and the moves I was pretty sure they weren't egg moves. I have a bunch of female or male, so that's not a problem.
>>
>>25482083
BP for the tourtours? Hm?

I should probably sell my vendor trash.

I remember learning as a kid that using your rare candies is somehow worse than training them legit, but I don't know why I have that impression.
>>
>>25479604
i like the oras typos
>>
Howdy folks. I am a friendless loser and am looking for a Ditto. IDK IVs right now. Just looking to bread my male Swampert for Mudkips to put on GTS for the other Hoenn starters.

FC:4871-7715-5360
>>
>>25482476
Don't have a spare ditto because I'm a retard and I only grabbed one when I got a mirage island that had them, and I'm a swampert guy too so I can't help you with the gen 3 starters, but I have gen 2 and 5 fire starters if you want those.
>>
>>25482476
added. I don't have a ditto safari or any dittos to trade though because I lost my save file
>>
>>25482510
Is alright. I haven't gotten the Eon Flute yet(actually have only 7 badges because I just bought the game and system on Saturday and was busy all day Sunday so couldn't play)

Already have Cyndaquill from a lucky Wondertrade. I will take the Tepig tho. anything you want in return?
>>
>>25482597
I only started playing a couple weeks ago myself, what's a Wonder trade?

This is my FC
>>25481856
Breeding tepig now
>>
>>25482638
Wondertrade sets up a trade with someone else who is wondertrading from anywhere in the world. You won't know what pokémon you get until the trade starts. Most of the time you'll get early route shit but sometimes you'll get breeding leftovers with decent iv's or egg moves
>>
>>25482638
You send a pokemon off to a random person without knowing what you will get until the trade happens.

I have sent out some egg move kecleons with 1 or two decent IVs from chaining on the DexNav and gotten two Eevees, a charmander, and a Cyndaquill.
>>
>>25482638
okay. gonna be AFK for a but added now.
>>
File: 1429492488853.jpg (67 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1429492488853.jpg
67 KB, 720x480
>>25479604
>uses remake pokemon artwork for r/b
>uses original pokemon artwork for g/s r/s
>>
>>25482762
Hey don't make fun of my poster that I got at Toys R Us
>>
Lyra just tricked me into catching a poliwag. I couldn't even get it to do the special interaction.
>>
>>25482740
Just post whenever you're back
>>
>>25479604
>only a year between Gen 1 and 2

Fuck, it really felt like an eternity back then.
>>
File: 098.png (5 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
098.png
5 KB, 120x120
I'm building a pokemon fan site in my spare time; not a business just a hobby project. It's going to be a companion for the main games.
>>
>>25482762
I think whoever makes promotional images like this forgot that HGSS exist, since they've been doing this since FRLG. I mean, it was understandable back then since they had no reason to update the Johto art yet, but it's always bugged me.
>>
>>25482952
Back now.
>>
>>25483047
Okay, just send a trade request in game when you're good
>>
>>25483085
Thanks mate. You rock.
>>
>>25481588
My dousing Machine is always on

>>25482211
They dont get EV's if you use Rare Candies too much.

>>25483007
no details?
>>
>>25483175
No problem. I'll have a lot more to offer when I get around to moving up earlier gen Pokémon, just hesitant to put the time in right now.
>>
File: map concept.png (182 KB, 1291x913) Image search: [Google]
map concept.png
182 KB, 1291x913
>>25483187

I saw the domain for sale for $2.99, and I just had to have it. Pic related, but the left sidebar is still a concept. I would love some feedback.

www.pokemaps.com
>>
>>25483242
Make all the maps consistent. So choose an art style that works for every region. One thing I hate about Serebii is how the maps for Gens 1 to 4 are the same then 5 and 6 are randomly different.

Either make them all the same or use the different ones they have. Still, nice to have a nice map based web page for people to go to. It'd have to be thorough to not simply use Bulbapedia or Serebii though. I guess making it a 4chin community thing could help
>>
>>25483300

Yeah, I commissioned these maps from an artist, and hes wrapping up the last 3. I'll make sure the styles are consistent.
>>
>>25483355
It's gonna be interesting seeing him/her do Kalos and Unova since they do straight lines rather than the actual layout for some reason.

Also, you may need a Sevii Islands map too
>>
>>25484051

Yeah those two are going to be interesting. I'm going to force it to be in the same style as the others though. I told my artist to take some creative liberties and add pizzazz.

As for Sevii and other such maps, I don't think I'll worry about them until this idea ever takes off. If an item or something a user is searching for is there I'll just have the map say so.
>>
>>25484235
Oh, I wouldnt go into spinoff games at all myself. Its just since it's "technically" a mainline game region and Bulbapedia counts it as such, I'd consider it as well.
>>
>>25479604
I started Heart Gold again and I'm having a lot of fun using every feature I didn't before.
>Team
Typhlosion Lv38
Umbreon Lv33
Heracross Lv36
Shiny Gloom Lv35
Swinub Lv24
On my way to the 8th gym.
>>
>>25484597
I'm evolving Gloom into a Bellosom
>>
>>25479604
I finally restarted Black 1, first time ever using Set Battle Mode. This is currently my team (just lost against N's Sigilyph at the Ferris Wheel):
Whirlipede lv. 27
Conkeldurr lv. 27
Servine lv. 27

I'm thinking about using Archeops, Jellicent and Garbodor too. Or Chandelure.
>>
>>25484801
Acrobatics is the silliest move in Black for casual play
>>
>>25481799
Bumping this post
>>
>>25484597
I'm also on my way to the eight gym in HG, at the moment the best grinding spot seems to be below the Safari Zone. Anyone got any suggestions?

>Team
Growlithe Lv36
Rhyhorn Lv36
Magneton Lv36
Dragonair Lv36
Scyther Lv36
Slowbro Lv37

I'm going with a gen-1 only theme, it was a pain getting Slowpoke up to 37 but it was oddly worth it
>>
>>25485135
Wow, 36 and you are still grinding? Why?
>>
File: 1452922404014.png (147 KB, 357x814) Image search: [Google]
1452922404014.png
147 KB, 357x814
>>25479604
Bought blue for the 3DS on the eshop a while ago, just made it to Lavender Town.
>Blastoise LVL 36
>Clefable LVL 30
>Mew LVL 28
>Nidoqueen LVL 28
>Vulpix LVL 20
Just caught a vulpix and i'm planning to grind more so it'll reach at least level 30. Last slot in my team is reserved for eevee.
>>
>>25485405
Clair's level 41 Kingdra. I've actually been grinding less than usual this run
>>
>>25486067
Man, what the fuck? She has a level 41 Kingdra, but you can't fight karate king until you beat her? His Pokemon are level 34, do they just want him to roll over and die?
>>
Why do so many people not pick a bro mon and just level him. This extra work leveling a whole team blows my mind.
>>
>>25486218
Variety. It gets boring using the same moves over and over.
>>
>>25486235
Who even has battle animations turned on?

And what's more boring than grinding?
>>
>>25486253
There's more to moves that just animations. Unless you are the kind of person who only uses 80 power 100 accuracy stab moves that only deal damage.

As for grinding, I'm not used to having to do it. HGSS is really bad about that. Usually, there's always trainers to fight who keep my Pokemon at a comfortable level.
>>
>>25486105
HGSS has lots of levelling issues like that. Every time I play through I wish they'd have bumped them up a bit, because going from Jasmine's level 36 Steelix to mid-20s fodder around Mahogany is stupid
>>
>>25486253
why do you even play these games?
fucking faggot
>>
>>25486438
No wonder Jasmine kept wrecking me, I'm in Blackthorn and my highest level is 35.
>>
>>25486481
Gotta catch 'em all.

I get it, not everyone shares the bond of brotherhood that me and Infernape do.
>>
Add me faggots
>>
>>25486721
3282 - 5041 - 6061
>>
>>25486738
added
>>
Favorite Pokemon?

Braviary a best
>>
>>25486861
Smeargle, and a couple others. Was hoping Gen 6 would dethrone Smeargle but it ended up having nothing that stood out to me.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.