[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe its because I've never been a big Gen 3 guy so I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: Pokemon-ORAS-600x330.jpg (65 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-ORAS-600x330.jpg
65 KB, 600x330
Maybe its because I've never been a big Gen 3 guy so I didn't buy into the hype but, come on, they're not that bad.
>>
>>25468761
>I never thought gen 3 was good to begin with so how come people are shitting on ORAS I think they're good
This doesn't make any logical sense. You're trying way too hard
>>
File: 1457201925372.png (228 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457201925372.png
228 KB, 893x1200
>they're not that bad
>>
>>25468761

You must be new here. Reasonable opinions aren't allowed, you MUST abide by the "ORAS sucks" meme.
>>
File: non-canonical 1.gif (124 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
non-canonical 1.gif
124 KB, 500x280
>>25468761
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 856x1091) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 856x1091
>>25468789
>>
>>25468789
>mirage tower removed

You sure you just haven't seen it yet?
Also some of that stuff is just removing features that make one game unique while adding others that make the current game unique. Clothes customization was a feature of XY the same as pokemon following you was a feature of HGSS
>>
>>25468789
>autistic nitpicking
>>
>>25468821

Don't engage with anyone who posts that image. It's well known that at least two thirds of those complaints are completely invalid.
>>
>>25468781
I didn't expect something completely amazing, is what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>25468761
For remakes they are pretty good. The only meh part was the delta episode.
>>
File: 1427669080960.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1427669080960.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>25468796
wrong, the originals are made non-canonical by the remakes, not vice-versa
>>
>>25468844
No, you were just trying to invoke genwars. The general consensus is that ORAS suck shit despite what the vocal minority on /vp/ might to enforce.
>>
>>25468884
Take a deep breath, anon. Everything's going to be okay.
>>
>>25468884
>general consensus
>/vp/

Pick one. It might as well be an isolated issue.
>>
>Still shitty Pokemon Selection
>N-No we can't change the Pokemon selection until super late game cause then we'd be changing stuff from the original!
>Shit HM Puzzles still
>N-No we can't change them cause then it wouldn't be a remake of the original!
>Proceeds to change areas, entire cities, cut out portions of the game, remove all backtracing, hands you a free latias, and does heaps of other shit that wasn't in the original games
>B-But we can't change any of that stuff that matters or would make it a good remake...

Fuck I hate these games.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1111x597
>>25468884
>it's not the OR/AS haters that are a vocal minority
Keep deluding yourself, underage
>>
>>25468789
>legitimate point
>legitimate point although you know that there would be people whining if they implemented it
>legitimate point
>meh
>who cares about 3D
>contests were always piss-easy in gen3
>who cares
>m-muh casualization when later gym leaders have buffed levels but t-that doesn't matter because I say so!
>legit complaint
>nobody liked the Sky Pillar bike challenge
>oh no backtracking when Fly exists how horrifying
>the Safari Zone was always a terrible idea that did nothing but gate certain pokemon behind frustrating RNG and esoteric, nonsensical mechanics
>meh
>who cares
>Game Corner is never coming back because of European gambling laws and everybody complained about Voltorb Flip so why bother
>who cares
>???
>who cares
>who cares
>your fault for being a spoiler-reading faggot
>your fault for being a spoiler-reading faggot
>legitimate complaint
>he smogonfags but doesn't even complain about mega fug lmao
>then don't use it
>legitimate complaint
>wooow its almost as if story-wise mega-evos are supposed to be rare as fuck holy shit
>who cares
>nobody liked roaming legendaries
>RNG is only good when its for shit like the Safari Zone!
>fuck off DexNav is great for ingame
>its a remake dumbass
>HGSS didn't have added postgame areas either but nobody complains about that
>villain teams have always been easy as fuck
>lol

Prove me wrong
protip: you can't
>>
>>25468941
general consensus is general consensus, this includes, but is not limited to: /vp/

>>25468923
Don't ever reply to me again unless you actually have got something to say.

>>25469008
Can we just ban applefags already?
>>
>>25469019
>>legitimate point
Well stopped reading there. If it's a legitimate point it stands. Thanks for agreeing.
>>
>>25469062
The only real legitimate points are no battle frontier and the technical issues that are carried over from XY, everything else is autism and pretending that Pokemon was ever difficult.
>>
>>25469078
>these aren't real
No true scotsman
>>
>>25469108
>I have no idea what the fuck I'm saying
>>
>>25469114
Nice strawman.
>>
>>25469078
Or the original existing issues with Hoenn. Which were carried over to the remake.
>>
>>25469052
>thinks his opinion matters
>>
I'm just insulted by how lazy it was. I've NEVER seen a game that looked more like a romhack of the previous game. "B-B-BUT X GAME WAS ALSO LAZY!" Maybe, but I haven't seen a game that just recycles all sprites (I know they're not sprites technically now) the UI (pokemonamie, super training,etc was straight copy pasted) they TOOK OUT content that was in the originals.

It's a fucking insult in the face of HG/SS. If you just love Hoenn that much, you're free to like it, but I didn't even like hoenn that much but was willing to give it a chance
>>
>>25469052
>apple gags
Nice ad hominem there broseph
>>
>>25468761
Too much water. Otherwise okay.
>>
>>25469062
>if one point is true then all are
Are you a Christian? Because if you believe anything in the bible is true then you must believe all are.
>>
File: 1425187706912.jpg (276 KB, 1010x960) Image search: [Google]
1425187706912.jpg
276 KB, 1010x960
>>25469141
Wait, you're mad that they took out content, and then also mad that they put in content like Super Training?
>>
>>25468761
I think the lack of pokemon variety ruins more the game than the BF

>You dont like Gen 1 mons and the same 10 hoenmons ? Dont worry you can get more endgame ;)
>>
>>25469135
I never once stated my opinion.
>>
>>25469189

When you take out content of the original game, and the only "new" content is copy/pasted from X/Y, it looks bad.

And I know it's hyperbole when I say "only new content" because it did add inconsequential shit like delta episdoe or whatever, but it's a fucking mole on the huge black ass that was HG/SS's new content
>>
>>25469143
It's not. People stupid enough to not only buy but post on 4chan of all places with their phone have never contributed a single thing to 4chan

>>25469170
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>25469108
>>25469062
more like fallacy of composition.

Most of the complaints are subjective and I like ORAS but I tend to agree that they're worse than Emerald.
>>
>>25469229
Fucking THIS

>Glacia has two Froslass, two Glalies and a Walrein
>>
>>25469257
Well so if you agree, what is the point of your post?

>why is the water dirty
>here's why
>well yeah that's true but it could be dirtier it's kinda clean if you ignore its dirt
>>
>>25469272
Im not the person you were arguing with, I was giving my opinion for the OP. That being said, how is the game not compatible with X and Y? Ive never noticed that before?
>>
>>25468761
Honestly, the main complaint will always remain the lack of the battle frontier and nothing else. I mean, sure the games were made easier than the originals, but you just had to grind more before and the result was the same: you eventually won the fight. But with BF, you had the feeling of a great accomplishment because the facilities were trully challenging. The rest is better...better graphics, new megas, more pokemon...if the BF was in, the games would have been better than the originals. At least XY were completly new so though the post-game was pratically inexistent, you could at least enjoy the new world/story.
>>
>>25468761
I liked Hoenn when it was new, as I have with every generation, but over the years I started to feel it's the worst region. Still, I bought into the ORAS hype and had hopes for the games and honestly I wasn't disappointed. I don't care about the battle frontier so I see them as complete upgrades from gen 3.
>>
>>25469078
>battle frontier
>legitimate point
Lol
>>
>>25469486
It's better many times better than the bullshit maison.
>>
>>25469527
I won't disagree with that, but the fact that it's not in the game isn't a "legitimate problem". It's just people getting mad that it wasn't included when they wanted it to be.
>>
>>25468789
>all this cherrypicking
>bitching that things that were in the originals weren't in the remakes
>then bitching the remakes didn't add things not in the originals
>muh frontier because the third version had it
>muh auto run that was literally only done once and not in the originals
Self entitled gen 3 fags need to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>25469553
There was no excuse for them not to include it and having less content than a ten year old game is just sad.
>>
>>25469598
They don't need an excuse. Unless you work at gamefreak, you have no way of knowing what their reasoning for not including it was.
And ORAS in no way had less content than a 10 year old game. Just because it's not the content you wanted doesn't mean there's no content
>>
>>25469340
Go play it.
>>
>>25469640
Delta Episode was maybe a few hours at most while I spent hundreds trying to earn a second set of badges. Online battles? Showdown exists. As for their reasoning? I think I remember why and it had to do with them having a one year development cycle and Masuda thinking it was "too hard" for ADD iphone kiddies. Both of them are invalid.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.